Romney slams Obama, reflects on elect...

Romney slams Obama, reflects on election loss

There are 491 comments on the USA Today story from Mar 3, 2013, titled Romney slams Obama, reflects on election loss. In it, USA Today reports that:

Mitt Romney criticized President Obama for playing politics on the automatic budget cuts known as the sequester, in his first post-election TV interview.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#319 Mar 11, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...
We get it. You don't like Obama. Move on.
We get it, he's black and nothing he does or doesn't do matters. He's a bro.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#320 Mar 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Here's the thing:
Private insurance increases their premiums to keep up with costs of medical care. It's been going on for decades. Yet, Medicare has not taken any increase in contributions for years.
So what we currently have is a system of senior medical care where the contributions are less than the payouts for proper care for our elderly.
What's the solution? To increase the cost to working families to keep up with increasing medical care costs and retirement. But what politician will run on increased taxation for the working????
Look, if we insist on having these programs, then they have to be funded. It's as simple as that. So why don't Democrats insist on increased contributions? Because the populous would be angered. They would demand that the federal government get out of the retirement business and leave it to private industry; personal responsibility.
Democrats don't like personal responsibility. Personal responsibility means we have no need for Democrats. Republicans too would never run on increased contributions to fund our social safety net systems.
So we keep on going in a hole. And as we do, the hole gets bigger and bigger because it's not about what's logical, it's about telling people what they want to hear.
It's clear you have a specific problem with Democrats...
But give a pass to the morbid ignorance of the Repbulicans...

Fingerpointing will not help the problem. The systems set up for Social Security, Welfare, etc. actually help those in need in this country. You are just being a child about "democrats don't like personal responsibility", which is simply not true. That's just Faux news regurgitation and not factual.

If you put the energy into actually helping and not hating democrats, it would be a step in the right direction. While you shake your fist at our system, you waste time and energy that could be better focused on making yourself a better person by not being a juvenile about policies that this country has been living through for ages.

Brooklyn, New York

#321 Mar 11, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>We get it, he's black and nothing he does or doesn't do matters. He's a bro.
And you really think this statement will make people take you seriously, don't you?

His being bi-racial is a problem for you and until you can wash tht inbreeding redneck thinking away, you for ever remain woefully ignorant.

Which is fine, because the stupidity that you spew is a clear indication of your failure in life.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#322 Mar 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The real problem is that it's been used as a vote buying tool for years. Back in the late 70's through most of the 80's, I used to deliver and repair home medical equipment. As you might guess, we did a lot of work with Medicare and Medicaid patients.
Let's say we purchased an aluminum cane for around 20 bucks. We would rent that to people for 15 bucks per month. There was no limit on how long the patient could use that cane. In fact, government systems wouldn't even allow us to sell it to the patient under Medicare or Medicaid. They made us rent it to the patients. After the first month or so, everything was 100% profit. It was the same way with hospital beds, commodes, trapeze's, pressure pads for the bed, oxygen gauges, wheelchairs, wheelchair pads, and the list goes on and on.
Of course the system went broke. How could it not? So one day I was having a discussion with my cousin who's a research doctor and told her of how government setup the system to be ripped off. Mind you, she's a very liberal woman. She wrote back "You haven't seen anything yet!"
Okay everybody had their fun, everybody made a lot of money, but now the system is shot. What do we do now?
same with these scooters for fat, disabled people...check out the scooter store, they just got caught...but it was good while it lasted.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#323 Mar 11, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
same with these scooters for fat, disabled people...check out the scooter store, they just got caught...but it was good while it lasted.
Now how are you going to get to sis's bedroom?
serfs up

Merritt Island, FL

#324 Mar 11, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Now how are you going to get to sis's bedroom?
The Germans answered that many decades go.. You are just are arrogant and shameful while you get others to do your dirty deeds in todays world. when the accusations and the people take you up on what you have done...you will get defensive and much less arrogant. Unfortunately many will dies again in the world. You evil piece of scum.

Hypoluxo Fl

#325 Mar 11, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> The Germans answered that many decades go.. You are just are arrogant and shameful while you get others to do your dirty deeds in todays world. when the accusations and the people take you up on what you have done...you will get defensive and much less arrogant. Unfortunately many will dies again in the world. You evil piece of scum.
Drivel.
serfs up

Merritt Island, FL

#326 Mar 11, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Drivel.
Thats your family as they are exterminated . Screaming begging drivel. You are your own worse enemy. And when men are pushed far enough your begging will go unheeded. Of course you will sell out your own you macho beast you. I love messing with you. Its fun.

Alpharetta, GA

#327 Mar 11, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Now how are you going to get to sis's bedroom?
I'm gonna disconnect my oxygen tank, unhook my colostomy bag, and rise up outta this wheelchair and drag my shriveled up self in there. It will be worth it. Don't you wish you had a sis like mine?

Hypoluxo Fl

#328 Mar 11, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Thats your family as they are exterminated . Screaming begging drivel. You are your own worse enemy. And when men are pushed far enough your begging will go unheeded. Of course you will sell out your own you macho beast you. I love messing with you. Its fun.
More incomprehensible "serf's out of his mind" drvel.

Hypoluxo Fl

#329 Mar 11, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna disconnect my oxygen tank, unhook my colostomy bag, and rise up outta this wheelchair and drag my shriveled up self in there. It will be worth it. Don't you wish you had a sis like mine?
I don't think sis is going to like that unhooked colostomy bag.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#330 Mar 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. Find a credible source that disputes their claim. I'll be happy to look at it.
You are missing the point. While you can claim that taxing the rich at higher rates will not, in and of itself, raise enough money to pay off the onerous federal debt, it does have other consequences.

For example, when tax rates go higher, the rich look for ways to shelter their taxes, just like anyone would. Historically they would keep the money in their companies, grow the company, hire more employees, look for new markets, etc. That way they would still have control over more and more money, but could avoid the taxes.

The advantage to the economy is that the companies grow more than they otherwise would. The people running the company put the money into growth instead of foreign bank accounts. Lobbyists push for growth policies instead of money protection policies. Since the companies are growing, there are more jobs and unemployment drops. When more people are working instead of on welfare, government spending goes down. When people are working instead of on the dole, they have a better image of themselves and their lives improve. When there are jobs to be found, instead of staying at a bad job, people move to better jobs; at higher salaries. When people earn more, they pay more in taxes and the GOP federal debt is paid off.

So a higher tax rate on the very wealthy results in an improved economy, but without the rich really paying more in taxes. You can't just kill the economy for the middle class and expect the rich will simply find new sources to increase their wealth.

Alpharetta, GA

#331 Mar 11, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think sis is going to like that unhooked colostomy bag.
depends.

Alpharetta, GA

#332 Mar 11, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think sis is going to like that unhooked colostomy bag.
no kidding...whenever it breaks, it reminds me that I should stop eating so much mexican food.
serfs up

Merritt Island, FL

#333 Mar 11, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>More incomprehensible "serf's out of his mind" drvel.
Thats knowing who the real enemy is. They are always the ones in control and see no fault in their own ways of thinking. As the economy continues to decline you will be taken to task. And then you will sell out others for your own stinking carcass. Crapping on people who took care of their own without questions to who you think do no wrong. They have no faults. Yet cost much of our culture. Only the final months or so of an elderly person's life in a medical setting can even come close to what has been the true cost to Americans for the progressive way. And the death panels when they arrive will take care of that. the truth is the truth. You driveling genetically deficient mongolian idiot living off of your fast tracked privy life.

Brooklyn, New York

#335 Mar 11, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Pro-gun voters put heat on Dems...

Obama staying out of negotiations... Obama again comes in with all the pretty speeches against guns and the second amendment, then runs and hides before the fingers start pointing to him to be accountable for attacking the constatution and breaking his oath once more.
Republicans actually piss on the constitution...

Bush violated 750 constitutional laws.
Repubs in Arkansas pissed on the constitution just last week...

Is it my fault that you are a sheep with a hand up your arse?

Hypoluxo Fl

#336 Mar 11, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
depends.
When you take them off, she won't like that either.

Hypoluxo Fl

#337 Mar 11, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Thats knowing who the real enemy is. They are always the ones in control and see no fault in their own ways of thinking. As the economy continues to decline you will be taken to task. And then you will sell out others for your own stinking carcass. Crapping on people who took care of their own without questions to who you think do no wrong. They have no faults. Yet cost much of our culture. Only the final months or so of an elderly person's life in a medical setting can even come close to what has been the true cost to Americans for the progressive way. And the death panels when they arrive will take care of that. the truth is the truth. You driveling genetically deficient mongolian idiot living off of your fast tracked privy life.
More incomprehensible "serf's out of his mind" drvel

Hypoluxo Fl

#338 Mar 11, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
no kidding...whenever it breaks, it reminds me that I should stop eating so much mexican food.
And here I thought it was all that possum stew.

Alpharetta, GA

#339 Mar 11, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>And here I thought it was all that possum stew.
you are right, it could be that....roadkill is ok if you get to it before it turns...in the heat, you gotta get to it before more than 2-3 days, or it goes bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Kerry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kerry defends Obama in Israel (Jun '08) Aug 12 The Worlds Bigges... 19
News Kerry takes $1M challenge to disprove Swift Boa... (Nov '07) Jun '17 CEO 2
News Report claims Valerie Jarrett leaked Clinton's ... (Mar '15) Jun '17 Sorosing On 17
News Cohen: Democrats must come to their senses Jun '17 Fed Up in North C... 1
News Left-leaning Scarlett Johansson Accused of 'Whi... Apr '17 Dr Modi 1
News Climate change should not be 'partisan issue,' ... (Jan '17) Feb '17 tina anne 174
News Palestinians say Trump freezes Obama's last-min... (Jan '17) Jan '17 payola 3
More from around the web