President Faces Bipartisan Opposition

Aug 31, 2013 Full story: Wall Street Journal 42

President Barack Obama is pursuing a risky course in putting his Syria policy in the hands of Congress, where skepticism and anxiety in both parties about his drive toward military action have been high.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Sep 1, 2013
Obamachicken should never had drawn that Red Line with his little Crayola crayon that Moochelle gave him to play with.
Mike

Zephyrhills, FL

#2 Sep 1, 2013
a guy who went around saying he doesn't need congress for anything because he just signs Executive Orders, now, like the slimey incompetent weasel that he truly is ....he throws the mess HE MADE (line in the sand tough guy) in the lap of Congress.

The next vote the Congress should have is to IMPEACH this INCOMPETENT BUFOON before he really screws this Nation beyond repair

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#3 Sep 1, 2013
the coalition supporting him will include, McCain, Graham, Pelosi and Reid...

the very worst congress can offer.
Cordwainer Trout

Sonora, KY

#4 Sep 1, 2013
He's just genuflecting about aiding al Qaeda in Syria to take everyone's attention off the facts that he somehow got approval for his transparent policy of hiding his visitor logs to the White House for the next twelve years, altering marijuana policy to accommodate more buzzed, deluded people wandering around with altered perception of reality and validating putting stoned queers in kindergarten classes to teach our children about sex.

I'm actually conflicted. The people putting him in office are responsible for having this jerk target their children for increased depravity. They're cowards, thieves, killers of babies, liars and basically, weak and worthless. They actually deserve being nuked and overrun by Russians (if choice is involved), because we've already had enough of the Communist mentality.
ICE

Rushville, IN

#5 Sep 1, 2013
Who would of thought any different, he try's to act bad in public but behind the scenes he's nothing but a scared mixed up pansy, the media try's to make him look like a great leader but that is getting harder to do, to many screw ups. Senile McCain and limp wristed Lindsay will back him probably.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#6 Sep 1, 2013
Mike wrote:
a guy who went around saying he doesn't need congress for anything because he just signs Executive Orders, now, like the slimey incompetent weasel that he truly is ....he throws the mess HE MADE (line in the sand tough guy) in the lap of Congress.
The next vote the Congress should have is to IMPEACH this INCOMPETENT BUFOON before he really screws this Nation beyond repair
Change of heart after taking walk...

Krauthammer:'Amateur Hour'...the empty suit continues to embarrass america.
Kelly

Rochester, NY

#7 Sep 1, 2013
I worry that if he gets Congressional support, we strike and the middle east is in total chaos. Do we really need to go after Syria unilaterally? Are they really posing an imminent danger to the US? Sometimes saving face and acting is worse than backing down. Shot over the bow will not solve the problem. Short military force may start sucking us into another long conflict. I hope our Congressman and women say no emphatically to a unilateral strike.......

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#8 Sep 1, 2013
Kelly wrote:
I worry that if he gets Congressional support, we strike and the middle east is in total chaos. Do we really need to go after Syria unilaterally? Are they really posing an imminent danger to the US? Sometimes saving face and acting is worse than backing down. Shot over the bow will not solve the problem. Short military force may start sucking us into another long conflict. I hope our Congressman and women say no emphatically to a unilateral strike.......
The answer is no, but congress should if they vote yes despite the sequester also allow the children of America to visit the White house and instead stop all the golf outings.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#9 Sep 1, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...cut, cut, cut and then cry, cry, cry....teabagger can't handle it.

hahahahahahahahahaha

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#10 Sep 1, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
Obamachicken should never had drawn that Red Line with his little Crayola crayon that Moochelle gave him to play with.
Kerry: Samples from Syria tested positive for Sarin...Yes, of course, it was a video tape of the testing of the clothes that proves it..........where have we seen this before.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#12 Sep 1, 2013
He's only seeking Congessional approval because he's afraid of making decision on his own. This way, he gets to blame Congress.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#13 Sep 1, 2013
see the light wrote:
This way, he gets to blame Congress.
Brilliant, isn't it?

hahahahahahahahaha
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#14 Sep 1, 2013
Before he gets Congressional approval to go to war he must present his case to the whole 475 member Congress. There will be approval in both parties, but there will be no votes for a bipartisan group as well. He could actually lose permission to go to war, and look even weaker then he does now

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#15 Sep 1, 2013
see the light wrote:
He's only seeking Congessional approval because he's afraid of making decision on his own. This way, he gets to blame Congress.
People like you bitch for the sake of bitching - you idiots WANTED Obama to seek congressional approval - now he does EXACTLY WHAT YOU TURDS ASK, AND FIND MORE WAYS TO SIMPLY BITCH?

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you people?

I'm hoping Obama comes out in support of Oxygen, so you returdicans can start holding your breath!!!
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

#16 Sep 1, 2013
obama will go ahead anyway-he has no election to worry about.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#17 Sep 1, 2013
radiofreeamerica wrote:
obama will go ahead anyway-he has no election to worry about.
Doubtful.

Only 3 possible outcomes from participating in Syria - Bad, Worse, Horrible. Nothing good will come out of a limited strike - military history proves this to be true.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#18 Sep 1, 2013
Congress will never give approval for a limited strike. Either we go in to win, or we don't go. Obama's blathering has done nothing but confuse our leadership, and our allies. He can't even get Lithuania to take his calls.
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

#19 Sep 1, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful.
Only 3 possible outcomes from participating in Syria - Bad, Worse, Horrible. Nothing good will come out of a limited strike - military history proves this to be true.
I agree with your thinking.I now think obamas got cold feet after hearing that the U.K.Parliament has refused British involvement.Hes hoping Congress will get him out of this.He can save face this way.

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#20 Sep 1, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you bitch for the sake of bitching - you idiots WANTED Obama to seek congressional approval - now he does EXACTLY WHAT YOU TURDS ASK, AND FIND MORE WAYS TO SIMPLY BITCH?
Seriously, WTF is wrong with you people?
I'm hoping Obama comes out in support of Oxygen, so you returdicans can start holding your breath!!!
Top democrats threatend him with impeachment if he went in without approval, dingleberry. Read the article and understand what bi-partisan means, moron.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#21 Sep 1, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you bitch for the sake of bitching - you idiots WANTED Obama to seek congressional approval - now he does EXACTLY WHAT YOU TURDS ASK, AND FIND MORE WAYS TO SIMPLY BITCH?
Seriously, WTF is wrong with you people?
I'm hoping Obama comes out in support of Oxygen, so you returdicans can start holding your breath!!!
The only reason he wants Congress involved, is so he can put the blame on them. He's to much of a coward to take reponsibility and say he was wrong, no gotta blame Bush or if not him, some Republicans. You idiots think we don't know what your up to? You stupid people always get caught.I hope Congress calls your bluff,and says yes. Then your'e up a creek!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISIS turns to glossy magazine for propaganda 1 hr Da-ish 1
Neo-Nazi Ukraine Protesters' Fight Ain't Ours; ... (Feb '14) Mon Balsa Jovovic 188
The country's sinking climate debate Mon Sneaky Pete 3
U.S. foreign policy train wreck Sep 14 Stars and Stripes 10
A year later: Immigrants fear reform will never... Sep 11 Taxpayer for years 200
It Only Took John McCain and Jay Carney a Few S... Sep 11 Zak Addy 1
Bachmann Calls Bush's Bailout Decision an Act o... (Nov '11) Sep 11 Swedenforever 13
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

John McCain People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••