The maverick rides again - and Congress needs him

Jul 24, 2013 Full story: The News Tribune 38

The Senate was out of session recently, but John McCain was on Capitol Hill, joking, as he often does, about "trying to do the Lord's work here in the city of Satan."

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#21 Jul 24, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
McCain served his country in Viet Nam and was captures, tortured and held prisoner for years. Most right wingers on here have never served anywhere. Just ask draft dodger mittwit romney!
91Bravo Medic here. Your service record?
Memo From Turner

United States

#22 Jul 24, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
What is really sad is that anybody would actually consider John McCain as practical, intelligent, good-humored or responsible. It is even sadder that people think it is o.k. for our leaders to be bought and paid for to make decisions and laws based on who pays the most. No wonder a politician from the most corrupt party in the most corrupt state can surround themselves with “friends and advisers” that make Al Capone look like a choir boy and become president.
I do agree that the GOP is a sad excuse for a party but the Democratic Party is even worse.
Interesting rant about both McCain and the Democratic party. The strange part is that you overlook the fact that McCain was the nominee for the Republican. Party in 2008. As the sttandard bearer for the party and somebody they though would be the best choice for leader of the free world it is comical that any Republicam would try to disown him.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#23 Jul 24, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting rant about both McCain and the Democratic party. The strange part is that you overlook the fact that McCain was the nominee for the Republican. Party in 2008. As the sttandard bearer for the party and somebody they though would be the best choice for leader of the free world it is comical that any Republicam would try to disown him.
It is funny to see a Republicans disown him but it resulted in Obama being elected.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#25 Jul 24, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny to see a Republicans disown him but it resulted in Obama being elected.
the only difference between mccain and obama is.. one is black. and one is white.

that's it.

the reason why obama got elected is because he is a better liar.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#26 Jul 24, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
the only difference between mccain and obama is.. one is black. and one is white.
that's it.
Being the better liar has nothing to do with it. The presidency is all about marketing. A slick package and a smooth sale pitch is what sells the average consumer. Just look at the groups most swayed by advertising and you will see why we have the government we have.
fatbacks x

Portland, OR

#27 Jul 24, 2013
John Mccain..... Savings and loan ripoff and Keating ball massager. No wonder he sat at the table in '08 like a deflated toad, as the rest of the bush's wall street toadie retiree advisers and paulsen counted the taxpayer money they could pocket. Mcain knew then more than obama could comprehend that the s--t had hit the fan through corruption and bedding down with the wall street lice. But then again this s--ts been going on since 1912 and mccain knew it. That's why the ole fa-t decieded that the potus position, new wars, and looking up dimwits dress everyday wasn't worth it.
fatbacks x

Portland, OR

#28 Jul 24, 2013
Wether you vote rep or dem in '16. you'll eventually figure out that the present oligarcy is one party and it's too big to fail, but there might be time to invent the square wheel as most politicians believe "the flintstones" is a documentary.

Location hidden

#29 Jul 24, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Being the better liar has nothing to do with it. The presidency is all about marketing. A slick package and a smooth sale pitch is what sells the average consumer. Just look at the groups most swayed by advertising and you will see why we have the government we have.
another word for "marketing" is "lying".

don't you know that?
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#30 Jul 25, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
What is really sad is that anybody would actually consider John McCain as practical, intelligent, good-humored or responsible. It is even sadder that people think it is o.k. for our leaders to be bought and paid for to make decisions and laws based on who pays the most. No wonder a politician from the most corrupt party in the most corrupt state can surround themselves with “friends and advisers” that make Al Capone look like a choir boy and become president.
I do agree that the GOP is a sad excuse for a party but the Democratic Party is even worse.
I stress - I'm not ENDORSING the guy. I'm just saying that, compared with most of today's Republicans, he seems a lot more practical and responsible, someone who puts America's interests (as he sees them, at least) first.

He's not a Tea Party Terrorist, IOW.

And yes, Dems are bad too (though not NEARLY as bad as the TPT Republicans, obviously)..
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#31 Jul 25, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
that's it.
That's perhaps the first post of yours I've seen that makes sense!

I only voted Obama because I knew he'd make better Supreme Court appointments, really. Well, that and I'd never vote for anyone who'd pick a fool like Sarah Palin as his VP...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#32 Jul 25, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
I stress - I'm not ENDORSING the guy. I'm just saying that, compared with most of today's Republicans, he seems a lot more practical and responsible, someone who puts America's interests (as he sees them, at least) first.
He's not a Tea Party Terrorist, IOW.
And yes, Dems are bad too (though not NEARLY as bad as the TPT Republicans, obviously)..
Tea party terrorist? Can you show me one act of Physical violence performed by any Tea party group. or you just in the habit of lying?
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#33 Jul 25, 2013
californio wrote:
<quoted text> 91Bravo Medic here. Your service record?
Was the word "most" confusing, or what?

Personally, though, I'd like to see the end of the notion that military service either qualifies or disqualifies you from political service.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#34 Jul 25, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, though, I'd like to see the end of the notion that military service either qualifies or disqualifies you from political service.
I would like to see the end of the notion that you have to be a lawyer who has never worked outside of politics and government in you life to qualify for "political service". At least military service shows that you are willing to serve the country without the rewards of profit and power as your incentive for "serving" your country.
Professional politicians are the biggest issue with government today. We even have entire families whose "business" is politics just like the nobility who have exploited people for thousands of years.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#35 Jul 25, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
Supporting a war while dodging the draft should definitely disqualify anyone.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#36 Jul 25, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Supporting a war while dodging the draft should definitely disqualify anyone.
Or even afterward, as in Cheney's case. He's an egregious case of evader turned chicken hawk.

Location hidden

#37 Jul 26, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
That's perhaps the first post of yours I've seen that makes sense!
I only voted Obama because I knew he'd make better Supreme Court appointments, really. Well, that and I'd never vote for anyone who'd pick a fool like Sarah Palin as his VP...
Obama make better supreme court appointments?

you surely are joking. the people currently on the supreme court care more for foreigners than they do for americans and America.

they will not unite the usa.

they will cause chaos and instability to the country.

their decisions will bring us that much closer to the next world war.

a strong usa is a deterent to the next world war. and these idiots allowed our technology to be freely given to other countries without so much as a complaint.

when their armies match ours, they will attack if the opportunity arises. this is the history of mankind. of the animal kingdom.

our future.

reality.
Brenda besson

United States

#38 Jul 27, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama make better supreme court appointments?
you surely are joking. the people currently on the supreme court care more for foreigners than they do for americans and America.
they will not unite the usa.
they will cause chaos and instability to the country.
their decisions will bring us that much closer to the next world war.
a strong usa is a deterent to the next world war. and these idiots allowed our technology to be freely given to other countries without so much as a complaint.
when their armies match ours, they will attack if the opportunity arises. this is the history of mankind. of the animal kingdom.
our future.
reality.
couldnt say it better myself,so true.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#39 Jul 28, 2013
He needs to retire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McCain calls ouster of Egyptian president a 'coup' (Aug '13) 7 hr Swedenforever 49
Bachmann Calls Bush's Bailout Decision an Act o... (Nov '11) 20 hr Swedenforever 14
Senate approves Obama's Syria plan in funding b... Tue UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 63
New coalition airstrikes target ISIS near Syria... Tue Tim 1
Palin's gaffe put White House at - 1400 Pennsyl... Sep 27 Bama Yankee 1
PolitiFact: Is ISIS in Mexico and planning to c... Sep 23 Sirius 25
Potential push for Obama to expand military effort Sep 21 SirPrize 16

John McCain People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE