Obama announces more sanctions agains...

Obama announces more sanctions against Russia

There are 53 comments on the USA Today story from Mar 20, 2014, titled Obama announces more sanctions against Russia. In it, USA Today reports that:

President Obama is set to deliver a statement on the ongoing crisis in Ukraine at 11 a.m. on Thursday Obama will speak just hours after Russia's lower parliament on Thursday ratified a treaty to Obama signs an executive order that will allow U.S. to impose sanctions on key sectors of the Russian economy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#45 Mar 22, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? You were arguing "green" energy saves Europe money, I showed otherwise.
So you switch tactics and present CAGW theory?
Google non-sequitor. There should be a picture of you there.
You really are stupid, and a liar to boot. Here's the link to my post you moron;

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TSARHP...

Nowhere in my post did I state the EU saved money.

Wanna try again, or should another boot in your ass be in order?
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#46 Mar 22, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are stupid, and a liar to boot. Here's the link to my post you moron;
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TSARHP...
Nowhere in my post did I state the EU saved money.
Wanna try again, or should another boot in your ass be in order?
Ahh.. I see..

Your first post was in response to, "The basic law of economics, supply and demand, dictates that EU fuel prices would rise without Russian oil, nut not necessarily that the European economy would collapse,".

To which you responded that the EU was big into green energy, and that , "the US once again lags behind. Sad. "

Note my response: "Sad? "Green" energy is already driving up energy costs in Europe. Russian cuts would make it worse.", as it appeared you were offering supporting evidence that the EU would benefit from it's spending on green energy. From there came your CAGW "illuminations".

So it seems now that your "illumination", was intended to argue in support of both green energy and the CAGW theory. I fault you for a lousy segue... you wanted to talk CAGW, and couldn't find a rhetorical device to change the direction of the conversation.

So that makes me "stupid" and a "liar"? My, my... what a child you are. What's next? "Poopy head?"

Learn to write better.

Google "writing segue"... learn something, and practice posting over at the kids forum before you come back.

http://www.topix.com/forum/family/kids

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#47 Mar 22, 2014
Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama hasn't gut anything in the military, you saying he has doesn't make it true.
The easiest way to end the crisis is to simply have Ukraine invite NATO trainers and advisiors to Ukraine's eastern border to train Ukraine troops and if Russia attempts to attack, then NATO steam rolls Russia.
Would be the great folly of the 21st century if Russia dares to go to war against NATO.
President Obamaís aggressive reduction of American military power to pre-World War II levels (while environmental policies force them to buy biofuel at $59 per gallon) will have an adverse impact on minorities.

The Pentagonís proposed defense cuts Ė shrinking the U.S. Army to its smallest size since before World War II Ė has Hispanic war veterans concerned about the thousands of current military personnel who are going to lose their jobs and worried about lost opportunities for the next generation of Latino youths.

Thatís Obama for you, he lets gays into the military. Then, he destroys the military. But in the attitude of Democrats like Barack Obama and John Kerry only losers end up in the military anyway; and instead of learning the value of hard work, honor, and discipline, those people will be better off on the welfare, food stamp, and Obamacare programs those cuts to the military will help pay for. Itís not as though they can all get jobs in the booming Obama recovery. But maybe a few lucky ones with criminal records can get hired as Obamacare Navigators.

Update: Sensing Obamaís weakness, US Adversaries begin expanding aggressively.

barock turned arab spring to winter by golfing from behind.
Hawk

Kamuela, HI

#53 Mar 23, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obamaís aggressive reduction of American military power to pre-World War II levels (while environmental policies force them to buy biofuel at $59 per gallon) will have an adverse impact on minorities.
The Pentagonís proposed defense cuts Ė shrinking the U.S. Army to its smallest size since before World War II Ė has Hispanic war veterans concerned about the thousands of current military personnel who are going to lose their jobs and worried about lost opportunities for the next generation of Latino youths.
Thatís Obama for you, he lets gays into the military. Then, he destroys the military. But in the attitude of Democrats like Barack Obama and John Kerry only losers end up in the military anyway; and instead of learning the value of hard work, honor, and discipline, those people will be better off on the welfare, food stamp, and Obamacare programs those cuts to the military will help pay for. Itís not as though they can all get jobs in the booming Obama recovery. But maybe a few lucky ones with criminal records can get hired as Obamacare Navigators.
Good lord, there is shit in here I didn't think someone could make up but there it is...

Do you know how bat zhit crazy you are son?
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#54 Mar 23, 2014
Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Good lord, there is shit in here I didn't think someone could make up but there it is...
You must be new here. Welcome to Topix political discussions.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#55 Mar 23, 2014
Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
oh god, hawk..you ain't seen one quarter of how crazy that bitch is...

probably not even one tenth...don't waste your time with it, s/he'll post lie after lie, and when you prove them to be lies, irrefutably, she will just post them again and again...

she doesn't even understand the lies she parrots..

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#56 Mar 23, 2014
Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
I accept your surrender, crat.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#57 Mar 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh god, hawk..you ain't seen one quarter of how crazy that bitch is...
probably not even one tenth...don't waste your time with it, s/he'll post lie after lie, and when you prove them to be lies, irrefutably, she will just post them again and again...
Freshman orientation.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#58 Mar 23, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Freshman orientation.
I'm not sorry the truth hurts you.

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-slams-obama-faul...

Fore!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#59 Mar 23, 2014
Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are wrong as well, First, sanctions against Russia oil is going to work, as it works in both in buying oil from Russia and investment of oil, something that Russia needs badly. Any oil amount that Russia shifts to China will just prompt oil companies to shift oil to those nations that provide the demand for that oil.
As Kuda pointed out simple supply and demand.
That goes with natural gas as well, what Russia doesn't provide others will because the potential profits would be too great to pass up.
Trade war with Russia is a very real thing and would hurt the Russia's far more than the EU.
How will it hurt Russia if Russia will get it`s oil money anyways?
Investments? Do you seriously believe that investors can refuse from investing in oil and gas just because some stupid politicians want them to refuse? It`s not even funny.
As for trade war, I doubt it very much that EU will wage a reall trade war on Russia. Russian isn`t just an oil suppliers for EU, it is also a huge market for European goods. Russia can easily replace European and American cars, for example, with Chineese, Kerean, Japaneese and it`s own ones. It`s not a problem to increase the output of cars for them, during a short time, while European automobile industry will suffer. Russia is the second automobile market in Europe after German one. Russian market is also important for some American companies like Pepsy Cola. Russia is the second biggest market for the company after USA.
As for getting gas from the MIddle East instead of Russia, it`s not that reliable. There can be a war in the MIddle East any time. If Russia will really switch it`s export to Asia and there will be a war in the Middle East, EU will have no gas at all.
So I doubt it very much that EU will start a trade war on Russia.
Not because of Ukraine anyways.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#63 Mar 23, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Military power is the only thing what`s left in USA from it`s supremacy over the world.
Chineese has beaten USA economically, Russia has beaten USA diplomatically.
USA reminds me of USSR in 80s - a huge army and no money to support it, a hell lot of troops fighting at useless war.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#64 Mar 23, 2014
Alexey25 wrote:
<quoted text>
Military power is the only thing what`s left in USA from it`s supremacy over the world.
Chineese has beaten USA economically, Russia has beaten USA diplomatically.
USA reminds me of USSR in 80s - a huge army and no money to support it, a hell lot of troops fighting at useless war.
.. thanks to liberals.
Hawk

Kamuela, HI

#65 Apr 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh god, hawk..you ain't seen one quarter of how crazy that bitch is...
I'll keep that in mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'This is a bizarre situation': John McCain says... 12 min Ronald 12
News The Democrats' immigration problem 4 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 19
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 16 hr Tm Cln 3,381
News Ann Coulter's Anti-Semitism Runs Deep (May '16) Tue Tm Cln 58
News Lawmakers grill U.S. military leaders over nude... Mar 18 android 30
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) Mar 18 Sassy 2 15,784
News Government has many ways to surveil people, Whi... Mar 14 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 22
More from around the web