The murderer said: "Praise the Lord!"...

The murderer said: "Praise the Lord!" Buck told...

There are 12 comments on the Rome News story from Sep 16, 2011, titled The murderer said: "Praise the Lord!" Buck told.... In it, Rome News reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court halted the execution Thursday of a black man convicted of a double murder in Texas 16 years ago after his lawyers contended his sentence was unfair because of a question asked about race during his trial.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rome News.

bailout my duck

Downers Grove, IL

#1 Sep 16, 2011
another oj festivus miracle

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#2 Sep 16, 2011
so...the man was convicted of the murder of 2 people, his lawyer is NOT disputing the fact that he actually committed these murders, however, his execution was stayed because of a psychologist's testimony stating black people were more likely to commit violent crimes.

wtf?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Sep 16, 2011
carey529 wrote:
so...the man was convicted of the murder of 2 people, his lawyer is NOT disputing the fact that he actually committed these murders, however, his execution was stayed because of a psychologist's testimony stating black people were more likely to commit violent crimes.
wtf?
Which proves he did not get a fair trial and deserves one.
Lance Winslow

Oakland, CA

#7 Sep 16, 2011
carey529 wrote:
wtf?
Betcha the don't argue before the Supreme Court that blacks commit more violent crimes.
tired of the bs

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Sep 16, 2011
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Betcha the don't argue before the Supreme Court that blacks commit more violent crimes.
I guess this would go under those crimes like the trial of Caseylee she got off too from murder of her own child?

The jury said there was reasonable doubt??? The mother on national tv now saying it was a sign from GOD???

usa

#9 Sep 16, 2011
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> Which proves he did not get a fair trial and deserves one.
HIS OWN LAWYER said he wasn't challenging the verdict..
he got a fair trial! HE KILLED THOSE TWO PEOPLE!

jeez...read the article!

usa

#10 Sep 16, 2011
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Betcha the don't argue before the Supreme Court that blacks commit more violent crimes.
they didn't argue that in texas, either, einstein!

do you liberals EVER read ANYTHING?????
Researcher

Harker Heights, TX

#11 Sep 16, 2011
Like Pompous Prancing Prince Rick Perry, the murderer appears to be trying to use God's name to gain favorable attention for himself.

That's reprehensible, in both cases. I strongly suspect God will deal with both of them harshly.

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#12 Sep 16, 2011
After 16 years he would be let out of jail in New Zealand.

This is why I believe in teh death sentence from the testimony of 3 eye witnesses to the fact.

Life imprisonment without the eye witnesses.

FTR

“Community Liar-in-Chief”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#13 Sep 16, 2011
Lance Winslow wrote:
The psychologist was only telling the truth. If this murderer isn't sentenced to die, then justice has not been delivered.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#14 Sep 16, 2011
This guy could probably do a better job than Obama is doing. Obama is America's biggest mistake next to Carter. Maybe worse, if that's possible.
Justice For Victims

Aledo, IL

#16 Sep 17, 2011
Never is their a mention of the victims of these criminals and the impact it has made on their families. How about codling The victims instead of the criminals?6823

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Cornyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Massacre Arrests? Lynch mum on other possible O... Jun 21 Le Jimbo 5
News Mike Pompeo, John Cornyn bill to force Obama to... Jun 3 Hostis Publicus 5
News Texas high speed train project takes land from ... May 30 Three Psyche 2
News Push to expand FBI surveillance authority threa... May '16 Hostis Publicus 2
News Cotton: Criminal Justice Bill 'Dead' in Congress May '16 Denny CranesPlace 12
News GOP abortion provision halts trafficking bill (Mar '15) May '16 Limpballs 53
News Cruz's long White House run could mean newfound... May '16 Three Days 1
More from around the web