Millions of immigrants waiting for green cards

Jun 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Salinas Californian

The Mexican citizen has patiently waited for years for a green card to allow him to come to the United States legally, even as millions of compatriots crossed the border illegally.

Comments
21 - 40 of 96 Comments Last updated Sep 1, 2013
Mayela

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Another baby boy, Peregrine White, was born to Susanna White after Mayflower arrived in New England. It must have been very challenging to give birth on a moving ship, with so many people and so much seasickness around.
http://www.plimoth.org/learn/just-kids/homewo...

YUP!!! Peregrine White, last name says it all. First ANCHOR BABY!!!

no wonder
it is not surprising
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/no+wonder
Mayela

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Native American Poverty, by Tom Rodgers
- A Challenge Too Often Ignored

No discussion of poverty, and of the need to renew opportunity in America, can be complete without a frank consideration of the situation faced by Native Americans. With a worsening economy, the inevitable churn of holiday stories about the least fortunate, and a new Administration, now is the right time for meaningful action to address poverty in Native American communities.
- See more at: http://www.spotlightonpoverty.org/ExclusiveCo...

In return for giving up their land to the whites, the Santee were guaranteed annuity payments, pledged to them by treaty. These payments were to be made up of food, goods and cash. Yet, the payment for 1862 had not come. And it had been a bad year. The People were starving in their own Land while the warehouses of thieving traders bulged with goods and food received yet not distributed to the People. Finally one of the ranking chiefs, Little Crow of the Mdewkantons, confronted those assigned to look over his peoples welfare:
We have waited a long time. The money is ours, but we cannot get it. We have no food, but here are these stores filled with food. We ask that you, the agent, make some arrangement by which we can get food from the stores, or else we may take our own way to keep ourselves from starving. When men are hungry they help themselves.

And the ranking agent, Andrew Myrick, replied:

"So far as I am concerned, if they are hungry, let them eat grass or their own dung."
http://www.dickshovel.com/snel.html

Native American Man Tells Anti-Illegal Immigration Protesters Who 'The Real Illegal Immigrants Are'

“You’re all illegal,”“We didn’t invite none of you here. We’re the only Native Americans here.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/06/nati...

Native American wannabe:/goes on rampage explaining why she/he is right and actual Native is wrong.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Eduard Lopez

Pembroke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

6

mexican pride wrote:
<quoted text> No no, youre not being racist! Youre being an idiot with those stupid comments.
I completely agree with you Mexican Pride, some people have no brain when they express themselves. So sad..:(
Eduard Lopez

Pembroke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

10

9

8

Faith wrote:
Mexicans have no right to come here. America is for Americans. Mexico is for Mexicans.
You need to get some facts before talking, do you really know anything about native americans. They are 100 % americans, everybody else are or have immigrant history in their family.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Eduard Lopez wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get some facts before talking, do you really know anything about native americans. They are 100 % americans, everybody else are or have immigrant history in their family.
being central american or south american doesn't make you a citizen of the usa, cupcake. and neither does being mexican.

when we say "american", we mean citizen of the usa. PERIOD.
WOWZA

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Eduard Lopez wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get some facts before talking, do you really know anything about native americans. They are 100 % americans, everybody else are or have immigrant history in their family.
You seem to be lacking in some facts also. Native Americans, or American Indians, whichever one uses, did not sprout out of the ground nor did we evolve from primates in the Americas, since there were no primates prior to the arrival of humans.

Our ancestors immigrated here from Asia via the Bering Strait between 20,000-10,000 years ago, and became the different groups of "native American Indians" or whatever a PC wannabe wants to call them.

Most Native Americans refer to themselves by their tribal name, not some white man's name like "Indian" or "Native American", which you might have known if you were actually one of us.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

3

Millions of Victims and their Families that we never hear from or see on the nightly news:
About 3,720,000 results (0.27 seconds)
Search Results
Illegal aliens linked to gang-rape wave - WND
www.wnd.com/2006/08/37374/&#8206 ;
Aug 22, 2006 – Member of gang Mara Salvatrucha ( NPR.org ) A wave of illegal-immigrant gang rapes is sweeping the U.S. while public officials and ...
Another Mexican Illegal Rapes!(pro illegals, Mexicans, crime ...
www.city-data.com ›...› Illegal Immigration&#8206;
Feb 17, 2008 – And here we have another example of the wonderful poor mexican illegal who ONLY slithered across our border to work and THEN RAPE!
Illegals kill 2,150 each year.... Illegals rape 130,909 each year ...
Recently Deported Illegal Alien Rapes and Murders 1-month-old ...
Police: Illegal Immigrants Raped 14-Year-Old Texas Girl at July ...
Illegals Gang-Rape College Student - allegedly!(illegal ...
Dec 22, 2012
Jan 9, 2012
Jul 16, 2010
Dec 10, 2009
Obama's Dangerous Illegal Alien Exodus: Past Released Detainees ...
standwitharizona.com/.../obamas-dangerous-ill... ;
Feb 27, 2013 –... Illegal Alien Exodus: Past Released Detainees Murdered 19; Raped 142 ... When illegal aliens are arbitrarily released into communities,...
Illegal aliens are raping their way through North Carolina's children ...
www.examiner.com/.../illegal-aliens-are-rapin... ;
Mar 13, 2013 – In recent years, the illegal alien population in North Carolina has exploded thanks to 'sanctuary policies' in several cities and counties ...
Brenda besson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Nijoni wrote:
Millions of Victims and their Families that we never hear from or see on the nightly news:
About 3,720,000 results (0.27 seconds)
Search Results
Illegal aliens linked to gang-rape wave - WND
www.wnd.com/2006/08/37374/&#8206 ;
Aug 22, 2006 – Member of gang Mara Salvatrucha ( NPR.org ) A wave of illegal-immigrant gang rapes is sweeping the U.S. while public officials and ...
Another Mexican Illegal Rapes!(pro illegals, Mexicans, crime ...
www.city-data.com ›...› Illegal Immigration&#8206;
Feb 17, 2008 – And here we have another example of the wonderful poor mexican illegal who ONLY slithered across our border to work and THEN RAPE!
Illegals kill 2,150 each year.... Illegals rape 130,909 each year ...
Recently Deported Illegal Alien Rapes and Murders 1-month-old ...
Police: Illegal Immigrants Raped 14-Year-Old Texas Girl at July ...
Illegals Gang-Rape College Student - allegedly!(illegal ...
Dec 22, 2012
Jan 9, 2012
Jul 16, 2010
Dec 10, 2009
Obama's Dangerous Illegal Alien Exodus: Past Released Detainees ...
standwitharizona.com/.../obamas-dangerous-ill... ;
Feb 27, 2013 –... Illegal Alien Exodus: Past Released Detainees Murdered 19; Raped 142 ... When illegal aliens are arbitrarily released into communities,...
Illegal aliens are raping their way through North Carolina's children ...
www.examiner.com/.../illegal-aliens-are-rapin... ;
Mar 13, 2013 – In recent years, the illegal alien population in North Carolina has exploded thanks to 'sanctuary policies' in several cities and counties ...
yeah they wont tell u but we know thats why the fight is on !!!!!!
mexican pride

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
being central american or south american doesn't make you a citizen of the usa, cupcake. and neither does being mexican.
when we say "american", we mean citizen of the usa. PERIOD.
Hey chinito, can I get an order of sweet n sour pork 2 go!
jelly beans

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jun 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

mexican pride wrote:
<quoted text>Hey chinito, can I get an order of sweet n sour pork 2 go!
Yeah sure, would you like that to stay? Or to go? Oh wait sorry you can't stay. You have to go BACK to Mexico and come here legally.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eduard Lopez wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get some facts before talking, do you really know anything about native americans. They are 100 % americans, everybody else are or have immigrant history in their family.
Another "immigrant" who doesn't have a clue what "CitiZen" even means. You are 100% Idiot.

“hi ya”

Since: Feb 12

Manchester

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

No.
Obama has already given them.
It cannot be?

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nanuq wrote:
<quoted text>

America is for those who crave for liberty and pursuit of happiness ! America it's not for nazi freaks like yourself!
The inscription at the base of the Statute of Liberty concludes, "I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" It says nothing about welcoming people who bypass our entry doors by climbing walls, swimming rivers and sneaking under border fences.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mayela wrote:
Native American Poverty, by Tom Rodgers
- A Challenge Too Often Ignored
No discussion of poverty, and of the need to renew opportunity in America, can be complete without a frank consideration of the situation faced by Native Americans. With a worsening economy, the inevitable churn of holiday stories about the least fortunate, and a new Administration, now is the right time for meaningful action to address poverty in Native American communities.
Mexico & The Scalp Industry

Between 1835 and the 1880s, the Mexican authorities paid private armies to
hunt Native Americans, paying per kill and using scalps as receipts. The
practice began when the Mexican government could no longer provide adequate
protection to its citizens from the marauding Apaches and Comanches.

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~hyper/hns/scalpin...

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Old Coastie wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Faith? What do you have faith in? Not The Lord.
I'm not against immigration. But if someone can't obey our laws. Go home and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Over the last five years all of my neighbors have moved out and Mexicans have moved in. To be sure, I'm lucky to have such good neighbors. Only one has come up to me and asked me why my T-shirt says, okay you snuck in, now learn English. I asked, can you speak English? He said yes, and I said well then I'm not talking about You am I. It seems like they won't asimulate. Too lazy to try to learn our culture, Language.
My grandfather moved to United States from Hungary. He worked as a waiter and put himself through school. That's were he met my grandmother.
After he graduated from school, he paid a tutor to teach him English without a Accent.
He wound up being a vice president of a large corporation.
He told me, that if you going to Ever get ahead, it's education and assimilation.
In the old days it used to be that immigrants become and they would harp at their kids, learn English, Don't you ever want to be anything?
Today I met a woman, whose children play with my children. She is been in this country 14 years and can't speak one complete sentence of English. The public schools have to teach the children that come into the school English before they can teach them anything else. And that is pure lazy. Lazy. Lazy.
To go down to verify that their kids can spend the night here or that my daughters can spend the night there, The first grader that goes to school with my daughter has to interpret. That is stupid. You don't have to push one for English in Mexico.
Illegal Alien With 10 US Born Kids, Leaving Arizona Due To SB 1070

&fe ature=related

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TommytomTommytom wrote:
Is there any American ,who can trace their roots without finding an imergran..
That would be "LEGAL" Immigrant!

Now ask that question to the Hispanic Americans.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If you are a citizen you have two options. One build up your defenses and survivability of what you can afford. Or second, spend your money until you have very little. For your government has sold you out. The progressive mantra and Hillary believes this also is, "Each according to need". And every year millions of people are aded to this. In a couple of decades we will not recognize America anymore as we will be just walking, talking, breathing numbers and part of the massive proletariat serving our masters. We are being downsized into a "just in time" survivability where each check we receive gets us to the next and very little more. They also believe the federal reserve printing trillions of fiat currency debt money is wealth with the added illusion of keeping interest rates massively artificially low.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

" Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida argued this morning on "This Week" that a key provision of the bill, the so-called "pathway to citizenship" for undocumented immigrants, would not give anything away".

Sure it does Senator, it gives or sells our American citizenship to 11 million illegal aliens that broke our Immigration Laws to get here!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It's sad when some politicians and segments of our population want to degrade our American Citizenship to the point where it has no value or meaning.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this."

-- Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy on the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DEMOCRATS ARE LIARS!

"The agreement we just reached is the best possible chance we will have in
years to secure our borders, bring millions of people out of the shadows and
into the sunshine of America"
May 17, 2007

Ted Kennedy -- Senator from Massachusetts
Member of the Democratic Party
sucks

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

ridiculous.
Justin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jun 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The idea that one has to immigrate to the United States to seek opportunity is a retro 19th century concept. This is the 21st century, people should focus on reforming their own governments so they can enjoy liberty and economic opportunity in the same town they were born in, regardless of what part of world they currently live in.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A year later: Immigrants fear reform will never... 8 hr the Light 67
The country's sinking climate debate Tue SpaceBlues 2
Republicans urge airstrikes in Syria Tue Deo Vindice 3
Report: White House didn't OK immigrant releases Aug 25 the Light 32
Enemy of My Enemy: Are airstrikes against ISIS ... Aug 24 Captain Yesterday 47
McCain: Prolonged execution was 'torture' Aug 20 Don Joe 58
Graham praises Obama administration; trip to Eg... (Aug '13) Aug 19 swedenforever 10
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

John McCain People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••