Youth activists detained while trying...

Youth activists detained while trying to enter US

There are 145 comments on the WOI-TV West Des Moines story from Jul 22, 2013, titled Youth activists detained while trying to enter US. In it, WOI-TV West Des Moines reports that:

U.S. authorities have detained eight activists who asked to be allowed to re-enter the United States from Mexico on humanitarian grounds in a protest against American immigration policies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOI-TV West Des Moines.

US are Warring Savage

United States

#62 Jul 24, 2013
lets not forget about NAFTA, CAFTA and other FTA bills and what it had done to American Sheeople and world masses of slaves like you. Must be all over you heads, can come back with an intellectual stimulating retorts but American barbarism meathead/jughead spews of ad hominem , cat calling, innuedo... that is what most our American jugheads/meathead of sheeoples are good for . hehehehehe
US are Warring Savage

United States

#63 Jul 24, 2013
Tech Dragon wrote:
<quoted text>
" Yep you are genius! "
It's a shame our country allows you in and actually feeds you.
You sound like you don't have any papers Pancho. Let's see your drivers license, registration and proof of insurance.
As a taxpayer, it's people like you that really make me think long and hard about not paying taxes anymore. Period.
Enjoy your Obamaphone and your government cheese.
Not a Wet Back. I see your race masterbating McCarthyism trip of paranoia is showing its again but this time with a new twist , it used to be commies know its Asians, latins, muslims, Arabs, Blacks, liberals, other rightwingers who not of your kind... whp next Old ladies, American geeks. No wonder wolrd distrust US Americans because you our US war moongers made a big mess at home and abroad with u kinetic and macroeconomic war machines. Don't you feel ashame.

this is for missing post , i world say adm is bias... POST DISAPPEAR SO RETYPE!
US are Warring Savage

United States

#64 Jul 24, 2013
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
O. K.
wAKE UP YET? i SAY MOST YOU STILL WALKING ZOMBIES IN DAYTIME WBHAHAHHAHAA
Lol

Covina, CA

#65 Jul 24, 2013
US are Warring Savage wrote:
<quoted text>wAKE UP YET? i SAY MOST YOU STILL WALKING ZOMBIES IN DAYTIME WBHAHAHHAHAA
Working late here. Hey if you're being serious, who am I to judge your ideas. At least you have a pulse and an opinion on something which is more than most sheeple out there who watch TV all day. Good luck -take it easy out there.
Dequin

Halle, Germany

#66 Jul 24, 2013
ALL THOSE LEGALISTIC EXCUSES for not welcoming
any immigrant are just no good:
America needs to take a look from a moral point of view: Is it okay for a country like the U.S. to deport people who have lived there for years-
or not? If you do not give them a path to citzenship,
they are bound to run afoul of the system:
So , why even risk that?
Obama was elected because of his ability to do
the right thing ethically-because the time for
a more tolerant leader had come.
In reflecting about Trayvon Martin, he seemed to be
saying:" Look-is this what we have come down to?"
As far as immigration is concerned, it is understandable that activist are not let in, as
they´d b bound to heat up the discussion
unduly. All the same, just like Obama in the case
of Trayvon Martin,I´d like to ask as well:
Is this legalistic discussion on immigration
what we have come down to?" The letter of the
law can be used in order to detract from the
real issue at hand, which remains:
There are 11 million undocumented immigrants
in the country, and they won´t go away overnight-
so wouldn´t it be time to solve this problem?

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#67 Jul 24, 2013
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
What the [email protected] are you talking about? Bring back the fake Asian guy. At least he makes some sense.
hahaha.

these are the kind of illegals that we are getting from mexico.

and you wonder why I'm all up in arms about the idiots on capitol hill wanting to give them amnesty?
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#68 Jul 24, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
a lot of words saying nothing.
Surely they say nothing to you.
you didn't answer my last question.. so, let me repeat it..
if someone entered YOUR home WITHOUT your permission. and helped themselves to everything you have. your food. your house. your job. EVERYTHING. how would you feel? love?

YOU enter my home without my permission, and I will not hesitate to shoot you down. I don't care what color you are.
Surely I will not feel love for someone that enter my home without permision.

Now... have some illegal Mexican entered YOUR HOME? You want to make an analogy about someone entering your private property and stealing yours, and make of it an identity of people entering another country illegaly, mostly to work. The proper authorities, be it Federal or State, will make laws (they have been doing lately) and enforce them (according the popular mood, economic needs, and the like).

Now, you say that you will shoot you if someone enters your home (your private property) and I have nothing to say about it. Probably you will act according to law.

I have no problem of what you think in your home. Don't bring your guns to Mexico, or you will end up in jail, or worst.

----------

Someone here made the suggestion that you could be a kind of Zionist, or a fanatical admirer of Israel. I personally went to the Israel forum and at first glance, I didn't see you there. Will be nice if you elaborate. Could be an interesting theme.
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#69 Jul 24, 2013
Dequin wrote:
America needs to take a look from a moral point of view: Is it okay for a country like the U.S. to deport people who have lived there for years-
So , why even risk that?
As far as immigration is concerned, it is understandable that activist are not let in, as
Hallo,@Dequin... wie ist das Wetter heute in Deutschland, schön?
;)

In my opinion the real issue at hand is the Economy. But let's stay with the issue of 11 million illegals in the USA, 6 of them from Mexico.

Mexico will not have a problem if those 6 millions would be repatriated. The remitances from the USA is less than 2% of our GDP. There would temporarily will be a sudden increase in unemployment and housing, but they could be solved in few years if the Mexican goverment put a plan to do it.

I personally believe that their repatriation will bring a lot of benefits to Mexico in the medium and long term, it the things develop like that and use the opportunity.

Mexico has to do a lot of changes internally and in its foreign policies to adjust to reality. It has to live reality.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#70 Jul 24, 2013
Dequin wrote:
So , why even risk that?
It is time to solve the problem by enforcing the laws. If a true effort was made to deport illegal aliens and prosecute those who employ, aid and abet their crimes within a few years time the problem would no longer exist. By opening up the 7 million plus jobs and reducing the number of children born to the welfare rolls by illegal aliens not only would the economy improve but so would our quality of life in general.

Location hidden

#71 Jul 24, 2013
Sirius wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely they say nothing to you.
<quoted text>
Surely I will not feel love for someone that enter my home without permision.
Now... have some illegal Mexican entered YOUR HOME? You want to make an analogy about someone entering your private property and stealing yours, and make of it an identity of people entering another country illegaly, mostly to work. The proper authorities, be it Federal or State, will make laws (they have been doing lately) and enforce them (according the popular mood, economic needs, and the like).
Now, you say that you will shoot you if someone enters your home (your private property) and I have nothing to say about it. Probably you will act according to law.
I have no problem of what you think in your home. Don't bring your guns to Mexico, or you will end up in jail, or worst.
----------
Someone here made the suggestion that you could be a kind of Zionist, or a fanatical admirer of Israel. I personally went to the Israel forum and at first glance, I didn't see you there. Will be nice if you elaborate. Could be an interesting theme.
if you don't have a problem with YOUR country shooting me down if I entered mexico without your permission.

why do you have a problem with MY country shooting those from YOUR country who enter MY country without permission?

sounds really hypocritical to me.

regarding israel... it is multi-facet issue that requires some studying to understand the full picture of what is going on. one must study the history of the area for the last 200 years. one must also read the koran. if you do this, I will discuss the issue with you.

otherwise, the time it would take for me to bring you up to my point of view would take more time than I am willing to part with at this time.

some reading material to start you off if you are still inclined to debate the issue with me in the future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_empire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_O...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_evol...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I
http://tellthechildrenthetruth.com/

http://masada2000.org/
http://masada2000.org/historical.html
Mayela

Atlanta, GA

#72 Jul 24, 2013
Mail-Order Bride Documentary 'Seeking Asian Female' Looks At White Man's Obsession With Asian Women

In the documentary “Seeking Asian Female," filmmaker Debbie Lum follows a 60-year-old white parking attendant named Steven as he eventually persuades Sandy -- a 30-year-old office worker from China -- to come to the U.S. to be his wife.

Filmmaker Lum, a fourth-generation Chinese-American, found Steven on the online matchmaking site Asian Friend Finder, where he had been searching for and corresponding with potential Chinese brides for years.

The film -- which aired Monday evening as a part of the PBS “Independent Lens” series -- looks at Caucasian men's infatuation with Asian women and explores the stereotypes that paint Asian women as sexual and submissive creatures.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/07/mail...

barf

verb: The premature expulsion of consumed materials through the mouth and nose.

Oooooh I shouldn't have ordered the "Septic Surprise." I think I'm gonna barf!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#73 Jul 24, 2013
Tech Dragon wrote:
<quoted text>
"But like clothing, to cars, ipods and more the kids in Mexico want American technology also."
Don't you ever use the name Mexican and technology in the same sentence again, as inherently Mexicans and technology aren't a good mix.
Field work and hard, manual labor is what the Mexican is accustomed and better suited to.
You are deliverately offensive... what do you want that I say?

East Saint Louis is pretty tech, isn't it?

And the other part... Do they finish the "space port" for the incoming space-ship tourism?

If you think that we move around in donkeys - as most US people do - for me is OK. Let's give time to time.
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#74 Jul 24, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
if you don't have a problem with YOUR country shooting me down if I entered mexico without your permission.
why do you have a problem with MY country shooting those from YOUR country who enter MY country without permission?
sounds really hypocritical to me.
"By way of deception"... or something like that.

You are trying to twist everything I say, and present it in a way I didn't mean to. It is called "bad faith", "ill will" and it is impossible to have a minimum interchange with someone that behaves this way. It's ok, there is no need for me to convince you of anything.

You say that "you want to shoot illegals", but that is not even legal in your country, in fact is simply murder.

I think there should be a correspondance with the fault and the punishment. For my own values, I believe that the deportation of an illegal is of course a proper punishment. Killing them is something that YOU DESIRE, but actually SO FAR, and by far, is not the policy of your (your?) goverment... I mean, if you are actually an American, and not an Israeli radical settler, accustomed to shoot at innocent people to drive them away from their homes and their land, after all, Israel is properly in Asia, isn't it?
Asian Guy wrote:
regarding israel... it is multi-facet issue that requires some studying to understand the full picture of what is going on. one must study the history of the area for the last 200 years. one must also read the koran. if you do this, I will discuss the issue with you.
otherwise, the time it would take for me to bring you up to my point of view would take more time than I am willing to part with at this time.
some reading material to start you off if you are still inclined to debate the issue with me in the future.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_empire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_O...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_evol...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I
http://tellthechildrenthetruth.com/
http://masada2000.org/
http://masada2000.org/historical.html
Too much to read right now, I agree. Although the history of Israel itself is not really an interest for me, right now. What interest me more, for some time now, is the differential in attitudes, considerations, friendship, etcetera of the USA with Mexico and Israel.

(continue...)
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#75 Jul 24, 2013
(continue...)

You see... Mexico is now the 3er commercial partner of the USA (they do business of more than 1 million dollar per minute, 500,000 million dollar per year), and it is said, that 40% of what the USA exports to the world, have some industrial component or human work from Mexico (Mexico proper).

(Well, something similar happens with China, and one is not surprised that China do not rank high in the estimation of the people of the USA... have to think about it)

I think that is remarkable the incredible differential in political leverage, and to some degree prestige, that Israel have in the USA when compared with Mexico.

You see, I believe that every country has the perfect right of prefering one country or people than another. If the USA and Israel are buddies, and Mexico is viewed as something undesirable in any aspect, I do not feel bad about it. Obviously I get offended when someone says that "the USA feeds the leeching Mexicans", when in reality, Mexico earns by work what it has (and the remitances, that come also from work, are less than 2% of oour GDP). Israel is the one that lives to great extent for what I know, with money of the USA taxpayers. I mean, I only hate the blatant lies and double standard in this example.

I think that you yourself are an example of those attitudes. You actually said that you want to shoot us (I don't know how much difference there could be between your dis-humanization of Mexicans in the USA, and in Mexico, I suppose there is almost no difference), and your defense of Israel that this other user claims about you.

You see, sometimes some people that hate Mexico, says that "it has different values than the USA". In the same token, I believe that the differential treatment of Cuban Americans could be due because they have values much more closer to the true values of America.

You see:

Israelis and Exile Cubans ---> Preferencial treatment and influence.

Mexicans ---> Undesirable people from an undesirable country.

Please, feel free to comment what you want to say about that. I am not "requesting" it. Do what you want.

Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#76 Jul 24, 2013
I like to summarize like this, in case the question is not clear:

The difference of prestige and influence between Israel and Exile Cubans, in one hand, and of Mexico (and Mexicans) in the other is due to the fact that they represent better, or are more afine to the "values of America"?

That is my question.
truee

Huntington, WV

#78 Jul 25, 2013
C c. C. G V
M. CCTV

Location hidden

#79 Jul 25, 2013
Sirius wrote:
(continue...)
You see... Mexico is now the 3er commercial partner of the USA (they do business of more than 1 million dollar per minute, 500,000 million dollar per year), and it is said, that 40% of what the USA exports to the world, have some industrial component or human work from Mexico (Mexico proper).
(Well, something similar happens with China, and one is not surprised that China do not rank high in the estimation of the people of the USA... have to think about it)
I think that is remarkable the incredible differential in political leverage, and to some degree prestige, that Israel have in the USA when compared with Mexico.
You see, I believe that every country has the perfect right of prefering one country or people than another. If the USA and Israel are buddies, and Mexico is viewed as something undesirable in any aspect, I do not feel bad about it. Obviously I get offended when someone says that "the USA feeds the leeching Mexicans", when in reality, Mexico earns by work what it has (and the remitances, that come also from work, are less than 2% of oour GDP). Israel is the one that lives to great extent for what I know, with money of the USA taxpayers. I mean, I only hate the blatant lies and double standard in this example.
I think that you yourself are an example of those attitudes. You actually said that you want to shoot us (I don't know how much difference there could be between your dis-humanization of Mexicans in the USA, and in Mexico, I suppose there is almost no difference), and your defense of Israel that this other user claims about you.
You see, sometimes some people that hate Mexico, says that "it has different values than the USA". In the same token, I believe that the differential treatment of Cuban Americans could be due because they have values much more closer to the true values of America.
You see:
Israelis and Exile Cubans ---> Preferencial treatment and influence.
Mexicans ---> Undesirable people from an undesirable country.
Please, feel free to comment what you want to say about that. I am not "requesting" it. Do what you want.
the key word here is respect.

you want my respect, you show me respect. you want to be friends, you act like friends.

regarding Israel and the muslims.. the muslims have declared on us. they want us to submit to their crazy rules as dictated by the Koran. and you don't understand why we are not friends with them???

with mexico.. again it has to do with respect.. you get all these Mexicans coming into the usa without permission. many if not most of them screaming that we took land from them. and you don't understand why we are not really friends with them?

you say it is murder when somebody enters my home without my permission, and I kill them for doing so? I beg to differ. it is self-defense.

the time is coming soon when we in the usa will shoot any and all trespassers.

and if you don't agree with the policy, maybe we will enter your country without your permission and see how you feel about it.

we'll see how you feel when we turn the tables and threaten to take your country from you.
Mark

Anaheim, CA

#80 Jul 25, 2013
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
How come every street corner I pass has a white or sometimes black bumb hitting me up for quarters?
I don't see any Hispanics and/or Asians doing that. Too busy working...
Since we are race baiting here =)
Asians no: However I see many Hispanics begging on the corner or freeway off ramps. I also see loads of Mexicants selling flowers, oranges and food from stolen shopping carts. Mexicants are very primitive and third world. They tend to be habitual drunks. They're violent and EXTREMELY lacking intelligence and or basic common sense. They also never seem to maintain their homes or control their children in public. They children often act like wild animals. I also question why Mexicants as a whole seem to have no talent or exceptional abilities.
spud

United States

#81 Jul 25, 2013
If these kids are so American, why are they travelling to Mexico to recruit more protesters? They are the ones who are injecting race into this debacle. They are troublemakers and it would be best if they just stayed in Mexico with their true friends.
i see oj

Virginia Beach, VA

#82 Jul 25, 2013
So now not only are illegals demanding they be allowed to stay, but also come and go from the country as they please?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 12 min Brian_G 13,154
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 4 hr Stars5435 2,518
News John McCain sends message to Donald Trump on wa... Nov 26 Lawrence Wolf 43
News News 25 Mins Ago Trump faces hurdles to reinsta... Nov 23 Lawrence Wolf 10
News Bachmann Calls Bush's Bailout Decision an Act o... (Nov '11) Nov 23 Pardoner in Chief 48
News Trump: Election will decide - whether we remain... Nov 12 Slice 166
News 10 reasons African-Americans "love" Donald Trump (Jul '15) Nov 9 Trudeau jr 12
More from around the web