Youth activists detained while trying to enter US

Jul 22, 2013 Full story: WOI-TV West Des Moines 145

U.S. authorities have detained eight activists who asked to be allowed to re-enter the United States from Mexico on humanitarian grounds in a protest against American immigration policies.

Full Story

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#124 Jul 31, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
You are living in a state that was once part of Mexico. Five things to remember about that.
First, the United States illegally invaded Mexico more than once and it is partly due to those illegal invasions that California is now part of the US.(Same with New Mexico and Arizona. Texas is a different story)
Second, there was support by many of the Hispanic residents of California for joining the United States before it became a territory of the United States.
Third, the President of the United States at the time, FDR, was petitioned by the Knights of Columbus to intervene in the communist revolution in Mexico to prevent it from becoming communist, but he refused due to his closet anti-Catholicism.
Fourth, many of the extremists who promoted revolutions in Mexico were indoctrinated in anti-Catholic public and anti-Catholic private universities in the United States.
Fifth, many native Americans fled to Mexico to avoid extermination here in the United States. Some fled to Canada to avoid extermination here in the United States. Protestants in Canada wanted to finish the job of exterminating those that fled to Canada, but the French Catholics and Native American Catholics in Canada vetoed that with their vote against it.
you forgot to mention a couple of things..

the land in question was controlled by the native american indians.

the spanish/mexicans laid claim to the land. but it was not truly theirs.

so, how can the usa have taken the land from mexico when it wasn't even part of mexico to begin with?
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#125 Aug 1, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you forgot to mention a couple of things..
the land in question was controlled by the native american indians.
the spanish/mexicans laid claim to the land. but it was not truly theirs.
so, how can the usa have taken the land from mexico when it wasn't even part of mexico to begin with?
80 percent of the "Mexicans" are of mixed descent.

California was part of Mexico when Mexico was under Spanish control and then when it was under French control. If I remember correctly, the Spaniards in California were opposed to being under French control, and supported joining the United States.

The Federalists opposed Jefferson's purchase of the Louisiana territory from France because France did not own it. The joke against Jefferson among Federalists was that he just paid France a lot of money to declare war on Spain. That's why another treaty with Spain was required to fix the problem.

In any case, California was not part of the Louisiana purchase. It was acquired as a result of the war with Mexico.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#126 Aug 1, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>You're crazy. They're fighting against our country, whether you can see it or not. You people who promote lawlessness in the name of compassion ARE a big part of the problem.
They are trying to reenter the United States. They grew up here and identify themselves as Americans even though the government doesn't recognize them as such, but the most important things is that they were juveniles. They can't be held to the same standard as adults and thus we must accept them as Americans.

The truth is they wouldn't fit in in Mexico; they grew up here.

It would be an injustice not to accept them as Americans. The goal of law is justice, not injustice.

Location hidden

#127 Aug 2, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
80 percent of the "Mexicans" are of mixed descent.
California was part of Mexico when Mexico was under Spanish control and then when it was under French control. If I remember correctly, the Spaniards in California were opposed to being under French control, and supported joining the United States.
The Federalists opposed Jefferson's purchase of the Louisiana territory from France because France did not own it. The joke against Jefferson among Federalists was that he just paid France a lot of money to declare war on Spain. That's why another treaty with Spain was required to fix the problem.
In any case, California was not part of the Louisiana purchase. It was acquired as a result of the war with Mexico.
quote, "california was part of mexico", unquote,

guy, listen to what you are saying.. it's like I keep repeating to you, but you are not listening.

the native americans indians were on that land FIRST.

there were no mexicans there. NONE. then, those fu#king spanish came over like they did during all that time, and laid claim to the land because in their eyes, they didn't believe the indians were entitled to it.

the spanish did this in all the lands in the americas including central, south, and north america.

everybody knows this history. EVEN you.

understand this, monkey. we are not the spanish. and if you think you can use some lie to place claim on OUR land to justify taking it from us. and think you can succeed, you are sorely mistaken.

we will slaughter you like we do to the cattle we eat.

mark my words, monkey.

Location hidden

#128 Aug 2, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
They are trying to reenter the United States. They grew up here and identify themselves as Americans even though the government doesn't recognize them as such, but the most important things is that they were juveniles. They can't be held to the same standard as adults and thus we must accept them as Americans.
It would be an injustice not to accept them as Americans. The goal of law is justice, not injustice.
you want the truth?

they are foreigners in the usa ILLEGALLY. they speak spanish. they have parents in another country.

that being the case, they should be with their parents.

commonsense.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#129 Aug 2, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
guy, listen to what you are saying.. it's like I keep repeating to you, but you are not listening.
there were no mexicans there. NONE. then, those fu#king spanish came over like they did during all that time, and laid claim to the land because in their eyes, they didn't believe the indians were entitled to it.
the spanish did this in all the lands in the americas including central, south, and north america.
understand this, monkey. we are not the spanish. and if you think you can use some lie to place claim on OUR land to justify taking it from us. and think you can succeed, you are sorely mistaken.
mark my words, monkey.
I am an American. I think acknowledging the truth won't harm us. In fact, it is important if we are to learn from the mistakes of the past and continue to improve as a society.

I do not advocate giving California back to Mexico, I just recognize we can't base our decisions upon ethnic nor racial lines.

That would be a mistake; the same mistake that has been made in the past, and some people insist on continuing to make today.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#130 Aug 2, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you want the truth?
they are foreigners in the usa ILLEGALLY. they speak spanish. they have parents in another country.
that being the case, they should be with their parents.
commonsense.
The activists trying to get back into the United States were raised here in the United States. One is actually a citizen of the United States but was detained with his mother.

Spanish was spoken in the United States before the first Englishman arrived. In fact, the oldest European created city in the United States is St. Augustine, Florida; it was founded by the Spanish. The British tried to capture the fort there but were unable to do so. Florida came under British control as a result of a swap after the American Revolution. Spain and France sided with the colonies.

During the War of 1812, Florida was recaptured by Spain, as an ally of the United States during the war.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#131 Aug 2, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
That is hilarious. Illegal Mexicans murder over 20,000 American citizens a year? Two things to consider here. One is that illegal immigrants in general make up about three percent of the population. The other thing to consider is that in the US we average about 14,000 murders per year. That means that 3% of the population is responsible for 160% of all murders in the country. Seriously?
Forget about your list of diseases. Small pox, tuberculous, bubonic plaque. That is priceless. There has not been a case of small pox anywhere in the world since 1975. Tuberculous is of course at the lowest levels ever recorded. I could go on and on, but it is too easy.
What did you expect from somebody who drools to Rush and Fox News???

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#132 Aug 2, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
mark my words, monkey.
California doesn't belong to you as your Asian and Asians belong in Asia!!
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#133 Aug 2, 2013
We can't look at history wearing blinders.

If we do, we are led to believe that Custer and his Calvary Regiment were the victims of a massacre.

Without the blinders, we see that Custer's intent was to attack and slaughter an unprotected village of women and children because he thought the warriors had all left.

But the Sioux had learned that lesson the last time all the warriors left a village to fight the Calvary; the Army had sent Calvary around to destroy the village and execute all the women and children to break the spirit of the warriors.

That's what Custer's intent was as well, but the Sioux didn't send all their warriors out. They kept enough back to protect the women and children.

Essentially, the Army fighting the Indians at that point had learned the policy of "total war" in the Civil War and brought it out west with them.
spud

Forestville, CA

#135 Aug 5, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
If they're total Americans why do they travel to Mexico to recruit more Mexican nationals to subvert our laws? You would think they would just try to recruit more Americans to help them fight for amnesty. The truth is, they are Mexicans first. Another truth is that their presence in this country deprives lower and middle class Americans. If Catholics think that stealing or coveting their neighbors possessions is right, then I don't agree with Catholics.

Location hidden

#136 Aug 5, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
The activists trying to get back into the United States were raised here in the United States. One is actually a citizen of the United States but was detained with his mother.
Spanish was spoken in the United States before the first Englishman arrived. In fact, the oldest European created city in the United States is St. Augustine, Florida; it was founded by the Spanish. The British tried to capture the fort there but were unable to do so. Florida came under British control as a result of a swap after the American Revolution. Spain and France sided with the colonies.
During the War of 1812, Florida was recaptured by Spain, as an ally of the United States during the war.
what are you? an idiot?

who gives a shit how it was hundreds of years ago? I don't. frankly, it does not have any bearing on how it is now.

this is USA. not mexico. not Spanish land. not indian land. it is now - the united states of America.

you obey our laws or you will be punished. DEAL WITH IT.

as for the activists... they were not allowed into the usa for some reason. most probably it was because they didn't have the papers.

and if you think I'm going to believe a pro-illegal or illegal over the authorities, you're joking yourself.

Location hidden

#137 Aug 5, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>If they're total Americans why do they travel to Mexico to recruit more Mexican nationals to subvert our laws? You would think they would just try to recruit more Americans to help them fight for amnesty. The truth is, they are Mexicans first. Another truth is that their presence in this country deprives lower and middle class Americans. If Catholics think that stealing or coveting their neighbors possessions is right, then I don't agree with Catholics.
once we regain total control in congress, there are a few changes that I see necessary to curb future issues on immigration..

1) eliminate dual citizenship.
2) make English national language.
3) amend the 14th so that there is no more anchor babies.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#138 Aug 5, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
once we regain total control in congress, there are a few changes that I see necessary to curb future issues on immigration..
1) eliminate dual citizenship.
2) make English national language.
3) amend the 14th so that there is no more anchor babies.
I don't see Israel gaining control of the US Congress anytime soon.

Location hidden

#139 Aug 5, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see Israel gaining control of the US Congress anytime soon.
like I said.. and repeat again since you are hard of hearing..

get off the drugs already. they are making you so stupid, you can't tell the difference between Israel and the usa anymore.

Location hidden

#140 Aug 5, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an American. I think acknowledging the truth won't harm us. In fact, it is important if we are to learn from the mistakes of the past and continue to improve as a society.
I do not advocate giving California back to Mexico, I just recognize we can't base our decisions upon ethnic nor racial lines.
That would be a mistake; the same mistake that has been made in the past, and some people insist on continuing to make today.
California was never part of mexico. DEAL with it.
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#141 Aug 5, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
get off the drugs already. they are making you so stupid, you can't tell the difference between Israel and the usa anymore.
you're dealing with Clueless, he never knows what one is talking about but loves to put in his two cents worth,anyway. LOL! He is just plain clueless.

Location hidden

#142 Aug 5, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
California doesn't belong to you as your Asian and Asians belong in Asia!!
Asian blood courses through the veins of all you Mexicans. in the Aztecs, the mayans, the incas, etc.

refusing to believe this shows just how ignorant you are, rico.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#143 Aug 5, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who keeps forgetting if they are American, Israeli or Asian. It seems to depend on which board you are posting on at the moment. Why don't you clarify and tell us what country you are living in?

Location hidden

#144 Aug 5, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who keeps forgetting if they are American, Israeli or Asian. It seems to depend on which board you are posting on at the moment. Why don't you clarify and tell us what country you are living in?
isn't it obvious? I live in the usa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McCain appears ready for 2016 reelection bid Thu Taxpayer for years 13
Halloween party smooth in Athens Oct 26 poodthumpun 1
McCain calls ouster of Egyptian president a 'coup' (Aug '13) Oct 23 Swedenforever 52
Rumsfeld Resigns as Defense Secretary Democrats... (Nov '06) Oct 22 Swedenforever 8
Health Officials See Breach in Ebola Protocol a... Oct 18 barefoot2626 84
Graham praises Obama administration; trip to Eg... (Aug '13) Oct 15 Swedenforever 11
Bachmann Calls Bush's Bailout Decision an Act o... (Nov '11) Oct 14 Swedenforever 15

John McCain People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE