Rick Boucher ready to fight hard to k...

Rick Boucher ready to fight hard to keep seat

There are 11 comments on the Http story from Sep 5, 2010, titled Rick Boucher ready to fight hard to keep seat. In it, Http reports that:

WYTHEVILLE , Va. U.S. Rep. Rick Boucher , D-9th District , told 350 Democratic supporters Sunday that he faces a tough battle for re-election in November, but he is prepared to fight hard to remain in Congress and keep working to bring progress to Southwest Virginia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Http.

baranda

Detroit, MI

#1 Sep 5, 2010
Boucher brags about bringing all these jobs to southwest virginia, but what about the jobs we have lost.
reynolds

Detroit, MI

#2 Sep 5, 2010
and yes, our young people are leaving in groves because there are not any jobs here for them to stay.
helen

Detroit, MI

#3 Sep 5, 2010
my family lived in deep southwest, but coal jobs have went away. Black lung has struck us, and there is no money to pay the benefits.
Ken

North Tazewell, VA

#5 Sep 8, 2010
It is time to do the right thing by Rick and bring him home to live with the results of his actions. BRING RICK HOME, it's the humanitarian thing to do, the only way to bring him back to reality. RICK has been i n Washington too long. Anyone want to bet that if he were to lose the election he will return to Southwest Virginia.

Since: Apr 09

Saltville

#6 Sep 8, 2010
boucher is willing to "fight" give me a break!! He is a democRAT, they don't beleive in fighting, they beleive in gov't controll so there can be no disagreements. HAs he done good for the area? Yes he has, I will say it, but that was ALONG time ago and his agenda has changed tremendously since he decided to be obamas lap puppet....
obamapleaz

Christiansburg, VA

#7 Sep 13, 2010
First thing first, Boucher needs to admit he is a democrat. He stood up for Obama and made him the man in his face. Now, secondly Boucher needs to vote to repeal the health care bill if he is against it.
true

United States

#8 Sep 13, 2010
dems fight? other than chicago thuggery which wont help him hear is healthcare which wont help him at all, may he get a job as a wal mart greeter
Just me

Rocky Mount, VA

#9 Sep 14, 2010
The people at the top IN this town want to keep it just what it is, a small town. You're not going to see too much growth in Wytheville. They cater to older people, they want a retirement community and they don't need new jobs for that.

They should probably work on some more low income housing so the feds can pay to house all those workers who keep the hotels and gas stations going that pump in their tax dollars.
Jay

Murfreesboro, TN

#10 Sep 14, 2010
Just me wrote:
The people at the top IN this town want to keep it just what it is, a small town. You're not going to see too much growth in Wytheville. They cater to older people, they want a retirement community and they don't need new jobs for that.
They should probably work on some more low income housing so the feds can pay to house all those workers who keep the hotels and gas stations going that pump in their tax dollars.
Whats wrong with people that work at hotels?
Just me

Rocky Mount, VA

#11 Sep 14, 2010
Not a thing. They just don't get paid a living wage. I know someone who called on a rental house in town and the rent was $850. I don't know how anyone who is working in housekeeping can afford that.

It's hard to work all week and get a check that can't take care of your basic needs. Been there, done that.
true

United States

#12 Sep 14, 2010
is he ready to start looking for work

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Webb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Only 19 Months Until Election Day, And Over 19 ... (Apr '15) Mar '16 Three Days 79
News Jim Webb: 'I would not vote for' Clinton Mar '16 Harry 21
News Today in History Feb '16 Billy Ringo 2
News Obama smears Iran deal critics and liberals las... (Aug '15) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 3
News Distinguished pols of 2015 Jan '16 Black Annie 4
News Chafee quits 2016 presidential race (Oct '15) Oct '15 Le Jimbo 5
News Jim Webb Abandons Bid For Democratic Party... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Cat74 8
More from around the web