Syria accepts Russian chemical arms p...

Syria accepts Russian chemical arms proposal

There are 11 comments on the USA Today story from Sep 10, 2013, titled Syria accepts Russian chemical arms proposal. In it, USA Today reports that:

The Syrian government has accepted a Russian proposal to turn over its chemical weapons to international control to avoid a military confrontation with the United States, Syria's foreign minister said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

UKDave

Portsmouth, UK

#3 Sep 10, 2013
But Assad has always denied that he has chemical weapons. If the UN go in, what is Assed expecting them to find?
Old Jew

San Francisco, CA

#4 Sep 10, 2013
This is never about gas, it is about the survival of Israel. The Russians and Chinese are arming Syria like there is no tomorrow. Soon they will be too strong for UIsrael to deal with. No wonder the Jewish lobbies in D.C. are so mad about this about face.
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#5 Sep 10, 2013
Old Jew wrote:
This is never about gas, it is about the survival of Israel. The Russians and Chinese are arming Syria like there is no tomorrow. Soon they will be too strong for UIsrael to deal with. No wonder the Jewish lobbies in D.C. are so mad about this about face.
Really? cause this war has been going on for over 2 years and it wasnt until chemical weapons were heavily deployed (not the first time in syria) on a greater scale when the international community decided to get involved. The only people who thinks this is about israel seems to be.....israel...

Yes, China the Russia sent weapons, they have also halted any new weapons shipments. Dont forget that Qtar, Saudi, and yourself israel are all arming the oppisition amoung others as well. Your just sour that China and Russia have better toys to hand out.

Your last two lines sums up your war mongering. Why doesnt Israel go in and do something if they are such a threat? Cant do it on your own? Seems to me that they are already too strong for israel and you just havent came to terms with it yet.
Oliver Cromwell

Southport, UK

#6 Sep 10, 2013
I feel a Rambuilette moment coming on,those Vichy French bastards with US and British support are going to put a resolution to the Security council later today that if Assad doesn't turn over chemical weapons further action will take place,well we all know what that means,the wording I believe will want Assad to say he carried out that gas attack,the Russians and Chinese must veto it otherwise those War pigs in the west will say Assad has violated any plan with the UN to give up the chemical weapons then they could bomb,there is always a threat from those SOBs.
Cat74

Elgin, IL

#7 Sep 10, 2013
Assad will say his Army confiscated the Chemical weapons from the Rebels, he will be a hero, Obama not so much
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#8 Sep 10, 2013
It's a win-win-win for Obama and Putin and Assad! No war, WMDs removed, Assad remains in power.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#9 Sep 10, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Assad will say his Army confiscated the Chemical weapons from the Rebels, he will be a hero, Obama not so much
ummm...yeah. we already know he has chemical weapons productions sites. the coordinates were already programmed into the tomahawk missiles...
Cat74

Elgin, IL

#10 Sep 10, 2013
Haven't you heard? The unbelievably small war is over, and Putin won.
Mic

Germany

#11 Sep 10, 2013
President Putin should get Nobel Peace Prize, he deserves for it really.
news junky

United States

#12 Sep 11, 2013
UKDave wrote:
But Assad has always denied that he has chemical weapons. If the UN go in, what is Assed expecting them to find?
Israeli nukes?
Vichyssoise

United States

#13 Sep 11, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
I feel a Rambouillet moment coming on,those Vichy French bastards with US and British support are going to put a resolution to the Security council later today that if Assad doesn't turn over chemical weapons further action will take place,well we all know what that means,the wording I believe will want Assad to say he carried out that gas attack,the Russians and Chinese must veto it otherwise those War pigs in the west will say Assad has violated any plan with the UN to give up the chemical weapons then they could bomb,there is always a threat from those SOBs.
Admit that you gassed civilians.

Accept that we will bomb if you don't comply.

Make an excuse that you didn't comply, at the very end.

There, you admitted you did it and you have no deterrent left.

Bombs away.
Very crafty indeed.

Very stupid indeed.

Ain't gonna happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump blasts John McCain over 'crazies' ... 13 hr Joe Balls 681
News Voters To G.O.P.: We're Just Not That Into Immi... Jul 31 STFU 1
News Trump's campaign stop in Arizona draws support ... Jul 29 SirPrize 44
News Trump heads to border amid 3rd party threat Jul 29 Serial Abandonment 156
News Army chief urges caution amid calls to arm more... Jul 28 Cat74 27
News Inside Jon Stewart's Secret Visits With Preside... Jul 28 orchestratedagenda 1
News 10 reasons African-Americans "love" Donald Trump Jul 27 bluestreak returns 11
More from around the web