The maverick rides again - and Congress needs him

Jul 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The News Tribune

The Senate was out of session recently, but John McCain was on Capitol Hill, joking, as he often does, about "trying to do the Lord's work here in the city of Satan."

Comments
1 - 20 of 38 Comments Last updated Jul 28, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#1 Jul 24, 2013
McCain is aa RINO!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2 Jul 24, 2013
nobody needs mccain. and that's the truth.

he's an old man that should just retire.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#3 Jul 24, 2013
So now a bought and paid for politician is a maverick? That is even funnier than the joke about how Obama is an honest man of the people or that Americans support amnesty for millions of ant-American criminals. The talking heads must think the average American is as stupid as they are.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#4 Jul 24, 2013
It's a bit sad when the best guy you've got in Congress - the most practical, intelligent, good-humored (!) and responsible - is John McCain.

But then the GOP is a sad, sad excuse for a party nowadays. I shudder to think where we'd be without some cooperation, influence, and arm-twisting by McCain.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#5 Jul 24, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
nobody needs mccain. and that's the truth.
he's an old man that should just retire.
So you can just destoy the country outright? Sorry, we need him more than we need those damn teabaggers that infest the House.

WAY more.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 24, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
So now a bought and paid for politician is a maverick? That is even funnier than the joke about how Obama is an honest man of the people or that Americans support amnesty for millions of ant-American criminals. The talking heads must think the average American is as stupid as they are.
ALL politicians are "bought and paid for," that's a given. What are they doing to EARN their pay is the only meaningful question.

Although probably not to anyone who thinks that hard-working immigrants are "anti-American criminals." Or did you really mean "ant-American?" That makes just about as much sense...:)

Location hidden

#7 Jul 24, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can just destoy the country outright? Sorry, we need him more than we need those damn teabaggers that infest the House.
WAY more.
mccain is pro-illegal.

and as far as I can see, the tea baggers are pro-american.

need I say more?

we the people do not want anymore politicians who care more for foreigners than they do for americans on capitol hill.

they have done enough harm already as it were.

time for a change.

Location hidden

#8 Jul 24, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL politicians are "bought and paid for," that's a given. What are they doing to EARN their pay is the only meaningful question.
Although probably not to anyone who thinks that hard-working immigrants are "anti-American criminals." Or did you really mean "ant-American?" That makes just about as much sense...:)
obviously, you believe the illegals are immigrants.

let me remind you... THEY ARE NOT!

they are foreigners in the usa ILLEGALLY. akin to invaders. they do not have permission to be in the usa. PERIOD.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#9 Jul 24, 2013
chisholm wrote:
It's a bit sad when the best guy you've got in Congress - the most practical, intelligent, good-humored (!) and responsible - is John McCain.
But then the GOP is a sad, sad excuse for a party nowadays. I shudder to think where we'd be without some cooperation, influence, and arm-twisting by McCain.
don't overrate the progressives. the cities are so beautiful. Anyway McCain is a buffoon. A dangerous one. He has his head so far up zionist Joe Lieberman's azz that it has been declared kosher. We are on 6 years of Repub politicians being served the riot act from their voters and they still do what they want or perhaps ordered to by their elitist masters.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#10 Jul 24, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
WAY more.
Yeah, so we can get on with arming the Syrian Rebels [al Queda], and nuking Iran. Just what we need, McCain unchained.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#11 Jul 24, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
mccain is pro-illegal.
and as far as I can see, the tea baggers are pro-american.
need I say more?
we the people do not want anymore politicians who care more for foreigners than they do for americans on capitol hill.
they have done enough harm already as it were.
time for a change.
Your xenophobic distinction makes no sense. "Pro illegal?" Hysterical.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 24, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
obviously, you believe the illegals are immigrants.
let me remind you... THEY ARE NOT!
they are foreigners in the usa ILLEGALLY. akin to invaders. they do not have permission to be in the usa. PERIOD.
Sorry, immigrants are immigrants. They have immigrated into this country, that much is indisputable.

If they've done so illegally, we can deport them all...deport some...accept some as candidates for citizenship...or accept all of them.

We're not going to deport them all or accept them all, so you see the two remaining choices. I'm certainly not supporting illegal immigration, but McCain and others see that we can't deport 11-20 million people. It's just not happening.

So try reality, that's all I'm suggesting.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#13 Jul 24, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, so we can get on with arming the Syrian Rebels [al Queda], and nuking Iran. Just what we need, McCain unchained.
So you're saying what, you want the Tea Party unchained?

I don't think so..

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#14 Jul 24, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so..
No, McCain is not a teabagger. But he is old and senile and looking to start more wars in Sandland. We don't need anymore Eye-Racks and Clusterfuckistans.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#15 Jul 24, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>No, McCain is not a teabagger. But he is old and senile and looking to start more wars in Sandland. We don't need anymore Eye-Racks and Clusterfuckistans.
No, we don't, but I don't see how McCain's much worse than Obama on that score.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#16 Jul 24, 2013
chisholm wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so..
Most Tea party members I know think the USA should stay as far from Syria and the mess in Egypt as possible. Not our fight, not our problem.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#17 Jul 24, 2013
McCain said there are now 15 Wacko Birds isolationist in the Senate. I find that good news as just a few years ago it was just Ron Paul in the house and zero in the Senate.. Lets hope the old interventionist like McCain keep going away in the GOP and are replaced by more so called Wacko Birds who oppose overseas Wars.
chisholm

Columbus, OH

#18 Jul 24, 2013
californio wrote:
<quoted text> Most Tea party members I know think the USA should stay as far from Syria and the mess in Egypt as possible. Not our fight, not our problem.
I'm sure that's true. IMO the Tea Party is more of a domestic threat than a foreign-policy one.
Sheik Yerbouti

Furlong, PA

#19 Jul 24, 2013
McCain served his country in Viet Nam and was captures, tortured and held prisoner for years. Most right wingers on here have never served anywhere. Just ask draft dodger mittwit romney!
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#20 Jul 24, 2013
chisholm wrote:
What is really sad is that anybody would actually consider John McCain as practical, intelligent, good-humored or responsible. It is even sadder that people think it is o.k. for our leaders to be bought and paid for to make decisions and laws based on who pays the most. No wonder a politician from the most corrupt party in the most corrupt state can surround themselves with “friends and advisers” that make Al Capone look like a choir boy and become president.
I do agree that the GOP is a sad excuse for a party but the Democratic Party is even worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John McCain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michele Bachmann: The LGBT Community is Bullyin... 3 hr Swedenforever 23
Enemy of My Enemy: Are airstrikes against ISIS ... 4 hr Le Jimbo 64
Libyan armed faction takes over U.S. Embassy an... 5 hr Cordwainer Trout 12
Correction: Bahrain-Security Summit story (Dec '12) 10 hr KARAM BALOCH 4
A year later: Immigrants fear reform will never... 18 hr teddyr4me 85
Libyan armed faction takes over US Embassy anne... Mon Jeff Brightone 1
Kerry calls on world to defeat 'cancer' of Isla... Mon Cat74 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••