Romney slams Obama, reflects on election loss

Mar 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: USA Today

Mitt Romney criticized President Obama for playing politics on the automatic budget cuts known as the sequester, in his first post-election TV interview.

Comments
201 - 220 of 491 Comments Last updated Mar 27, 2013
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#215
Mar 6, 2013
 
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that more people voted against a candidate or party in the past election then in any that I can recall.
The number of independent vote repelled by 'legitimate rape'...ect probably exceed the margin that Obama won by.
Also using Howard Stern as a credible source of information shows us something
I think it's a mixture and has normally been that way... the older generation being more conservative while the younger wanting more options.

I suspect it's the 30 - 49 y/o that are the game changers.

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#216
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! The tea-p is why conservatives are in trouble son.
If they're as good and strong as some like you claim, they should break off the conservative teet and do their own thing. But unfortunately for them, they're just a parasite for the GOP.
Exactly right. All they have done is brought everything to a grinding halt. They don't know how the game is played and are mostly a bunch of trouble makers.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#217
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I was not a big Romney fan. I always thought he was a RINO and always will be. But let's look at the last election from a private industry point of view.
You have a company CEO who has a four year contract so he virtually can't be fired. Now his contract is up, and it's up to the company to renew it for another four years.
Looking at his past record, he made the company less credit worthy. No new employment was gained and in fact, people had to get laid off. He inflicted massive debt and insists it's the last CEO's fault right up to the fourth year. His lies about what he planned on doing with the company are countless, and now places the current company woes on the people in the company board.
So it's renew his contract for another four years, or a new applicant for the job that was quite successful in his life. A man who never smoked, took a drink, never was involved in illegal narcotics unlike the current CEO who admitted to such illegal activity. You're not sure about him, but given the two choices, which is the smart one?
two big problems here:

One, your assessment of the serving CEO, presumably intended to represent Obama, is absurdly false and distorted. For example, you claim "he made the company less credit worthy," and yet our credit rating went down as a result of GOPee game-playing with the deficit ceiling. You claim he "inflicted massive debt," and yet the debt came about because he pushed for an economic plan that helped prevent the country's/company's near-collapse.

Secondly, you compare the other CEO candidate, presumably intended to be Romney, based on his PERSONAL behavior - not drinking, smoking, using drugs as a youth, etc. What are the other candidates ECONOMIC credentials, other than that he ran a much, MUCH smaller enterprise?

Poor reasoning on your part, IMO.

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#218
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
two big problems here:
One, your assessment of the serving CEO, presumably intended to represent Obama, is absurdly false and distorted. For example, you claim "he made the company less credit worthy," and yet our credit rating went down as a result of GOPee game-playing with the deficit ceiling. You claim he "inflicted massive debt," and yet the debt came about because he pushed for an economic plan that helped prevent the country's/company's near-collapse.
Secondly, you compare the other CEO candidate, presumably intended to be Romney, based on his PERSONAL behavior - not drinking, smoking, using drugs as a youth, etc. What are the other candidates ECONOMIC credentials, other than that he ran a much, MUCH smaller enterprise?
Poor reasoning on your part, IMO.
You forgot to add that XXXRAY obviously doesn't know how government works or how they incur debt. Much of the debt was not actually realized until the time passed for it to be. Federal governments do not operate like companies. It just doesn't work that way. And never will, so why they keep trying to put the square peg in the round hole is beyond me. And he also left out some not so nice parts of his past behavior, such as cutting off someones hair because they were not the type that he found acceptable. And he is another in a long line of politicians that are not putting the country's interests ahead of big business and the wealthy. Sadly the GOP does not hold a monopoly on this.
Card Carrying Zionist

Fountain Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#219
Mar 6, 2013
 
nobama wrote:
Big government?? Not Romney. Thats Obama. We need the TEA party.
It absolutely is Romney. He is not, and never has been a Tea Partier. He spawned Romneycare, thus laying the groundwork for-- and validating -- Obamacare. He supported TARP and could barely articulate in what way he differed from President Bush. On top of that, he picked a running mate who served for years in the House as yes-man for the Bush welfare state, loyally supporting TARP, Patriot Act, Medicare Part D, NCLB, airline bailout, etc. If big government is wrong, it is wrong whether it is propogated by a Democrat or a Republican. But if we can only hold the other side accountable, but make excuses when our own side has its hands in the cookie jar, then we are littl more than demagogues.
Card Carrying Zionist

Fountain Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220
Mar 6, 2013
 
Yeah wrote:
lol! The tea-p is why conservatives are in trouble son. If they're as good and strong as some like you claim, they should break off the conservative teet and do their own thing. But unfortunately for them, they're just a parasite for the GOP.
If so, then the GOP should have a great winning record nominating more centrist standard bearers like Romney, McCain, Dole, Ford, etc. Even when centrist Republicans win it has been because of Reagan's after glow (Bush in '88), without the popular vote (Bush in '00) or with post-9/11 rallying around the flag. And two of the cases, the Democrats nominated someone who couldn't keep his foot out of their mouth (Dukakis and Kerry).
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#221
Mar 6, 2013
 
Card Carrying Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
If so, then the GOP should have a great winning record nominating more centrist standard bearers like Romney, McCain, Dole, Ford, etc. Even when centrist Republicans win it has been because of Reagan's after glow (Bush in '88), without the popular vote (Bush in '00) or with post-9/11 rallying around the flag. And two of the cases, the Democrats nominated someone who couldn't keep his foot out of their mouth (Dukakis and Kerry).
If you get rid of the likes of the tea-p? I'd say so.

But they just don't "play well" together.

Murkowski beating Miller in Alaska is a great example of strong selective voting, but poor general appeal.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#222
Mar 6, 2013
 
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's a mixture and has normally been that way... the older generation being more conservative while the younger wanting more options.
I suspect it's the 30 - 49 y/o that are the game changers.
I may not have use conservative to describe us AARP types.
More like stuck in their familiar patterns, or stubborn if you will.
I would venture that we are the demographic least likely to change their philosophy. Most get stuck with what they brought into the golden years.

I think you are correct on this.
But I firmly believe that recently, from 1992 on voters began to vote against a party or a candidate, more than any point in my life time.
Such that absurd slanders are the ammo of choice in our political wars.
Mr Big Bad John Roberts

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#223
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
DumBama is not black. He is a Mulatto. I know you don't like to think about his white half though. LOL!
Yo' piss rated, talk about the Black president being White will get your monkey azz booted out of duh klan you stupid COONservative yard monkey. Besides, your dumb azz answered on your klan exam that the president is Black.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#224
Mar 6, 2013
 
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
I may not have use conservative to describe us AARP types.
More like stuck in their familiar patterns, or stubborn if you will.
I would venture that we are the demographic least likely to change their philosophy. Most get stuck with what they brought into the golden years.
I think you are correct on this.
But I firmly believe that recently, from 1992 on voters began to vote against a party or a candidate, more than any point in my life time.
Such that absurd slanders are the ammo of choice in our political wars.
I disagree. I think the AARP group are a more active bunch who are thinkers. But they're also more apt to protect what they have so they can maintain their familiar environment, as opposed to the 20 something crowd who are more than willing to try something new.

Party activism isn't anything new. Perhaps you perceive the voting style because of the rhetoric and advertising that goes on by everyone. One thing I know for sure... politics is now big business with a lot of money in the pot.

It's rather mind boggling how much is being spent.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#226
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. I think the AARP group are a more active bunch who are thinkers. But they're also more apt to protect what they have so they can maintain their familiar environment, as opposed to the 20 something crowd who are more than willing to try something new.
I guess that's why they are bunch of thieves and liars.

AARP has been sending me garbage in the mail for over a year now. I'm only 52 years old, but that doesn't stop them. I wrote and called them to kindly ask that they not send any more solicitations to my home. They kept right on sending them. So I simply ignored them and threw them away.

Next thing you know, AARP signed me up as a member without my consent. They couldn't charge me anything of course, but their dishonesty tells you how they operate.

Along with my name, they use millions like me to lie about their membership. People who are automatically considered AARP members who didn't want to be.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#227
Mar 6, 2013
 
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You know... there is another election coming up in the Vatican.
Think Romney has a chance?
The pope doesn't wear magic underwear.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to add that XXXRAY obviously doesn't know how government works or how they incur debt. Much of the debt was not actually realized until the time passed for it to be. Federal governments do not operate like companies. It just doesn't work that way. And never will, so why they keep trying to put the square peg in the round hole is beyond me. And he also left out some not so nice parts of his past behavior, such as cutting off someones hair because they were not the type that he found acceptable. And he is another in a long line of politicians that are not putting the country's interests ahead of big business and the wealthy. Sadly the GOP does not hold a monopoly on this.
Amazing that the left had to retort to high-school pranks back in the 60's to try and make an honest man dishonest.

The problem with our country is that it's not run like a business. If our country was run by business people, they would be successful like most businesses. Let politicians run business like they run the country, we wouldn't have any businesses at all.

I'm glad the citizens of my state of Ohio finally realized that. When we had enough of professional politicians, we elected a businessman to run our state. He's done pretty good so far. Our unemployment rate is about one percent of the national unemployment rate. He took us from an 8 billion dollar deficit and now we are working on a rainy day fund. He has kept businesses here and making it more inviting for other businesses to come to Ohio. Is Kasich perfect? No. But we are in much better shape than the last few decades of professional politicians.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
two big problems here:
One, your assessment of the serving CEO, presumably intended to represent Obama, is absurdly false and distorted. For example, you claim "he made the company less credit worthy," and yet our credit rating went down as a result of GOPee game-playing with the deficit ceiling. You claim he "inflicted massive debt," and yet the debt came about because he pushed for an economic plan that helped prevent the country's/company's near-collapse.
Secondly, you compare the other CEO candidate, presumably intended to be Romney, based on his PERSONAL behavior - not drinking, smoking, using drugs as a youth, etc. What are the other candidates ECONOMIC credentials, other than that he ran a much, MUCH smaller enterprise?
Poor reasoning on your part, IMO.
Romney is a huge success in life. He started Bain Capital and the company is still a success today. How do you think CEO's get those multi-million dollar contracts and bonuses? That's right, from their past performances just like musicians, football players, baseball players, basketball players, actors and actresses.

Okay, so it was on a smaller scale. But what accomplishments has DumBama made on a smaller scale? Community organizer? A year or so in the US Senate? A state representative where he voted "present" most of the time? How can anybody compare these two candidates, especially after DumBama's failed first term presidency?

It's nothing more than urban legend saying that DumBama did anything for this country such as avoiding a depression. Where is the proof of this? The so-called economic package was nothing but a complete failure. The GOP Congress took a stance to stop idiotic spending. DumBama couldn't do it back then no more than he can do it today. That's why we lost our three-star credit rating for the first time in US history.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#230
Mar 6, 2013
 
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. I think the AARP group are a more active bunch who are thinkers. But they're also more apt to protect what they have so they can maintain their familiar environment, as opposed to the 20 something crowd who are more than willing to try something new.
Party activism isn't anything new. Perhaps you perceive the voting style because of the rhetoric and advertising that goes on by everyone. One thing I know for sure... politics is now big business with a lot of money in the pot.
It's rather mind boggling how much is being spent.
Protecting what you have is a conservative trait...

The masses of money is amazing.
It is also easily the most corrupting influence, there is on politics.
That money is what has helped to bring about the negativity.
The second factor is that the game has changed in another way.
In the past the parties and major players wanted at least a little distance between them and the mud slinging they still want that distance but the rising tide of negativity engulfs them all.

The reason that i pick 1992 as a watershed is the election of Bill Clinton. He aired his dirty laundry before the election, the Democrats chose him knowing that their man was very flawed and vulnerable. Thus they almost dared the GOP to do something about it.
When Monica-gate became major news Gingrich made it clear that he was going to file charges come hell or high water, and so it was.
The galling sight of a gaggle of adulterers hunting down an adulterer and impeaching him for adultery.
The word hypocrisy was made for that picture.
The sight of Gingrich who's marital record makes Clinton look like a monk smugly leading the charge was gross

The fact was all parties were guilty. The partisans on either side after this point began to become unhinged.
Party activism isn't new but all the participants admit the game is uglier than it once was.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#231
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Protecting what you have is a conservative trait...
The masses of money is amazing.
It is also easily the most corrupting influence, there is on politics.
That money is what has helped to bring about the negativity.
The second factor is that the game has changed in another way.
In the past the parties and major players wanted at least a little distance between them and the mud slinging they still want that distance but the rising tide of negativity engulfs them all.
The reason that i pick 1992 as a watershed is the election of Bill Clinton. He aired his dirty laundry before the election, the Democrats chose him knowing that their man was very flawed and vulnerable. Thus they almost dared the GOP to do something about it.
When Monica-gate became major news Gingrich made it clear that he was going to file charges come hell or high water, and so it was.
The galling sight of a gaggle of adulterers hunting down an adulterer and impeaching him for adultery.
The word hypocrisy was made for that picture.
The sight of Gingrich who's marital record makes Clinton look like a monk smugly leading the charge was gross
The fact was all parties were guilty. The partisans on either side after this point began to become unhinged.
Party activism isn't new but all the participants admit the game is uglier than it once was.
Except for the fact that there is nothing anybody can do about adultery. That's not what the impeachment was about. It's what the left was promoting, but absolutely no truth to it.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#232
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! The tea-p is why conservatives are in trouble son.
If they're as good and strong as some like you claim, they should break off the conservative teet and do their own thing. But unfortunately for them, they're just a parasite for the GOP.
I'm sure you would love that: the Republicans breaking off into two separate parties so they never win another election again. That's exactly what the GOP fears which is why they pander to the TP. Mind you, the TP was the energy behind the Congressional turnaround in 2010. They are far from dead.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#233
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You know... there is another election coming up in the Vatican.
Think Romney has a chance?
A much better one than "kill-babies" Obama.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#234
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Son of SickNTired wrote:
I find it kind of funny that the "Tea Party" is all about small government, yet they don't bring to the table any actual real world ideas that won't send the country into a real civil war. The "tea party" is full of dolts and morons that have no real idea how a country is run successfully. Countries are not businesses that have one person or a small group of people that call all the shots who are not answerable to anyone. Is giving welfare to generations of the same families a good idea? Of course not. Is this happening as much as the "tea party" would like us to believe? No it isn't. And why is corporate welfare OK in a "free market" "capitalist" economy? Why are these great patriots OK with trade agreements that get rid of tariffs?
History actually.

George Bush was being called out early in his first term about imported steel that was killing our steel industry. To pander to those union boys, he imposed a tariff on imported steel. In return, those countries imposed a tariff on our exported goods to their country. You can't win a fight with tariffs.

True, the TP is about smaller government, but they are more about being constitutionalists. Unlike the Wall Street protestors, people in the TP are civilized and considered intelligent people; at least that's the claim from the evil right-wing New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/us/politics...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#235
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that more people voted against a candidate or party in the past election then in any that I can recall.
The number of independent vote repelled by 'legitimate rape'...ect probably exceed the margin that Obama won by.
Also using Howard Stern as a credible source of information shows us something
I used to listen to Howard Stern, but I couldn't put up with his leftist views any longer. I still have my satellite radio because I enjoy the political channels and music.

That being said, it's an eye-opener when a leftist like Howard actually does something like this. Now, if Bill O' or Hannity came out with this, I could understand your skepticism.

You are correct on one thing: we don't vote for a candidate because we like what he or she is about. We vote to keep the opposing candidate out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent John Kerry Discussions

Search the John Kerry Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon SeniorPersonalsDating 102
John Kerry Condemns Global Anti-Gay Violence Jul 20 Gremlin 3
Bergdahl's hometown blindsided by hatred in wak... Jul 20 Kanye 5
US hosts talks to save oceans under 'siege' Jun '14 Eighthman 8
'Birther' book soars (May '11) Jun '14 Lada Zhiguli 246
Pope Francis acknowledges State of Palestine Jun '14 serfs up 93
Kerry calls on U.S. college graduates to face d... May '14 Responsibility 26
•••
•••