U.S. Senate poised to pass gay rights bill barring workplace discrimination

Nov 7, 2013 Full story: CTV 49

The Senate is headed for a historic vote on legislation outlawing workplace discrimination against gay, bisexual and transgender Americans, demonstrating the nation's quickly evolving attitude toward gay rights nearly two decades after Congress rejected same-sex marriage.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#45 Nov 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
What you seem to be describing are mostly the Libertarian RINOs that have thoroughly hijacked the GOP.
Hardly, the GOP has been babbling this "small government, cut taxes for the rich, close this department, and this one, and THIS one" for many many years. It's NOT "RINOs", it's what the GOP stands for and believes in. If you see that it's wrong and destructive (and how can anyone with a brain NOT see that) you might have to face that the Republican Party left you behind. There's a reason centrists are all Democrats now.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#46 Nov 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
What you seem to be describing are mostly the Libertarian RINOs that have thoroughly hijacked the GOP.
I'm a Libertarian Party member, and I WISH there were Libertarians in the GOP.

I sure don't see any. And Rand Paul is certainly not a Libertarian in my book.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#47 Nov 11, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be thinking of the last Administration. You know, George W. Bush, who makes Obama look like the son of God.
Did you see Mother Jones' expose of that former President stumping for the looniest of unsavory apocalyptic theist groups? He will make it difficult for any Bush to ever reenter politics.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/11/g...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48 Nov 11, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly, the GOP has been babbling this "small government, cut taxes for the rich, close this department, and this one, and THIS one" for many many years. It's NOT "RINOs", it's what the GOP stands for and believes in. If you see that it's wrong and destructive (and how can anyone with a brain NOT see that) you might have to face that the Republican Party left you behind. There's a reason centrists are all Democrats now.
It's not my problem anymore. I'm in Ireland.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#49 Nov 11, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see Mother Jones' expose of that former President stumping for the looniest of unsavory apocalyptic theist groups? He will make it difficult for any Bush to ever reenter politics.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/11/g...
The worst of the Dark Ages.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#50 Nov 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst of the Dark Ages.
We are doomed.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a bible," 'It Can't Happen Here' Sinclair Lewis, 1935.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#51 Nov 11, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>We are doomed.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a bible," 'It Can't Happen Here' Sinclair Lewis, 1935.
Ya mean The Obamaniac !:)

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#52 Nov 11, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya mean The Obamaniac !:)
Shouldn't you be busy, NOT watching TV right now?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#53 Nov 12, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>We are doomed.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a bible," 'It Can't Happen Here' Sinclair Lewis, 1935.
Good quote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McCain calls ouster of Egyptian president a 'coup' (Aug '13) 17 hr swedenforever 51
Rumsfeld Resigns as Defense Secretary Democrats... (Nov '06) 17 hr swedenforever 7
McCain appears ready for 2016 reelection bid Mon Taxpayer for years 2
Health Officials See Breach in Ebola Protocol a... Oct 18 barefoot2626 84
Graham praises Obama administration; trip to Eg... (Aug '13) Oct 15 Swedenforever 11
Bachmann Calls Bush's Bailout Decision an Act o... (Nov '11) Oct 14 Swedenforever 15
Who's to blame for the flood of kids at the bor... Oct 12 joey 120

John McCain People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE