Mitt Romney's Bizarre Explanation For Why He Didn't...

During their recently concluded convention, several Democrats, including most prominently Vice President Biden and Senator John Kerry, criticized Mitt Romney for failing to say a single word about Afghanistan or America's troops during his acceptance speech at the Republican convention in Tampa. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I won't be your hero.”

Since: Jul 12

Vacaville, CA

#1 Sep 8, 2012
Because the economy is so far in the sh-tter that people are more concerned about it? Gonna need an industrial size plunger to fix it.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#2 Sep 8, 2012
Out of sight, out of mind? Mitt didn't serve. He chose to sit out 'Nam as a Mormon "missionary", living in a mansion in France. None of his sons chose to serve either. To the 1% fortunates, military service in dangerous places is for little people, the 99%.

It's been this way, at least since our Civil War. A cobbled-up mess of an economy, traitorous obstructionists on both sides of the aisle. Purposefully doing all they can do to sabotage the economy, putting their political party ahead of their country.

Mitt didn't mention our brave troops in Afghanistan and his better idea on how to get them home because he doesn't have one and doesn't know anyone who our operations there directly impact? I work with 1%ers. Many are nice folks, but they're the fortunate sons.

&fe ature=fvsr
Hoosier Hillbilly

Milltown, IN

#3 Sep 9, 2012
Sounds to me like someone is jealious...?
I think (as-soon-as-he's-elected) we'll see
him move fast concerning the wars to save money
and start the recovery from national debt. If
he doesn't I'll be very disappointed.
All the money "WE" can get our hands on @ this
time should be spent on recovering our economy!

Location hidden

#4 Sep 9, 2012
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Sounds to me like someone is jealious...?
I think (as-soon-as-he's-elected) we'll see
him move fast concerning the wars to save money
and start the recovery from national debt. If
he doesn't I'll be very disappointed.
All the money "WE" can get our hands on @ this
time should be spent on recovering our economy!
Was this response directed to me, HH?

“"Living The Dream"”

Since: Sep 11

It Is What It Is

#6 Sep 9, 2012
Chilli J wrote:
Out of sight, out of mind? Mitt didn't serve. He chose to sit out 'Nam as a Mormon "missionary", living in a mansion in France. None of his sons chose to serve either. To the 1% fortunates, military service in dangerous places is for little people, the 99%.
It's been this way, at least since our Civil War. A cobbled-up mess of an economy, traitorous obstructionists on both sides of the aisle. Purposefully doing all they can do to sabotage the economy, putting their political party ahead of their country.
Mitt didn't mention our brave troops in Afghanistan and his better idea on how to get them home because he doesn't have one and doesn't know anyone who our operations there directly impact? I work with 1%ers. Many are nice folks, but they're the fortunate sons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IIgEF76rg4EXX&feature=fvs r
Look on the bright side of it, Romney dodged the draft, but at least he didn't schitt his pants like Uncle Ted did!lol.....

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Sep 9, 2012
Because Afghanistan is Obama's problem. GW Bush's timetable gets the troops out at the end of 2012, the month before Romney takes office.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Sep 9, 2012
Chilli J wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IIgEF76rg4EXX&feature=fvs r
Please, tell us about Obama's and Biden's military service. Especially Biden's repeated acquisition of Vietnam-era draft deferments.
JBH

Delta, Canada

#9 Sep 9, 2012
Because Afghanistan is BUSH AGENDA, as same Bush concept to liberate a country like Iraq and install a government there to then get out, OBAMA CARRIES IT BY ADDING more SOLDIERS TO COST more LIVES.

Romney can push time-table for withdrawal as Obama's wrongfulness in Afghanistan same as Bush wrongdoing in Iraq then.

Afghanistan is another Iraq that Obama is doing like Bush In Iraq, for committing crimes for doing wrong to the US and Afghanistan people besides harassing children, women there and torturing the people.

Location hidden

#10 Sep 9, 2012
Uh Clem wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, tell us about Obama's and Biden's military service. Especially Biden's repeated acquisition of Vietnam-era draft deferments.
Uh...no! But Biden's kid has served! Hate to burst your bubble, dude, but which Mitt would show up to be sworn in? Bright Blue State, at best Moderate Governor Mitt: pro-choice; pro gun control; Romneycare creator; big government; poor job growth; or the make-believe guy he's trying so hard to convince that he is, right now?

So you really trust a guy who swears he's done 180 degrees on a number of vital issues, some of them within the last 18 months? If so, how desperate are you to elect a REP? CONs entertain me, their gal or guy, Bachmann, Cain, Gingrich, Perry, Santorum, insert name here, flamed out and they so want Mitt to be him or her! LOL

Nice non-responsive response above, bud. Don't refute my comment, attack the other guy. I'm not in bed with CONs or LIBs. Are you?

“I won't be your hero.”

Vacaville, CA

#11 Sep 9, 2012
Who cares? Honestly, who cares who has or who doesn't have military service under their belts?

What is that going to do for the economy? The unemployment rate? Those are the top two concerns that need to be focused on. Both wars are winding down thanks to Bush's time table, let the Generals handle the war, they're more adept to handle the situation.

What we need is someone who can fix this economy. Obama surely didn't care enough to do it. They passed his stimulus packages that were suppose to keep unemployment rate from going over 8% and work it's way back down. What happened? It went over 8% and stayed over there. Nevermind the fact that the real number is higher then 11%

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#12 Sep 9, 2012
TOASTup wrote:
<quoted text> Look on the bright side of it, Romney dodged the draft, but at least he didn't schitt his pants like Uncle Ted did!lol.....
Yeah, but he's not the one running. And he's certifiable anyway.

Hypoluxo Fl

#13 Sep 9, 2012
JoshCham wrote:
Who cares? Honestly, who cares who has or who doesn't have military service under their belts?
What is that going to do for the economy? The unemployment rate? Those are the top two concerns that need to be focused on. Both wars are winding down thanks to Bush's time table, let the Generals handle the war, they're more adept to handle the situation.
What we need is someone who can fix this economy. Obama surely didn't care enough to do it. They passed his stimulus packages that were suppose to keep unemployment rate from going over 8% and work it's way back down. What happened? It went over 8% and stayed over there. Nevermind the fact that the real number is higher then 11%
I care. While Mittens was supporting the war, he was dodging the draft and eating quiche in France. Now if he gets elected, the Chickenhawk Sunshine Patriot wants to start a war with Iran. But before he does, he better drag his five gutless sons down to the recruiting office.

“I won't be your hero.”

Vacaville, CA

#15 Sep 9, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>I care. While Mittens was supporting the war, he was dodging the draft and eating quiche in France. Now if he gets elected, the Chickenhawk Sunshine Patriot wants to start a war with Iran. But before he does, he better drag his five gutless sons down to the recruiting office.
No you don't. You just want to make an issue out of nothing. None of these candidates have military service. Were you pisses about our Chickenhawk's starting a war in Lebanon? How about sending troops into the Congo? You're going to get pissed about Iran? The entire Middle East is in turmoil. The powder kegs are going off one by one and the most dangerous of them all is Iran. Who is making a nuke... with Russia's support. Hell China might be helping as well.

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#16 Sep 9, 2012
JoshCham wrote:
For the first time since 1932,neither presidential nor vice presidential canidates in either major party are veterans. Many veterans believe this is not a turn for the better.
Don Zilman president of University of Maine said "I would like to have someone in the white house who has had some period of military service.The nature of military experience is that it forces you into international thinking and beyond your own district.
John Nagl professor at the U.S. Navel Academy wrote "A commander-in-chief who has actually served on a battlefield has peerless personal experience and can make that decision{to go to war}with greater empathy forged in war they will work to build a better peace"... so I guess I CARE ... just my own humble opinion ...

Hypoluxo Fl

#17 Sep 9, 2012
JoshCham wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't. You just want to make an issue out of nothing. None of these candidates have military service. Were you pisses about our Chickenhawk's starting a war in Lebanon? How about sending troops into the Congo? You're going to get pissed about Iran? The entire Middle East is in turmoil. The powder kegs are going off one by one and the most dangerous of them all is Iran. Who is making a nuke... with Russia's support. Hell China might be helping as well.
No I don't? What are you? The spokesman for Mittens the draftdodger? 58,000 died while he was eating quiche and drinking bordeaux. He's a hypocrite. So are you. He supported the war and dodged the draft. Now he wants to start another one. And just which war in Lebanon did the US start?
Karl Thomas

Schaumburg, IL

#18 Sep 9, 2012
OH! You don't need to discuss the military and the troops in Afghanistan- our nations longest war- on the national stage, at the convention nominating you for POTUS, because you covered that talking to some American Legion guys the day before? And then you have the temerity to note that the sitting POTUS- who DID talk about the troops AND ending the war- didn't address the Legion like you did? OH!

Well, I guess he learned everything he needed to know about the military while he dodged the draft, in France.

“I won't be your hero.”

Vacaville, CA

#19 Sep 9, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>No I don't? What are you? The spokesman for Mittens the draftdodger? 58,000 died while he was eating quiche and drinking bordeaux. He's a hypocrite. So are you. He supported the war and dodged the draft. Now he wants to start another one. And just which war in Lebanon did the US start?
I don't see you raining your hell fire on the Joke in the office now. He hasn't served. Biden served, but you're willing to suck him off because his son served? Wow! Let me quote Biden 'big f-cking deal.' As for being called a hypocrite, that's fine. What am I being a hypocrite about? You seem to be the bigger one between the both of us since you'll sling your arrows at Romney while ignoring Obama.

With this piss poor economy, we're seeing high unemployment with service members who have come back. Guess what? With those wars supposedly coming to an end, there's going to be an even higher rate for them as well. The same goes for the rest of the country. So, instead of ignoring the situation like Obama has done, let's concentrate on a resounding problem that faces everyone - the economy.

Hypoluxo Fl

#20 Sep 9, 2012
JoshCham wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see you raining your hell fire on the Joke in the office now. He hasn't served. Biden served, but you're willing to suck him off because his son served? Wow! Let me quote Biden 'big f-cking deal.' As for being called a hypocrite, that's fine. What am I being a hypocrite about? You seem to be the bigger one between the both of us since you'll sling your arrows at Romney while ignoring Obama.
With this piss poor economy, we're seeing high unemployment with service members who have come back. Guess what? With those wars supposedly coming to an end, there's going to be an even higher rate for them as well. The same goes for the rest of the country. So, instead of ignoring the situation like Obama has done, let's concentrate on a resounding problem that faces everyone - the economy.
The man in office now didn't dodge the draft and didn't start any wars. Obama is not ignoring anything. He's trying to fix the mess Bush and 5 deferment Cheney got us into. The last thing we need is Mittens starting a war with Iran and sending every one elses kids to fight it but his own. There has never been anyone in the Romney clan that was ever in the military. Hypocrites, just like you. Wave the flag, but too afraid to defend it.

“I won't be your hero.”

Vacaville, CA

#21 Sep 9, 2012
Obama hasn't done jack squat other then screw up the economy even more. He fixed nothing his first year in office. How's that stimulus doing? You know, the one that was suppose to keep unemployment under 8% and have it gradually lower it back down. Yeah... that really helped. Then Obamacare.

He used the troops as a prop to keep people's attention away from his screw up. He focuses on social issues and returning to the rhetoric from his 2008 campaign because he chose to not fix them over Obamacare and paid the price for it in 2010.

I said plenty of times that if he decided to actually focus on the economy and get things working again, he would of had the Senate and the House throughout his entire term and the re-election would of been in the bag for him. From then on, he could of passed anything and everything his little heart desired and no one would of paid attention. Luckily he chose to screw up.

And it wasn't Lebanon, I was wrong. It was Libya he had an unauthorized war with. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/20...

But you keep being butt hurt over one person not serving while sucking off the one whose in office now who hasn't served. Hypocrite.
the truth

Lexington, KY

#23 Sep 10, 2012
JoshCham wrote:
Obama hasn't done jack squat other then screw up the economy even more. He fixed nothing his first year in office. How's that stimulus doing? You know, the one that was suppose to keep unemployment under 8% and have it gradually lower it back down. Yeah... that really helped. Then Obamacare.

He used the troops as a prop to keep people's attention away from his screw up. He focuses on social issues and returning to the rhetoric from his 2008 campaign because he chose to not fix them over Obamacare and paid the price for it in 2010.

I said plenty of times that if he decided to actually focus on the economy and get things working again, he would of had the Senate and the House throughout his entire term and the re-election would of been in the bag for him. From then on, he could of passed anything and everything his little heart desired and no one would of paid attention. Luckily he chose to screw up.

And it wasn't Lebanon, I was wrong. It was Libya he had an unauthorized war with. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/20...

But you keep being butt hurt over one person not serving while sucking off the one whose in office now who hasn't served. Hypocrite.
lol your so misconstrued its almost
Funny.
Obama has done more than nothing as you put it. At least democrats aren't refusing to play America. Republicans openly decided to do this, so Obama would look bad. My question to you is, Fo you want someone that will at
Least try, or do you wana pick the Mormon team that would rather hurt the country to make the opponent look bad?
Romney will kill us all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Kerry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope Francis acknowledges State of Palestine (May '14) Mar 4 WelbyMD 155
U.S. Appoints First-Ever Special Envoy For LGBT... Feb 24 Belle Sexton 8
not Ruled Out Kerry opens door to 2016 WH bid, ... Feb 10 sandy1 13
Kerry's breaking news to Russian minister: new ... Feb 8 Makes Sense 11
Utah GOP Lawmaker Apologizes for Questioning if... Feb 8 barefoot2626 39
Saudi Role in 9/11 Returns to Spotlight in Wash... Jan '15 DemocracyFirst 1
Hillary Clinton embraces Obamaa s failed Iran p... Dec '14 Tim 1
More from around the web