Homeowners association backs down, al...

Homeowners association backs down, allows Medal of Honor recipient to keep flagpole

There are 4 comments on the WTKR story from Dec 9, 2009, titled Homeowners association backs down, allows Medal of Honor recipient to keep flagpole. In it, WTKR reports that:

A 90-year-old Medal of Honor winner can keep his 21-foot flagpole in his front yard after a homeowner's association dropped its request to remove it, a spokesman for Democratic Virginia Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR.

Carl

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Dec 9, 2009
Way to go Colonel Barfoot!!!!
Former Marine

Raleigh, NC

#2 Dec 10, 2009
As a Medal of Honor winner, he should be able to do pretty much anything he pleases!! The homeowners assn should be ashamed of themselves. They should beg his forgiveness and thank him everyday for what he did!
Crockedasasnake

Norfolk, VA

#3 Dec 10, 2009
For a HOA to even rebut this is just down right UNAMERICAN!!!
Eezyduzit

Norfolk, VA

#4 Dec 14, 2009
HOAs are unamerican and should be banned. They are nothing more that gestapo like petty people that didn't get enough high school the first time around. Their reach has nothing to do with property value and everything to do with individuals imposing their will on other individuals. Seriously Virginia. GET RID OF THE FORCED HOA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Webb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Only 19 Months Until Election Day, And Over 19 ... (Apr '15) Mar '16 Three Days 79
News Jim Webb: 'I would not vote for' Clinton (Mar '16) Mar '16 Harry 21
News Today in History (Feb '16) Feb '16 Billy Ringo 2
News Obama smears Iran deal critics and liberals las... (Aug '15) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 3
News Distinguished pols of 2015 (Jan '16) Jan '16 Black Annie 4
News Chafee quits 2016 presidential race (Oct '15) Oct '15 Le Jimbo 5
News Jim Webb Abandons Bid For Democratic Party... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Cat74 8
More from around the web