A year later: Immigrants fear reform ...

A year later: Immigrants fear reform will never pass

There are 200 comments on the Times Herald story from Jun 22, 2014, titled A year later: Immigrants fear reform will never pass. In it, Times Herald reports that:

Antonio Velasquez, who fled civil war in Guatemala as a teen in 1990, has given up hope that Congress will pass legislation that allows him and his wife to gain legal status in the U.S. a??If Congress doesna??t do something, the great responsibility lies with President Obama because he is the one who promised that he was going to achieve ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Herald.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#52 Aug 18, 2014
Juan wrote:
I deserve to be here. My parents brought me here as a child. I should not be penalized.
Your lies keep getting more outrageous over time, I suggest you seek some serious medical help.

Location hidden

#53 Aug 18, 2014
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I deserve to be here as I also came here as a child
Does not matter and I follow the rules
Nobody deserves anything when they come in not respecting our laws and the people of this country. How can one say he/she follows the rules when one is in this country without permission? I am curious as to wha rules you follow. Do you work? How, it is with fake or stolen documents? How do you get to your job, witha fake license or no license at all? How about driver's insuance...do you have that? Exactly what rules do you follow? There is no such thing as a law-abiding illegal.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#54 Aug 18, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody deserves anything when they come in not respecting our laws and the people of this country. How can one say he/she follows the rules when one is in this country without permission? I am curious as to wha rules you follow. Do you work? How, it is with fake or stolen documents? How do you get to your job, witha fake license or no license at all? How about driver's insuance...do you have that? Exactly what rules do you follow? There is no such thing as a law-abiding illegal.
Excuses me?

Do I work?. No I retired in my 30s
I have a drivers license in my name from both Mexico and California.
I keep full coverage insurance on my cars, boats and Motorcycles with Mariners insurance out of San Diego

Correct a criminal invader is not following the rules

You might want to see where I am posting from...

I am an American
I have zero Latin blood in my family
I immigrated to Mexico for a number of reasons including that I did not want my children to be brainwashed in the far left coast schools of California

I was simply making a point that I am a immigrant but I followed the rules
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#55 Aug 18, 2014
the Light wrote:
<quoted text>
when you found out you werent legal, you should have started proper paper work. But you thought you's scam the U.S. right?
You keep saying things like this again and again, but each time it is pointed out to you that there is no way to "start proper paperwork". That is the whole point of the debate. In most cases there is no way to legalize status for people who entered the country without a visa. None.

Why do you keep saying these things if they are incorrect? Do you really not understand the subject or are you willfully dishonest?

Don't forget to apologize to Juan and let him know that you did not understand how any of this works.

Location hidden

#56 Aug 18, 2014
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuses me?
Do I work?. No I retired in my 30s
I have a drivers license in my name from both Mexico and California.
I keep full coverage insurance on my cars, boats and Motorcycles with Mariners insurance out of San Diego
Correct a criminal invader is not following the rules
You might want to see where I am posting from...
I am an American
I have zero Latin blood in my family
I immigrated to Mexico for a number of reasons including that I did not want my children to be brainwashed in the far left coast schools of California
I was simply making a point that I am a immigrant but I followed the rules
So sorry, I misread what you were saying. Again, I apoligize for singling you out.

Location hidden

#57 Aug 18, 2014
s/b: aplogize

“Facts”

Location hidden

#59 Aug 18, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>So sorry, I misread what you were saying. Again, I apoligize for singling you out.
No problem

“Facts”

Location hidden

#60 Aug 18, 2014
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I work every day and have for years. I worked as a helper then staarted my own business. I have two vehicles, one is mine and the other is used by my employees. I have all the documents I need, including insurance. As I said, I deserve to be a citizen.
Your own business selling crack.....

“Facts”

Location hidden

#62 Aug 24, 2014
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>I don't do drugs..........
Just sell them then.......LOL
the Light

El Paso, TX

#63 Aug 25, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying things like this again and again, but each time it is pointed out to you that there is no way to "start proper paperwork". That is the whole point of the debate. In most cases there is no way to legalize status for people who entered the country without a visa. None.
Why do you keep saying these things if they are incorrect? Do you really not understand the subject or are you willfully dishonest?
Don't forget to apologize to Juan and let him know that you did not understand how any of this works.
Why is it impossible to start the paper work? It is only that he doesn't want to spend the money. Juan never answers..........
the Light

El Paso, TX

#64 Aug 25, 2014
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't do drugs..........
You pay no taxes, its all cash? That is illegal. If you wisgh to be from America whyis it so9 hard to follow the rules? The rest of us have to.
Memo From Turner

United States

#65 Aug 25, 2014
the Light wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it impossible to start the paper work? It is only that he doesn't want to spend the money. Juan never answers..........
Why? Because it not exist. Do you understand anything about the immigration debate? Anything at all?

I remember a couple of weeks ago you were demanding to know why the kids at the border had not applied for citizenship. That is hilarious. You are the gift the keeps on giving.
the Light

El Paso, TX

#66 Aug 25, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because it not exist. Do you understand anything about the immigration debate? Anything at all?
I remember a couple of weeks ago you were demanding to know why the kids at the border had not applied for citizenship. That is hilarious. You are the gift the keeps on giving.
He chose to stay, instead of leaving and applying for Citizenship. He neglected to try. After 18 much harder and he's at fault. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm saying, cause I do. You don't. You are just an illegal alien lover.
the Light

El Paso, TX

#67 Aug 25, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 20 or 30% were kids, most were men.
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#68 Aug 27, 2014
the Light wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 20 or 30% were kids, most were men.
That's good news. You have solved the problem all by yourself. Here we thought there were large numbers of kids who were taking advantage of a 2008 law, but not you tell us this is not the case at all and everybody can be easily deported. Good for you.

I hope you are contacting the appropriate agencies and letting them know the information they received previously was incorrect and in the future they should just run it by you first.
the Light

El Paso, TX

#69 Aug 27, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good news. You have solved the problem all by yourself. Here we thought there were large numbers of kids who were taking advantage of a 2008 law, but not you tell us this is not the case at all and everybody can be easily deported. Good for you.
I hope you are contacting the appropriate agencies and letting them know the information they received previously was incorrect and in the future they should just run it by you first.
Yes they should run it by me first. They don't seem to print the truth. Yes taking advantage of a law that Obama reminded them of.
the Light

El Paso, TX

#70 Aug 27, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Govenor Jerry Brown welcomes all illegals to live in Ca. Please go, him and Nancy love you lice infested people.
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#71 Aug 28, 2014
the Light wrote:
<quoted text>
Govenor Jerry Brown welcomes all illegals to live in Ca. Please go, him and Nancy love you lice infested people.
What's the point? You already solved the problem.
the Light

El Paso, TX

#72 Aug 28, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the point? You already solved the problem.
No , the problem is solved when we hear all ILLEGAL ALIENS are sent to Ca. If Obama won't deport them, they belong with the fruits and nuts.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#74 Aug 28, 2014
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
I pay taxes everything time I purchase gas or go to Walmart.
N.S. what about federal and state income tax and social security payments? Any property taxes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump pardons former Sheriff Joe Arpaio 2 hr WelbyMD 1,262
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 19 hr Tm Cln 4,078
News Transgender troops can re-enlist - for now Sep 17 anonymous 12
News Divers Search U.S. Navy Ship for Sailors Missin... Sep 16 FormerParatrooper 36
News Is healthcare a Jewish value? NEW Sep 13 Randism 79
News McCain to North Korea: Aggression will lead to ... Sep 13 Lawrence Wolf 22
News U.S. Senator McCain says facing 'very vicious f... Sep 12 Lawrence Wolf 4
More from around the web