Obama concedes to Syria and Russia

Obama concedes to Syria and Russia

There are 15 comments on the The Washington Post story from Sep 16, 2013, titled Obama concedes to Syria and Russia. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Wasn't military action needed to make an example of Assad and discourage any other power from using weapons of mass destruction? Now the lesson is that despots can use them repeatedly, remain in power and string out disarmament.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Nov 10

Zhengzhou, China

#1 Sep 16, 2013
some people don't think it is concession, but others think not.
however, politcial solution is more better than warship.

Zhengzhou, China

#2 Sep 16, 2013
coffee has a bitter taste, but most people like to drink it.
Another

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Sep 16, 2013
BS headline and editorial. This is a better result than we could have hoped for, given the newly-minted rightwing peaceniks in congress whose only principle is to block the president and progress for the country.

“Don't Mess With Texas ”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#4 Sep 16, 2013
Another wrote:
BS headline and editorial. This is a better result than we could have hoped for, given the newly-minted rightwing peaceniks in congress whose only principle is to block the president and progress for the country.
People don't like the direction he is taking us! Our allies don't trust us and our enemies don't fear us because of Obama!!
Mr E

Buffalo, NY

#5 Sep 16, 2013
This is for all of you Foxbots:

Roger Ailes (the head of Fox News) said this a little over a year ago: "Putin is angry, he thinks the United States doesn't take him seriously or treat Russia like a major player. Okay, fine, that's how he feels. If I were President, I'd get in a room with him and say,'Look at the slaughter going on in Syria. You can stop it. Do it, and I'll see to it that you can get all the credit. I'll tell the world that it was you who saved the innocent....'"

But now Ailes's reporters are on the air saying that the US has been "castrated" by Russia.
Quit

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Sep 16, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
People don't like the direction he is taking us! Our allies don't trust us and our enemies don't fear us because of Obama!!
talking stupid.
reality check

United States

#7 Sep 16, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not smart enough to figure out what laxative to take, let alone who our enemies are.

"Mohammed was a Jew" LOL - That pretty much sums you up.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#8 Sep 16, 2013
Another wrote:
Progress like this?

American households are earning 4.4% less, when adjusted for inflation, than they were when the economic recovery began four years ago.

"Almost every group is worse off than it was four years ago," said Gordon Green of Sentier Research. Demographic groups such as the middle-aged, part-time workers and women with children have suffered even worse than the average.

Yeah, I know, I know...everything is the fault of the GOP. Yawn.

Well, if that's the case, you're admitting your president is impotent. Coming up on 5 years and all we have is a country that's more dependent on the government than it has EVER been. And what do you folks want? 15 million more instant immigrant democrats on the dole.
Besara

Omaha, NE

#9 Sep 16, 2013
Another wrote:
Block the prez from progressing us into a war.

“Don't Mess With Texas ”

Location hidden

#10 Sep 16, 2013
Quit wrote:
<quoted text>
talking stupid.
Telling the truth!

“Don't Mess With Texas ”

Location hidden

#11 Sep 16, 2013
reality check wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not smart enough to figure out what laxative to take, let alone who our enemies are.
"Mohammed was a Jew" LOL - That pretty much sums you up.
The sh*t that comes out of your mouth. Do you kiss your boyfriend with that mouth?
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#12 Sep 17, 2013
Putin got Obama off the hook!

Zhengzhou, China

#13 Sep 17, 2013
Syrian wrote:
Putin got Obama off the hook!
why?
that may be the step that putin find to withdraw.
the situation is tough, american indeed not to wish to be involved into dispute.

Zhengzhou, China

#14 Sep 17, 2013
the best bet for syria is that spliting their state inot two, like sudan.
or korea.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#16 Sep 17, 2013
New China wrote:
the best bet for syria is that spliting their state inot two, like sudan.
or korea.
Yeah, then AlQaeda can have their own State!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bristol Palin announces she's pregnant for seco... 15 min Responsibility 37
News McCain: US must reassess Afghanistan troop with... 22 hr Your Ex 3
News Sarah Palin is no longer a Fox News contributor Jul 2 Miss Id 1
News Bachmann Calls Bush's Bailout Decision an Act o... (Nov '11) Jul 1 Calgary Anti-Xeno 23
News McCain fires a salvo in the fight to save the A... Jun 30 Ross 8
News Pat Buchanan: U.S. heading for a collision cour... Jun 29 Robert godau 1
News Sarah Palin dumped by Fox News Jun 26 LeDuped 2
More from around the web