As Syria war escalates, Americans cool to U.S. intervention: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Aug 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Americans strongly oppose U.S. intervention in Syria's civil war and believe Washington should stay out of the conflict even if reports that Syria's government used deadly chemicals to attack civilians are confirmed, a Reuters/Ipsos poll says.

Comments
1 - 20 of 46 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Obama be a coward again.
Benghazi.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Teabaggers want the U.S to go to war, to save more muslims.
Storm Warning

Fall River, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Wall Street Government wrote:
your not making any sense,

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen a liberal who does?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
March 16 2003

Of course not, he was lying also.

Vice President Cheney: "Now, I think things have gotten so bad inside Iraq, from the standpoint of the Iraqi people, my belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators.

The president's made it very clear that our purpose there is, if we are forced to do this, will in fact be to stand up a government that's representative of the Iraqi people, hopefully democratic due respect for human rights, and it, obviously, involves a major commitment by the United States.

We think it's a commitment worth making. And we don't have the option anymore of simply laying back and hoping that events in Iraq will not constitute a threat to the U.S."

Mr. Russert: If your analysis is not correct, and we're not treated as liberators, but as conquerors, and the Iraqis begin to resist, particularly in Baghdad, do you think the American people are prepared for a long, costly, and bloody battle with significant American casualties?

Vice President Cheney: Well, I don't think it's likely to unfold that way, Tim, because I really do believe that we will be greeted as liberators.

I've talked with a lot of Iraqis in the last several months myself, had them to the White House. The president and I have met with them, various groups and individuals, people who have devoted their lives from the outside to trying to change things inside Iraq.

like Kanan Makiya who's a professor at Brandeis, but an Iraqi, he's written great books about the subject, knows the country intimately, and is a part of the democratic opposition and resistance.

The read we get on the people of Iraq is there is no question but what they want to the get rid of Saddam Hussein and they will welcome as liberators the United States when we come to do that.

It made "sense" back then.

The neo-con warmongers ate it up.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

SIR LANCELOT wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever seen a liberal who does?
Cheney?

A "liberal"?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Americans are aware that they are being set up for a new DISTRACTION. Except this one leads to WW3.
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

You want to see 'cool' to intervention ? If obama the foreign relations expert sends planes over doing a red line show or no-fly zone, and Russiam manned/equipped anti-aircraft takes a few hundred billion dollars worth of US planes down, then you will see 'cool' to intervention. Syria is not cave dwellers with a few shoulder fired AA missiles. Syria is like vietnam was. Foreign troops and advisors (russian) have been active there for decades, their equipment and troops (russian not camel jockeys) is better than the emasculated condition the US military is in after almost 5 yrs of a commie admin stripping the military to give money to their welfare-state. Then you will see 'cool' go down to 'froze' real fast.
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

wrong, I think most tea partiers are more than in agreement in letting warring muzzie factions kill each other off all they want.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
You're addressing Wall Street Government, who is as queer as a bedbug. Queers never make sense; they don't know an ass from a hole in the wall.

He doesn't understand that the only people in Iraq not greeting the US troops as liberators were those radical Islamists running the training camps for terrorism... the ones Leftists like the above queer supported and comforted in order to kill more US troops so that Wall Street Government could then claim the effort a failure. These commies are really sick and always have been. They should be outlawed, hunted and eradicated from society.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong, I think most tea partiers are more than in agreement in letting warring muzzie factions kill each other off all they want.
You would be one of the few who think that but at least it's start.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

The Christians were gassed and their churches were burned you moronic coward.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Obama doesn't have the nerve.
And Moochelle has a lot of gas.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>The Christians were gassed and their churches were burned you moronic coward.
So send in the "Christian" teabaggers.

Why are you still here?

NOT our problem.

Happy trails.

Poor teabagger
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

I guess this administration thinks that Iraq, Afghanistan, Lybia, and Egypt have all been American success stories so now they want to go into Syria.
When are we going to learn that as long as Arabs read and believe the koran there will never be peace in the middle east. There can never be democracy as we know it and want it.
But, by all means jump right into the Syrian civil war and maybe Iran will get froggy and jump up and come to the aid of the Syrians with it's army, navy, and air force and we will have a great excuse to level all of Iran and half of North Africa. Damn I love it when a plan comes together.
OH ! and please start the draft up again in America, there's a need to get all those little momma's boys into some thing manly.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Eighthman wrote:
Obama doesn't have the nerve.
And Moochelle has a lot of gas.
Let's all hope he doesn't follow Bush's example.

Bush had balls, no brains.

Typical teabagger.
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Sorry for the typo "Libya", damn!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
So send in the "Christian" teabaggers.
Why are you still here?
NOT our problem.
Happy trails.
Poor teabagger
You are mentally ill . A true hater.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

O'dumbdumb has a yellow streak the size of Moochelle's butt running down his back.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Eighthman wrote:
O'dumbdumb has a yellow streak the size of Moochelle's butt running down his back.
You have a dumbass, ignorant, stupid streak running throughout your useless body.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••