A year later: Immigrants fear reform ...

A year later: Immigrants fear reform will never pass

There are 200 comments on the Times Herald story from Jun 22, 2014, titled A year later: Immigrants fear reform will never pass. In it, Times Herald reports that:

Antonio Velasquez, who fled civil war in Guatemala as a teen in 1990, has given up hope that Congress will pass legislation that allows him and his wife to gain legal status in the U.S. a??If Congress doesna??t do something, the great responsibility lies with President Obama because he is the one who promised that he was going to achieve ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Herald.

the Light

El Paso, TX

#24 Jun 23, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Words have no meaning to you. How sad.
From Forest Gump types......no
juan is a narcissist

Kansas City, MO

#27 Jul 3, 2014
Juan wrote:
I'll be celebrating the 4th this weekend with lots of beers and bar-ba-que with friends at Riverside Park..........Thank You America
Yawn...go get a facebook page and stick to it...nobody on this forum gives a rats but what you do in your pathetic life.
idiotsareunited

Seattle, WA

#28 Jul 3, 2014
Juan wrote:
Amnesty will come, it's just a matter of time.
they already have been allowed to stay that's why more are coming.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#29 Jul 4, 2014
Juan wrote:
I'll be celebrating the 4th this weekend with lots of beers and bar-ba-que with friends at Riverside Park..........Thank You America
Celebrate what??? You aren't a citizen. I am sure you plan to drink and drive. Real swift, aren't you?
juan is a narcissist

Kansas City, MO

#31 Jul 8, 2014
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Teddy I had several beers and lots of good food. If not driving how else would I get home. Vero Beach is too far from Riverview Park.
More narcissist drivel from the king of drivel from vero beach....nobody cares about your pathetic life...go get a facebook page for the few friends you might have. You like amigo have none here...better yet go back to soup city mexihole.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#33 Jul 10, 2014
OMG, showing up stating I'm here does not warrant citizenship nor amnesty. It's called applying for citizenship, what thousands of immigrants legally and proudly do every year.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Now these people completed THE journey.

To all ILLEGAL aliens or so called "undocumented" immigrants. Here is YOUR reform.

http://immigration.laws.com/N-400
the Light

El Paso, TX

#35 Aug 3, 2014
Juan wrote:
These children deserve the help from the U. S. Remember........they are children.
So please tell me why the U.S. is obligated to help the diseased brats?
the Light

El Paso, TX

#37 Aug 4, 2014
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your sorry ansestors came here as children.
My sorry ancestors were born here. We are from Seattle Wa. How about you, oh ya you snuck over from Juarez Mexico. Why do think "Illegal" means legal Citizen?Go through proper channels? Is it because you refuse to obey our laws, like the rest of your people?
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#38 Aug 4, 2014
the Light wrote:
<quoted text>My sorry ancestors were born here. We are from Seattle Wa. How about you, oh ya you snuck over from Juarez Mexico. Why do think "Illegal" means legal Citizen?Go through proper channels? Is it because you refuse to obey our laws, like the rest of your people?
So your ancestors were Native Americans from Washington state. Interesting.

If you have such a profound dislike for Mexican people why did you decide to move to the Mexican border. The US covers about 4 million square miles, but you have chosen to live on the absolute edge of the landmass.

It is kind of like the person who gets a sweet deal on the house next to the airport and then complains about the noise.
the Light

El Paso, TX

#39 Aug 4, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
So your ancestors were Native Americans from Washington state. Interesting.
If you have such a profound dislike for Mexican people why did you decide to move to the Mexican border. The US covers about 4 million square miles, but you have chosen to live on the absolute edge of the landmass.
It is kind of like the person who gets a sweet deal on the house next to the airport and then complains about the noise.
I'm not a native American. German and Norweigon. My father was in Government and we wound up here. We haven't weather, we watch it on tv. But yes its boring and 3/4 mexican. Right now I'd rather be here than in your state. Have they found out if the guy has Ebola or not.
the Light

El Paso, TX

#41 Aug 8, 2014
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>

Can't answer ?
the Light

El Paso, TX

#42 Aug 8, 2014
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
My ansestors were closer to being born here than yours. LOL
No my Ancestors were born here, not close by like yours!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#43 Aug 16, 2014
Reform my a$$. They need to CONFORM
pjw01

Redmond, OR

#44 Aug 16, 2014
OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS ARE NOT BROKE, IT IS OUR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT THAT IS BROKE!!
pjw01

Redmond, OR

#45 Aug 16, 2014
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
But they did it LEGALLY THRU ELLIS ISLAND.

OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS ARE NOT BROKE. IT IS OUR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT THAT IS BROKE. ANY STATE HAS THE RIGHT TO ENFORCE THEM. CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVE AND TELL THEM TO DO SO NOW!!!!!!!!!!

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#46 Aug 16, 2014
Juan wrote:
I work everyday and deserve to celebrate every now and then. Afew beers never hurt anyone.
Really??

Let my bust a few over your head then?

“Facts”

Location hidden

#47 Aug 16, 2014
Juan wrote:
These children deserve the help from the U. S. Remember........they are children.
Mexico won't take them
But I am sure you are wanted by the law here as well

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#48 Aug 17, 2014
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
My ansestors were closer to being born here than yours. LOL
Really??? How silly of you to assume that all who post who didn't have generations of family members who were born HERE, in the USA. I did a family tree, and found that one branch of my family lived about 100 miles from where I live today. They are DAR and predate the Civil War. It really doesn't matter where our people came from, what matters is we ARE legal citizens who pay taxes and demand that people like you leave. If you want to be here so badly, go through the process and show us and our laws respect.
the Light

El Paso, TX

#50 Aug 17, 2014
Juan wrote:
I deserve to be here. My parents brought me here as a child. I should not be penalized.
when you found out you werent legal, you should have started proper paper work. But you thought you's scam the U.S. right?

“Facts”

Location hidden

#51 Aug 17, 2014
Juan wrote:
I deserve to be here. My parents brought me here as a child. I should not be penalized.
I deserve to be here as I also came here as a child

Does not matter and I follow the rules

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 33 min Dee Dee Dee 14,872
News McCain on Russia sanctions: 'We cannot reward m... 59 min Trump your President 9
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 3 hr Panks 2,751
News Navy to commission USS Gabrielle Giffords Jan 16 Deplorable 17
News Senator McCain says U.S. stands with Ukraine ag... Jan 16 George 172
News Intelligence Agencies Ask Americans to "Trust, ... Jan 15 swampmudd 47
News War Drums Sound Following Reports Of Russian Ha... Jan 13 ACT of WAR 199
More from around the web