Romney slams Obama, reflects on election loss

Mar 3, 2013 Full story: USA Today 491

Mitt Romney criticized President Obama for playing politics on the automatic budget cuts known as the sequester, in his first post-election TV interview.

Full Story
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#278 Mar 9, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Your neo-con babble is entertaining but hardly factual.
CDs, some off shore accounts are going to insure my retirement so I'm all set, champ...
Social security has always been a target for republicans because they don't want to have to pay hard working Americans when we get old, nothing more...Cheap ass misers is all that adds up to.
You go ahead and depend on those "smart investments" in the stock market...That's like betting on horses... LOL!!!!
My retirement money is handled by one of the best investment firms in the business. It's doing quite well actually. But you are wrong about Social Security. Currently, we are paying more out in SS payments than we are collecting. How can you say it's a target when it's been reported on by the left and the right? Medicare is another one. In fact, more and more doctors are refusing to treat new government patients because the feds pay half to two-thirds of the money they owe to providers. Nobody can stay in business that way.

Glad you are setup with your retirement, because by the time you reach age, social security won't be there to help.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#279 Mar 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
My retirement money is handled by one of the best investment firms in the business. It's doing quite well actually. But you are wrong about Social Security. Currently, we are paying more out in SS payments than we are collecting. How can you say it's a target when it's been reported on by the left and the right? Medicare is another one. In fact, more and more doctors are refusing to treat new government patients because the feds pay half to two-thirds of the money they owe to providers. Nobody can stay in business that way.
Glad you are setup with your retirement, because by the time you reach age, social security won't be there to help.
You don't know jack shit about Medicare.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#280 Mar 9, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know jack shit about Medicare.
I don't? I only worked in the business dealing with medicare for ten years. That's not enough?

Maybe it's you that doesn't know jack shit about Medicare. Here, why don't you start learning?

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/health/jan-jun...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/23/60m...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/health/poli...

http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/2047579/e...

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#281 Mar 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my point. It has changed and changed for the worst.
My father (now 84 years old) was on welfare when he was a kid. They lived in a house with no electricity or plumbing. He and his five siblings slept by the fireplace all winter long. Welfare back then was a red wagon that you pulled to the gas station where they filled it up with fruits and vegetables.
I see. So you maintain that the "Good Old Days," to which you obviously long to return, would look like large families living with no electricity nor plumbing, sleeping by the fireplace all winter long?

That is SO 1930s! There are plenty of undeveloped countries to which you are free to emigrate -- and leave a more Modern lifestyle to those who wish it.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#282 Mar 9, 2013
Madaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So you maintain that the "Good Old Days," to which you obviously long to return, would look like large families living with no electricity nor plumbing, sleeping by the fireplace all winter long?
That is SO 1930s! There are plenty of undeveloped countries to which you are free to emigrate -- and leave a more Modern lifestyle to those who wish it.
A wish? Is that what it is?

Tell me, who is paying for this modern lifestyle you speak of? Better yet, who are we borrowing money from to accommodate this lifestyle? One more: is this lifestyle worth bankrupting the entire country?

The truth of the matter is that lowlifes who don't want to work live better than many working Americans. They eat better, have better healthcare for themselves and their family, live in larger homes with more amenities than some working, and even have their utilities paid by the working.

Oh yes, and those government cell phones? Who do you think pays for that? For crying out loud, our so-called poor have cell phones with 250 anytime minutes to talk with their lowlife family and friends.

Our founders never intended this country to have a citizenry totally dependent on the government. Dependency is slavery.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, that grants Congress the right of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison. Annals of Congress, 1794.

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#283 Mar 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
A wish? Is that what it is?
Tell me, who is paying for this modern lifestyle you speak of? Better yet, who are we borrowing money from to accommodate this lifestyle? One more: is this lifestyle worth bankrupting the entire country?
The truth of the matter is .....
The "welfare" component of the Federal budget is miniscule -- about 2%. Totally eliminating it would not make ANY difference in the deficit nor debt -- but it makes a GREAT DIFFERENCE for those who need it.

You use the poor/disabled as a scapegoat for what ails the country. This is HARDLY original -- this was done on a large scale with people of a certain religious background once blamed for ALL of their country's ills -- and did not turn out well. Apparently, you would like to the conditions of biblical times, with throngs of beggars lining the streets, and poor people routinely dying of starvation and untreated diseases; resulting in life spans of 25-30 years. Don't forget the highwaymen randomly robbing and killing travelers -- making both travel and shipping highly hazardous.

Yeah, the Good Old Days of small government and no taxes!
celticwarriors

Bradenton, FL

#284 Mar 9, 2013
Rmoney who? What's his name? Willard Snickle? Why isn't he and his wife gone already??
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#285 Mar 9, 2013
Madaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The "welfare" component of the Federal budget is miniscule -- about 2%. Totally eliminating it would not make ANY difference in the deficit nor debt -- but it makes a GREAT DIFFERENCE for those who need it.
Really now? Then do tell, DumBama's proposal was to increase taxes on those making $250,000 or better. The additional income would have been less than 80 billion per year. Yet, we spend more than that on food stamps annually. So how would this tax increase make any difference in debt or deficits????

Learn something for a change. Our federal spending on "benevolence" is ruining this country:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/645200978/...
Card Carrying Zionist

Fountain Valley, CA

#286 Mar 9, 2013
Madaman wrote:
...Apparently, you would like to the conditions of biblical times, with throngs of beggars lining the streets, and poor people routinely dying of starvation and untreated diseases; resulting in life spans of 25-30 years. Don't forget the highwaymen randomly robbing and killing travelers -- making both travel and shipping highly hazardous. Yeah, the Good Old Days of small government and no taxes!
The Roman Empire brought plenty of big government (e.g. public works), infrastructure, great security -- the Pax Romana, and even popular sports. Of course, personal liberty, religious freedom, democracy, etc. went out the window.

Hypoluxo Fl

#287 Mar 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't? I only worked in the business dealing with medicare for ten years. That's not enough?
Maybe it's you that doesn't know jack shit about Medicare. Here, why don't you start learning?
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/health/jan-jun...
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/23/60m...
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/health/poli...
http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/2047579/e...
I learned enough from my governor. Rick "I only took the fifth 75 times" and I am the largest Medicare ripoff artist on record. By the way, I've been on Medicare for the last ten years, and no doctor ever has refused treatment.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#288 Mar 9, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know jack shit about Medicare.
it increased the US debt by 7 trillion dollars in 2003 because of the Republicans Medicare Part D so that there tells its a failed entitlement program.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#289 Mar 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>One of bushie's plans was to privatize SS and put the money into the stock market son.
I understand why the need to Privatize Social Security because it has to do with 2 SCOTUS case ruling in Flemming v. Nestor and Helvering v. Davis and any thing that is formulated as a tax is affected by these two SCOTUS rulings and Medicare would be affected same way as Social Security because it is based on a tax.

Social Security’s Sham Guarantee

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/s...

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#290 Mar 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>My retirement money is handled by one of the best investment firms in the business. It's doing quite well actually. But you are wrong about Social Security. Currently, we are paying more out in SS payments than we are collecting. How can you say it's a target when it's been reported on by the left and the right? Medicare is another one. In fact, more and more doctors are refusing to treat new government patients because the feds pay half to two-thirds of the money they owe to providers. Nobody can stay in business that way.

Social Security will be fine.
It's the cost of living at that time is what concerns me.
Things that cost 10 dollars now will be triple in my old age.
Don Joe

Maple Grove, MN

#291 Mar 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Really now? Then do tell, DumBama's proposal was to increase taxes on those making $250,000 or better. The additional income would have been less than 80 billion per year. Yet, we spend more than that on food stamps annually. So how would this tax increase make any difference in debt or deficits????
Learn something for a change. Our federal spending on "benevolence" is ruining this country:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/645200978/...
deseret news? You post a Mormon newspaper?? They are way out whacko republican. There is no way they would be non-partisan.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#292 Mar 10, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>I learned enough from my governor. Rick "I only took the fifth 75 times" and I am the largest Medicare ripoff artist on record. By the way, I've been on Medicare for the last ten years, and no doctor ever has refused treatment.
Your current providers won't. But if you need to go to a new facility and doctor, you might find trouble getting in there. The video is from PBS. They are hardly what you might consider a right-wing organization. And, if you go to Google, you will find countless stories just like the ones I posted.

Here's another one from USA Today back in 2010, again, very left leaning usually:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washingto...

I can post dozens of them. If you're not experiencing any problems, then I say good for you. But that doesn't mean it's not happening or it won't happen to you in the near future. And if you are ripping off Medicare, then you are part of the demise.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#293 Mar 10, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Social Security will be fine.
It's the cost of living at that time is what concerns me.
Things that cost 10 dollars now will be triple in my old age.
Depending on how old you are now, you might not be able to collect a dime. I'm 52 years old, and they want me to work until I'm 67 before I can collect. For younger people, the average lifespan will increase so they will have to work until 70 or older. Mind you, it's the Democrats who are behind this because even they know SS is heading for a brick wall unless we do something to TRY and save it.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#294 Mar 10, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
deseret news? You post a Mormon newspaper?? They are way out whacko republican. There is no way they would be non-partisan.
Fair enough. Find a credible source that disputes their claim. I'll be happy to look at it.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#295 Mar 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>Depending on how old you are now, you might not be able to collect a dime. I'm 52 years old, and they want me to work until I'm 67 before I can collect. For younger people, the average lifespan will increase so they will have to work until 70 or older. Mind you, it's the Democrats who are behind this because even they know SS is heading for a brick wall unless we do something to TRY and save it.

It's been well documented for the longest that SS will not take care of you in your golden years...
Try and invest smartly, save your pennies, and stay healthy as you can.

The rest is in Gods hands.

Hypoluxo Fl

#296 Mar 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Your current providers won't. But if you need to go to a new facility and doctor, you might find trouble getting in there. The video is from PBS. They are hardly what you might consider a right-wing organization. And, if you go to Google, you will find countless stories just like the ones I posted.
Here's another one from USA Today back in 2010, again, very left leaning usually:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washingto...
I can post dozens of them. If you're not experiencing any problems, then I say good for you. But that doesn't mean it's not happening or it won't happen to you in the near future. And if you are ripping off Medicare, then you are part of the demise.
No one I know on Medicare has any of the so called "problems" you keep referring to. You can post all the dozens of whatever you want. And patients don't rip off Medicare or Medicaid. It's teabag ripoff artists like Rick Scott that do that. How do you think he made his millions? The Constitution gives you the right not to incriminate yourself under the fifth amendment. However, when Rick did that 75 times, would you think maybe he had a lot of shit to hide?

Hypoluxo Fl

#297 Mar 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on how old you are now, you might not be able to collect a dime. I'm 52 years old, and they want me to work until I'm 67 before I can collect. For younger people, the average lifespan will increase so they will have to work until 70 or older. Mind you, it's the Democrats who are behind this because even they know SS is heading for a brick wall unless we do something to TRY and save it.
Lyin' Ryan and the rest of the teabaggers don't want to save it. They want to get rid of it and have you invest a vocher in a private account. Why don't you buy some Enron stock?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Kerry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Military nears holy grail: Pizza that lasts years (Feb '14) 2 hr JoeBaker 5
Pope Francis acknowledges State of Palestine Wed Mandela 130
GOP's 41st senator gets movie star's greeting (Jan '10) Wed strokeofirish 224
Student made to go hungry after school cafeteri... Oct 5 Bama Yankee 1
US says American held in Syria has been freed Aug '14 the future is bright 3
Kidnappers free American missing in Syria since... Aug '14 American_Infidel 3
Fear of Reading Aug '14 Proud Yankee 12

John Kerry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE