McCain defends Syrian jihadists' 'Allahu akbar'

Sep 3, 2013 | Posted by: Joe DeCaro | Full story: www.jihadwatch.org

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) blasted Fox News' Brian Kilmeade on Tuesday for questioning members of a Syrian opposition groups' use of the phrase "Allahu Akbar" after what Kilmeade said "looks like a fighter jet being shot out of the sky."

“I have a problem helping those people screaming that after a hit,” Kilmeade said ...
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Sep 5, 2013

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

from jihadwatch:

"McCain criticized Kilmeade for his skepticism of the phrase, which means 'God is greater' or 'God is the greatest' in Arabic.

"'Would you have a problem with an American person saying 'Thank God? Thank God?'' McCain said.'That’s what they're saying. Come on! Of course they're Muslims, but they're moderates and I guarantee you they are moderates'...

"Allahu akbar does not mean 'thank God,' as McCain seems to have affirmed ... Allahu akbar means 'Allah is greater'– not, as it is often translated,'God is great.' The significance of this is enormous, as it is essentially a proclamation of superiority and supremacism. Allah is greater – than any of the gods of the infidels, and Islam is superior to all other religions ...

"And McCain guarantees that the Syrian rebels are moderates? This is the John McCain who, according to Lebanon’s Daily Star,'was unwittingly photographed with a known affiliate of the rebel group responsible for the kidnapping of 11 Lebanese Shiite pilgrims one year ago, during a brief and highly publicized visit inside Syria' in May. He has already proven that he wouldn't know a 'moderate' if he were slitting the venerable Senator's throat."

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

McCain has become an embarrassment.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Such profound ignorance of Islam vs. Christianity has to be intentional. How McCain could possibly read the previous UN reports and del Ponte's overview of the "rebels" being responsible for the Sarin attacks in Syria and not come away with a clearer understanding of the duplicity he's involved himself suggests he's either in bed with Satan, or mentally ill.
DrBen

Québec, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Apparently, most of you are too young to remember Navy Chaplain Howell Forgy, who used similar language during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Later, he talked about it and said, "Well, I was stationed aboard the USS New Orleans, and we were tied up at 1010 dock in Pearl Harbor when we were attacked again. We were having a turbine lifted, and all of our electrical power wasn't on, and so when we went to lift the ammunition by the hoist, we had to form lines of men — form a bucket brigade — and we began to carry the ammunition up through the quarterdeck into the gurneys, and I stood there and directed some of the boys down the port side and some down the starboard side, and as they were getting a little tired, I just happened to say, "PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION."

After the attack, the phrase was immortalized in a patriotic song by Frank Loesser.

In 1942, a recording by The Merry Macs reached number 8 on the Billboard chart. The 1943 version by Kay Kyser and His Orchestra reached number 1.

Apparently good Christian Americans can invoke the Deity while killing their enemies but Syrian rebels cannot.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

DrBen wrote:
... Apparently good Christian Americans can invoke the Deity while killing their enemies but Syrian rebels cannot.
Apparently John McCain can't tell an invocation from a declaration, e.g., that allah, the muslim's moon god, is greater than anyone else's god.
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

We are allowed to say god is great, but how dare someone else say it in their native tongue... It just sounds so scary..../s

McCain is correct here in regards to the usage of the phrase which can be used in mulitple context from god is great to praise god, oh god, and even an Oh Sh1T!

Arabic probably just sounds really scary to fox news reguardless of what is being said.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Lamer wrote:
We are allowed to say god is great ...
"Allah Akbar" means "God is greatER ...," proving you don't know any more than clueless McCain.

No wonder he lost to Obama.
Lamer

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
"Allah Akbar" means "God is greatER ...," proving you don't know any more than clueless McCain.
No wonder he lost to Obama.
There are multiple uses for the phrase. a 3 sec google search could have answered that for you but you chose not to. I guess your narrow mind can only hold 1 of those at a time. Seems to me you are afraid of words and that is pretty pathetic.
Adale

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Both Obama and McCain are losers, I detest the both of them.

Allah Akbar

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••