Not An April Fools' Joke: Russians Pe...

Not An April Fools' Joke: Russians Petition To Get Alaska Back

There are 22 comments on the GPB.org story from Apr 1, 2014, titled Not An April Fools' Joke: Russians Petition To Get Alaska Back. In it, GPB.org reports that:

Russians in Moscow's Red Square hold banners reading, "Love You Crimea!", "Together For All Time," and "Obama, Think About Alaska!" during a March 18 rally celebrating the annexation of Crimea.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GPB.org.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hawk

Kamuela, HI

#21 Apr 16, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>The US never paid them for California!
And why would America pay Russia for California?

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#23 Apr 16, 2014
Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
And why would America pay Russia for California?
Same reason we paid them for Alaska. They were here first, had a colony at Ft Ross and everything. I believe they were the first European settlers here (after the Spanish/Mexicans)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 5 hr dumbass the deadbeat 9,753
News Rumsfeld Resigns as Defense Secretary Democrats... (Nov '06) Jun 24 Romneycare killed... 14
News Incoming US Africa commander: No 'grand strateg... Jun 22 Was a Democrat NO... 1
News Bachmann Calls Bush's Bailout Decision an Act o... (Nov '11) Jun 20 Mork from Ork 41
News McCain: Obama 'directly responsible' for Orland... Jun 20 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 81
News Democrats, LGBT groups look to McCain to hold t... Jun 13 Le Jimbo 5
News Rupert Murdoch: When Will Trump Stop Embarrassi... (Jul '15) Jun 8 Wendy Murdoch jr 28
More from around the web