Supreme Court will hear gay marriage cases

Dec 7, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WOI-TV West Des Moines

This Oct. 18, 2012 file photo shows Edith Windsor interviewed at the offices of the New York Civil Liberties Union, in New York.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

The nations highest court, the same court that defines ObamaCare as a tax, when convenient can grant 'Same Sex Civil Unions' the same rights and liabilities as marriage.
Leaving the church and dictionary out of the political conversation.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

I really don't mind breaking this to you, but most dictionaries deserted you a few years ago and as far as the "church" goes, they remain free to determine who may and may not be married in their places of worship, they just don't get to dictate to the rest of us who our CIVIL RIGHT to marry includes. Sorry, but equality is happening whether you want it to or not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

I stand corrected. The problem is big government appetite.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Prepare to be corrected again, there is no problem, our nation is evolving to see all of us as equal, whether you like it or not. The only "big government" has been in the enactment of laws and amendments to punish folk for no other reason than their being gay. If you support restrictive marriage amendments or DOMA denying recognition to legally married same sex couples, YOU are a supporter of so-called "big government" and its worst instinct to interfere in people's lives.
TNmatt

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Rick in Kansas wrote:
I really don't mind breaking this to you, but most dictionaries deserted you a few years ago and as far as the "church" goes, they remain free to determine who may and may not be married in their places of worship, they just don't get to dictate to the rest of us who our CIVIL RIGHT to marry includes. Sorry, but equality is happening whether you want it to or not.
Ain't it great?!?!?!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

If and when the language of the Supreme Court is changed to recognize the committed civil union as a marriage, will the Progressives be satisfied so that everyone can return to work and be kind to one another?
dean

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

religion is pointless an irrelvnt i hope an wish for a world without religion

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

RayOne wrote:
The nations highest court, the same court that defines ObamaCare as a tax, when convenient can grant 'Same Sex Civil Unions' the same rights and liabilities as marriage.
Leaving the church and dictionary out of the political conversation.
You are a little confused.

The court called the individual mandate - a Republican idea originally - a tax, not the act itself. Really, the whole point of that was to ensure that everyone who can, pays for themselves. A good concept. Much better than relying on the government to support you, or stiffing emergency rooms every time you need care.

And why in the world would anyone accept having their marriage called something else, simply to please people who don't like them.

That's unAmerican.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

RayOne wrote:
If and when the language of the Supreme Court is changed to recognize the committed civil union as a marriage, will the Progressives be satisfied so that everyone can return to work and be kind to one another?
If it's recognized as a marriage, why would you still call it a civil union?

Just askin ...
Jim

Missoula, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

When God created man woman the firt marriage took place. So it don't matter what the courts say. God always has been and will be the judge of the highest court of the universe. Gods in charge.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Jim wrote:
When God created man woman the firt marriage took place. So it don't matter what the courts say. God always has been and will be the judge of the highest court of the universe. Gods in charge.
What about those who truly believe that God has a far different message for his lesbian and gay children than the one you have chosen to believe in and believe that the very same God you claim to believe in, blesses the marriages of same sex couples? To those faithful, what the courts say is very important, whether you choose to believe that or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••