Webb under fire on health care

Webb under fire on health care

There are 7 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 17, 2009, titled Webb under fire on health care. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

U.S. Sen. Jim Webb is getting banged up by Republicans over what they expect is his impending vote for a Senate version of health reform.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Phil McCracken

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Dec 18, 2009
has anybody even discussed the fact that this healthcare bill, at best, has 50% support of the population? That being said, doesn't that make it so divisive that it's not worth pursuing? Or is this just a Democrap pissing contest [for the record, Pelosi stands while she pisses]...
crazy ox0thongy

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#2 Dec 18, 2009

Since: Apr 07

Nashville, TN

#3 Dec 18, 2009
Fifty-six percent (56%) of U.S. voters now oppose the health care plan proposed by President Obama and congressional Democrats. Thatís the highest level of opposition found - reached three times before - in six months of polling.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

There is NO support in the country for this.
Oregon is Disgusting

United States

#4 Dec 18, 2009
The entire GOP in Congress does nothing but this:

RepublicRats spend 100% of their time and effort stealing from the USA and lining their own pockets and those of their global corporate masters.

GOP = thieves.

Now they are trying to KILL AMERICANS by denying health care. Usually they are just trying to BANKRUPT AMERICANS by spending money we don't have on wars we don't need.

Now RepublicRats have reached the scummy bottom of their putrid barrels. RepublicRats from Reagan on have destroyed the US of A.

It is now the largest third world country in the world.

Vote out RepublicRats and their BlueCrossing Corporate Dems and we will get employment, prosperity, health care and a return to the first world.
Oregon is Disgusting

United States

#5 Dec 18, 2009
100% of decent, sane, useful, ethical, productive Americans want massive health care reform. 80% of them want single payer national health care.

It is only the mentally diseased, immoral, criminal trailer trash (aka RepublicRats and Bluecrossing corporate Dems) who want the status quo = bankruptcy.

If you are not for single payer, you are not worthy of being an American. We do not want you here so leave.

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#6 Dec 18, 2009
Oregon is Disgusting wrote:
100% of decent, sane, useful, ethical, productive Americans want massive health care reform. 80% of them want single payer national health care.
It is only the mentally diseased, immoral, criminal trailer trash (aka RepublicRats and Bluecrossing corporate Dems) who want the status quo = bankruptcy.
If you are not for single payer, you are not worthy of being an American. We do not want you here so leave.
The key my friend is this: Are you willing to pay into something that doesn't kick in until 2013 or 2014? How about I say I'll let you have a property, pay me 3-4 years worth of mortgage and afterwards you can have the property. Good deal? Right!
The bill, in either Senate or House versions, sucks! And, unless you live underneath a rock, don't expect those payments...out to 2013 or 2014, to be sacrosanct. They'll get looted by Congress for all sorts of other grandiose projects. Won't be a first, and certainly not the last of DC lies.
Common Good

Passaic, NJ

#8 Dec 18, 2009
All health reform legislation should be obvious fixes and enjoy bipartisan support. The problem with America is that Democrats are more concerned about winning partisan battles than doing what is right for America. Any health reform bill starts with these ESSENTIAL provisions:

> America REJECTS the Public Option
> America wants tort reform to stop frivolus medical malpractice lawsuits against doctors
> America wants purchasing healthcare insurance across state lines legalized, to increase choice and competition among carriers and drive down costs
> Give individuals the right to deduct the cost of their health insurance policy from their taxable income
> Allow people to organize into groups for the purpose of buying health insurance policies (i.e. private co-ops or purchasing pools)
> No public funds for abortion
> No public funds for illegal aliens
> No mandatory buy-in

Anything less is a NO GO!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Webb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Only 19 Months Until Election Day, And Over 19 ... (Apr '15) Mar '16 Three Days 79
News Jim Webb: 'I would not vote for' Clinton (Mar '16) Mar '16 Harry 21
News Today in History (Feb '16) Feb '16 Billy Ringo 2
News Obama smears Iran deal critics and liberals las... (Aug '15) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 3
News Distinguished pols of 2015 (Jan '16) Jan '16 Black Annie 4
News Chafee quits 2016 presidential race (Oct '15) Oct '15 Le Jimbo 5
News Jim Webb Abandons Bid For Democratic Party... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Cat74 8
More from around the web