VA chief: 18 vets left off waiting li...

VA chief: 18 vets left off waiting list have died

There are 14 comments on the KBCI CBS 2 story from Jun 5, 2014, titled VA chief: 18 vets left off waiting list have died. In it, KBCI CBS 2 reports that:

An additional 18 veterans in the Phoenix area whose names were kept off an official electronic Veterans Affairs appointment list have died, the agency's acting secretary said Thursday - the latest revelation in a growing scandal over long patient waits for care and falsified records covering up the delays at VA hospitals and clinics nationwide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KBCI CBS 2.

See the Light

El Paso, TX

#1 Jun 5, 2014
DEMOCRATS should be shot for this!
Viet Nam Veteran

Chillicothe, OH

#2 Jun 5, 2014
Isn't there a crime here someplace yet? Where's the FBI?
Bob Ballmor

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Jun 5, 2014
Viet Nam Veteran wrote:
Isn't there a crime here someplace yet? Where's the FBI?
body female investigator? ;-00
Deo Divince

Sacramento, CA

#4 Jun 6, 2014
These are the democRATS that gullible and greedy people elected.
Barack "just-call-me-Hussein " Obama is behind every national and most international atrocity.
democRAT politicians, males and females alike, are waiting in line to sniff his crusty shorts.

The ones who elected him have no reason to be concerned, regardless what happens. They approve of EVERTYHING that Hussein does,
as long as they receive hefty welfare benefits and a new SmartPhone every year, at tax payers' expense.
These groups are:
- the ghetto crowd
- illegal Mexicans
- illegal muslims

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Jun 6, 2014
Moral of the story?
THis is the face of Obamacare to come.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Jun 6, 2014
Deo Divince wrote:
These are the democRATS that gullible and greedy people elected.
Barack "just-call-me-Hussein " Obama is behind every national and most international atrocity.
democRAT politicians, males and females alike, are waiting in line to sniff his crusty shorts.
The ones who elected him have no reason to be concerned, regardless what happens. They approve of EVERTYHING that Hussein does,
as long as they receive hefty welfare benefits and a new SmartPhone every year, at tax payers' expense.
These groups are:
- the ghetto crowd
- illegal Mexicans
- illegal muslims
yep, now that the non taxpayers outnumber and outvote the taxpayer, bad things are gonna happen....fast.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jun 6, 2014
As long as bergdahl gets home ok this is fine, it's just benefit sucking old vets. One bright spot, if bergdahl isn't dishonorably discharged he will be stuck in the same VA healthcare whirlpool the rest of us are. Since he was never declared a POW (wonder why?????) he should not get a POW pension and VA healthcare for life, but I bet he does.
CZars_R_US

Orlando, FL

#9 Jun 6, 2014
I had a choice between VA and Tricare upon retirement.
VA said there was a one year wait time to get on a color team.
I'm sure glad I elected to continue with the Tricare Prime.
Couse then I had to pay a premium.
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#10 Jun 6, 2014
Will ,we as the American people, every know the truth behind these figures of dead soldiers waiting?
How do you prove years of neglect? The death certificate does not list neglect as a cause of death. That is why the VA is getting away with this. The VA does their own autopsies. A body is rarely released to the coroner. I worked in the VA system and seen have seen this happen. Whenever a 'suspicious' death happens, the file is released to upper management and never seen again. The VA covers their own tracks many times and the public very rarely hears about this. Once a 'suspicious' death is investigated by the govt, the family is usually paid off, so it never hits the news media.(Rarely is the family paid off but it does happen)
I had a friend who died in the VA system and I was listed as the next of kin or the person to contact, because the veteran did not want his family involved. I was never contacted and the body was released to the wrong relative. When I complained to the Hospital Director about this, I was told 'in writing' that the body was released to the next of kin and there was no reason to investigate further.
When a coroners form is filled out (which I have done) and released to the coroner, management takes over and the case is never brought to the public's attention.
Outside deaths are taken over the phone from anyone who calls in, a disgruntled wife, a friend, or anyone who wants to do the veteran harm. One sheet of paper is filled out about who called and when, the file is closed (computer closes out the records), and only if the veteran is ALIVE, does the file get pulled, only to read that someone called this in. The veterans pension is stopped, any payments to the veteran and any medical care. The veteran then has to fight to get the money that is due him and that will take month or years. Nothing has been done to this day about correcting this problem.
That is the VA system!!! The govt wins and cover all their tracks so there is nothing to investigate!!!
Don't let this happen to you!!!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12 Jun 6, 2014
It's time for charges and HARSH punishments.
I think we should start with a Radical Muslim First......Obama..
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#14 Jun 7, 2014
CZars_R_US wrote:
At least your'e alive.
Viet Nam Veteran

Chillicothe, OH

#16 Jun 11, 2014
CZars_R_US wrote:
You are lucky that you had a choice. Too many veterans don't have a choice and must endure waiting for the VA.
Viet Nam Veteran

Chillicothe, OH

#17 Jun 11, 2014
The Mad Man wrote:
Will ,we as the American people, every know the truth behind these figures of dead soldiers waiting?
How do you prove years of neglect? The death certificate does not list neglect as a cause of death. That is why the VA is getting away with this. The VA does their own autopsies. A body is rarely released to the coroner. I worked in the VA system and seen have seen this happen. Whenever a 'suspicious' death happens, the file is released to upper management and never seen again. The VA covers their own tracks many times and the public very rarely hears about this. Once a 'suspicious' death is investigated by the govt, the family is usually paid off, so it never hits the news media.(Rarely is the family paid off but it does happen)
I had a friend who died in the VA system and I was listed as the next of kin or the person to contact, because the veteran did not want his family involved. I was never contacted and the body was released to the wrong relative. When I complained to the Hospital Director about this, I was told 'in writing' that the body was released to the next of kin and there was no reason to investigate further.
When a coroners form is filled out (which I have done) and released to the coroner, management takes over and the case is never brought to the public's attention.
Outside deaths are taken over the phone from anyone who calls in, a disgruntled wife, a friend, or anyone who wants to do the veteran harm. One sheet of paper is filled out about who called and when, the file is closed (computer closes out the records), and only if the veteran is ALIVE, does the file get pulled, only to read that someone called this in. The veterans pension is stopped, any payments to the veteran and any medical care. The veteran then has to fight to get the money that is due him and that will take month or years. Nothing has been done to this day about correcting this problem.
That is the VA system!!! The govt wins and cover all their tracks so there is nothing to investigate!!!
Don't let this happen to you!!!
The VA is not obligated to report any death that occurred within a VA Medical Center to the local authorities such as the coroner. Most do BUT few veterans recieve a proper autopsy because their deaths are not considered to meet the criteria of "sudden" deaths since they were under the care of a VA Physician at the time of their death. The qualtity of that care will always be a question. A death certificate for someone who died at the VA can list any reason for the cause of death without ever being challenged.
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#18 Jun 11, 2014
Viet Nam Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>The VA is not obligated to report any death that occurred within a VA Medical Center to the local authorities such as the coroner. Most do BUT few veterans recieve a proper autopsy because their deaths are not considered to meet the criteria of "sudden" deaths since they were under the care of a VA Physician at the time of their death. The qualtity of that care will always be a question. A death certificate for someone who died at the VA can list any reason for the cause of death without ever being challenged.
Point well taken. But there are questionable deaths. I worked with death certificates. I was told what to put on them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News With her father hospitalized, Meghan McCain twe... 11 hr Tumor 4
News With John McCain in hospital, Arizona lawmakers... Apr 19 freespeechmcgee 4
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) Apr 12 RiccardoFire 16,799
News Former Us VP Joe Biden: America in battle for a... Apr 11 General Kabaka Oba 24
News A medical worker giving a toddler oxygen near D... Apr 10 Just Saying 9
News When Russian hackers targeted the U.S. election... Apr 10 bottlecap 1
News From jokester to 'maverick,' John McCain is a s... Apr 5 They cannot kill ... 8