Advocate: US decision on Taiwan F-16 ...

Advocate: US decision on Taiwan F-16 sales Oct. 1

There are 40 comments on the Boston.com story from Jul 22, 2011, titled Advocate: US decision on Taiwan F-16 sales Oct. 1. In it, Boston.com reports that:

A Washington-area advocate for the sale of U.S.-made F-16 fighter jets to Taiwan said Friday that a decision on the deal will come soon -- and it looks like the answer may be no.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1 Jul 22, 2011
More of Obama kissing the communist chinese's ass.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 22, 2011
Given that Taiwan will soon be part of China, hopefully peacefully, selling them even F-16s would be like giving those planes to the Chinese.

I vote 'no.'
harvey

Columbus, OH

#4 Jul 22, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
More idiocy from le Thimblebrain. No comment on THIS part of the story, I see:

"In exchange for agreeing to the deadline, the official said -- and for Clinton arranging for the release of a long-delayed Pentagon report on Taiwan's air force capabilities -- Cornyn will remove the Senate hold he has imposed on the nomination of William Burns to be deputy secretary of state."

Because, like, it's OK when reTHUGlicans hold bills, appointments, and debt ceilings hostage...:)

Paris

#5 Jul 22, 2011
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
More idiocy from le Thimblebrain. No comment on THIS part of the story, I see:
"In exchange for agreeing to the deadline, the official said -- and for Clinton arranging for the release of a long-delayed Pentagon report on Taiwan's air force capabilities -- Cornyn will remove the Senate hold he has imposed on the nomination of William Burns to be deputy secretary of state."
Because, like, it's OK when reTHUGlicans hold bills, appointments, and debt ceilings hostage...:)
Sure harv, I've answered it before, anything the republicans can do to block an enemy of state in to a position of influence is a patriot. We don't any more judges tht judicated from the bench and block the will of the people.

Paris

#6 Jul 22, 2011
harvey wrote:
Given that Taiwan will soon be part of China, hopefully peacefully, selling them even F-16s would be like giving those planes to the Chinese.
I vote 'no.'
What's the date of the Taiwan's demise harv, I need to call my company and tell them they are going out of business.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 22, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Sure harv, I've answered it before, anything the republicans can do to block an enemy of state in to a position of influence is a patriot. We don't any more judges tht judicated from the bench and block the will of the people.
So you admit that your side is made up of traitors, obstructionists, and liars. Thanks, that just confirms what I already knew.

Incidentally, d-bag, the "will of the people" is that the government raise the debt ceiling and avoid default, then cut the deficit through a combination of spending cuts and tax increases. Why isn't your party following the will of the people on THAT issue, huh?

Of course you've got no answer. probably just the sound of of "breaking" wind, again...
harvey

Columbus, OH

#8 Jul 22, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>What's the date of the Taiwan's demise harv, I need to call my company and tell them they are going out of business.
Where did I put forth a date, d-bag? It's obvious to those in the know that Taiwan will reunify with China. Do you dispute that? On what basis?

What "company" involved in trade with Taiwan do you claim to be working for, anyway? We all know you're a loon posting from your parents' basement! LOL

Paris

#9 Jul 22, 2011
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit that your side is made up of traitors, obstructionists, and liars. Thanks, that just confirms what I already knew.
Incidentally, d-bag, the "will of the people" is that the government raise the debt ceiling and avoid default, then cut the deficit through a combination of spending cuts and tax increases. Why isn't your party following the will of the people on THAT issue, huh?
Of course you've got no answer. probably just the sound of of "breaking" wind, again...
There goes the mainspring again harv. Hey harv if your going to ask me question, please don't answer them and put words in my mouth. I don't like the taste of kaka. Please reread my post harv and read slow. I didn't say any of the crap you spewed. Just for me......try again.

Paris

#10 Jul 22, 2011
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I put forth a date, d-bag? It's obvious to those in the know that Taiwan will reunify with China. Do you dispute that? On what basis?
What "company" involved in trade with Taiwan do you claim to be working for, anyway? We all know you're a loon posting from your parents' basement! LOL
harv harv harv, you just posted that Taiwan would SOON BE PART OF CHINA. I presumed you had the date, but alas, just more kaka. The rest of your comment is just deflection.

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#11 Jul 22, 2011
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
The will of what people?

The will of the American people is recorded by Gallup today.

Today a Gallup poll indicates what people truly want in a debt deal. Namely, less spending.

Americans continue to express a strong desire that any agreement that is reached include plans for major cuts in future spending. Americans now by a 20-point margin 55% vs. 35% say they worry more that the government would raise the debt ceiling without plans for major spending cuts, than that the government would not raise the ceiling and an economic crisis would ensue.

Americans appear to be saying to their elected representatives: Get an agreement done, even if it is not an ideal plan, but make sure it includes major spending cuts.

Harvey, you blew it out your ass again.

Wartime III

“Operation GTFO Advocate”

Since: Jul 11

Kenyan-Bound Commie Blubber

#12 Jul 22, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
He's doing far more than kissing it. He's slurping it....overwhelmed by his insatiable love for "secondhand" Chinese food.

Pass the moo goo lie pan.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#16 Jul 25, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>There goes the mainspring again harv. Hey harv if your going to ask me question, please don't answer them and put words in my mouth. I don't like the taste of kaka. Please reread my post harv and read slow. I didn't say any of the crap you spewed. Just for me......try again.
No, you don't need anyone to put crap in your mouth, plenty there already.

This...was crap:

"anything the republicans can do to block an enemy of state in to a position of influence is a patriot. We don't any more judges tht judicated from the bench and block the will of the people."

And yes, you WERE admitting to being in the party of obstructionism.

Now sit and spin...
harvey

Columbus, OH

#17 Jul 25, 2011
Wartime III wrote:
<quoted text>
He's doing far more than kissing it. He's slurping it....overwhelmed by his insatiable love for "secondhand" Chinese food.
Pass the moo goo lie pan.
Sounds more like a typical evening at home for you and your mom...
harvey

Columbus, OH

#18 Jul 25, 2011
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
The will of what people?
The will of the American people is recorded by Gallup today.
Today a Gallup poll indicates what people truly want in a debt deal. Namely, less spending.
Americans continue to express a strong desire that any agreement that is reached include plans for major cuts in future spending. Americans now by a 20-point margin 55% vs. 35% say they worry more that the government would raise the debt ceiling without plans for major spending cuts, than that the government would not raise the ceiling and an economic crisis would ensue.
Americans appear to be saying to their elected representatives: Get an agreement done, even if it is not an ideal plan, but make sure it includes major spending cuts.
Harvey, you blew it out your ass again.
Less spending, more revenue. That's what I've been saying, idiot-head.

The ceiling WILL be raised, or the deficit will be the least of our problems. You're too stupid, or too dishonest, to understand that apparently.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#19 Jul 25, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>harv harv harv, you just posted that Taiwan would SOON BE PART OF CHINA. I presumed you had the date, but alas, just more kaka. The rest of your comment is just deflection.
How would I have a "date" for something which hasn't happened and won't happen for some time?

You need to admit that you lie a lot. It would be the first step toward recovery for you.
FOREIGNER IN FORMOSA

Taichung, Taiwan

#20 Jul 25, 2011
That's good business acumen!

The more hard to buy the more price the buyer will offer!

Paris

#21 Jul 26, 2011
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't need anyone to put crap in your mouth, plenty there already.
This...was crap:
"anything the republicans can do to block an enemy of state in to a position of influence is a patriot. We don't any more judges tht judicated from the bench and block the will of the people."
And yes, you WERE admitting to being in the party of obstructionism.
Now sit and spin...
Yes that's what I said Harvey, anything that keep someone like Obama, Reid, Pelosi, the Kennedy's and a cast of thousands from ruining this great country is the duty of every able bodied american..........just as it was to get rid of Bush when he went on spending spree's. He quit being the person we voted for, just as Obama was never the person you thought you were voting for.

Paris

#22 Jul 26, 2011
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
How would I have a "date" for something which hasn't happened and won't happen for some time?
You need to admit that you lie a lot. It would be the first step toward recovery for you.
Harv that's a good question, I propose it to both houses of congress and Obama, HOW CAN YOU GENTLEMEN TELL US WHAT SPENDING AND SAVING WILL BE TEN YEARS DOWN THE ROAD, WHEN YOU CAN'T GET IT RIGHT TODAY.
ABIAN

Taichung, Taiwan

#23 Jul 27, 2011
ok!ok! ok! forget f16 first give justice to murder of skipper wu and adding injury by bury at sea like osama! and usa no say sorry and not apology to family!
harvey

Columbus, OH

#24 Jul 28, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes that's what I said Harvey, anything that keep someone like Obama, Reid, Pelosi, the Kennedy's and a cast of thousands from ruining this great country is the duty of every able bodied american..........just as it was to get rid of Bush when he went on spending spree's. He quit being the person we voted for, just as Obama was never the person you thought you were voting for.
You're a traitor to America. You'd already lost your credibility as a poster long ago; now you've lost your credibility as a citizen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Cornyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Top Trump adviser: US seeks both to oust Assad ... Apr 11 Swedenforever of ... 31
News Senators talk possibility of Neil Gorsuch filib... Apr 10 Julia 5
News Trump advisers: US seeks to fight IS and oust S... Apr 9 Nothing in the News 2
News Supreme Court unanimously strikes down Gorsuch ... Mar 27 Texxy 1
News Geopolitical, U.S. policies differ on oil, gree... Mar '17 Solarman 1
News Cheers and Jeers Feb '17 Anne White 1
News February 2, birthdays for Shakira, Ina Garten, ... Feb '17 readan 1
More from around the web