Webb under fire on health care

Full story: The Washington Post

U.S. Sen. Jim Webb is getting banged up by Republicans over what they expect is his impending vote for a Senate version of health reform.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Dec 18, 2009
Phil McCracken

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

has anybody even discussed the fact that this healthcare bill, at best, has 50% support of the population? That being said, doesn't that make it so divisive that it's not worth pursuing? Or is this just a Democrap pissing contest [for the record, Pelosi stands while she pisses]...
crazy ox0thongy

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Since: Apr 07

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Fifty-six percent (56%) of U.S. voters now oppose the health care plan proposed by President Obama and congressional Democrats. Thatís the highest level of opposition found - reached three times before - in six months of polling.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

There is NO support in the country for this.
Oregon is Disgusting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

The entire GOP in Congress does nothing but this:

RepublicRats spend 100% of their time and effort stealing from the USA and lining their own pockets and those of their global corporate masters.

GOP = thieves.

Now they are trying to KILL AMERICANS by denying health care. Usually they are just trying to BANKRUPT AMERICANS by spending money we don't have on wars we don't need.

Now RepublicRats have reached the scummy bottom of their putrid barrels. RepublicRats from Reagan on have destroyed the US of A.

It is now the largest third world country in the world.

Vote out RepublicRats and their BlueCrossing Corporate Dems and we will get employment, prosperity, health care and a return to the first world.
Oregon is Disgusting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

100% of decent, sane, useful, ethical, productive Americans want massive health care reform. 80% of them want single payer national health care.

It is only the mentally diseased, immoral, criminal trailer trash (aka RepublicRats and Bluecrossing corporate Dems) who want the status quo = bankruptcy.

If you are not for single payer, you are not worthy of being an American. We do not want you here so leave.

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Oregon is Disgusting wrote:
100% of decent, sane, useful, ethical, productive Americans want massive health care reform. 80% of them want single payer national health care.
It is only the mentally diseased, immoral, criminal trailer trash (aka RepublicRats and Bluecrossing corporate Dems) who want the status quo = bankruptcy.
If you are not for single payer, you are not worthy of being an American. We do not want you here so leave.
The key my friend is this: Are you willing to pay into something that doesn't kick in until 2013 or 2014? How about I say I'll let you have a property, pay me 3-4 years worth of mortgage and afterwards you can have the property. Good deal? Right!
The bill, in either Senate or House versions, sucks! And, unless you live underneath a rock, don't expect those payments...out to 2013 or 2014, to be sacrosanct. They'll get looted by Congress for all sorts of other grandiose projects. Won't be a first, and certainly not the last of DC lies.
Common Good

Totowa, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

All health reform legislation should be obvious fixes and enjoy bipartisan support. The problem with America is that Democrats are more concerned about winning partisan battles than doing what is right for America. Any health reform bill starts with these ESSENTIAL provisions:

> America REJECTS the Public Option
> America wants tort reform to stop frivolus medical malpractice lawsuits against doctors
> America wants purchasing healthcare insurance across state lines legalized, to increase choice and competition among carriers and drive down costs
> Give individuals the right to deduct the cost of their health insurance policy from their taxable income
> Allow people to organize into groups for the purpose of buying health insurance policies (i.e. private co-ops or purchasing pools)
> No public funds for abortion
> No public funds for illegal aliens
> No mandatory buy-in

Anything less is a NO GO!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jim Webb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Webb: One show not enough to fully criticize Cl... 4 hr Really 2
Bob McDonnell: Mitt Romney will win Virginia (Apr '12) Wed swedenforever 5
Hampton VA hospital complaints catch Sen. Webb'... (Nov '09) May '14 Jill Duncan 9
Doctor: Veterans get hooked, not healed, at VA ... (Jun '10) Apr '14 Viet Nam Veteran 14
D.C. exiles: Leaving 'This Town' (Aug '13) Aug '13 Eighthman 3
Agent Orange Update (Jul '10) Jul '13 riverat 8
UVA Class of 2013 Graduates in 184th Final Exer... (May '13) May '13 Marriage Equality 2

Search the Jim Webb Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••