Democrat Senator Webb warns Obama on ...

Democrat Senator Webb warns Obama on taking action in Copenhagen

There are 44 comments on the www.washingtontimes.com story from Dec 7, 2009, titled Democrat Senator Webb warns Obama on taking action in Copenhagen. In it, www.washingtontimes.com reports that:

Senator Jim Webb (D - Va.) wrote to the administration last week warning President Obama that the White House does not have unilateral power to commit the United States to any standards agreed upon at the upcoming climate change conference in Denmark. Only specific legislation agreed upon in the Congress, or a treaty ratified by the Senate, could actually create such a commitment on behalf of our country.

When asked about the recent Environment Protection Agency's endangerment finding of CO2, Senator Webb told the Washington Times and others today on Capitol Hill, "I think we need to go back and look at the Supreme Court decision in which the EPA asserts that it has that authority, because it is a derived power based on legislation, and it is ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.washingtontimes.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Chicago Hope and Change

United States

#1 Dec 7, 2009
Senator Webb is obviously a front man for Big Oil and those links need to be exposed.
We must work hard to force these people from the party so that we can have unity of voice and purpose.
Senator Webb you do not speak for real progressives and your time is up.
Time to go shopping for another Senator.

“Team YOU'RE D.E.N.I.E.D.”

Since: Oct 09

Safford, AZ

#2 Dec 7, 2009
Chicago Hope and Change wrote:
those links need to be exposed.

Time to go shopping for another N.A.S.A. administration, too.
Doggone right and THANKS for A.S.K.I.N.
I happen to have the LINKS that DERAILED COPENHAGEN right here: the ones that

SET OFF W.O.R.L.D. W.I.D.E. investigations that allow the FRAUDULENTLY DERIVED CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS to be

sorted out.

Without spooking the fish we're going to pull the plug behind; and suffocate.
Without frightening the civilians unduly so they stop their

statistically planned
spending habits.

You think fraud's a game.
Empire's a bigger one.

And we live like ROMANS fiddling with barbarians for now

and it's gonna be ok for a few hundred years.

so take your meds
drink your malt liquor
check the mail for your v.d. test

and hold your breath

“Team YOU'RE D.E.N.I.E.D.”

Since: Oct 09

Safford, AZ

#4 Dec 7, 2009
Thanks for asking about the links, I know everyone's interested I have an online version archived, some of them selected

Several people have them hosted similarly. Just start reading and you're gonna have a blast reading about the HOAX that SELF OWNED

SO BAD

it derailed a UNITED NATIONS conference and resulted in MASSIVE criminal conspiracy to use the GOVERNMENT as an issue-oriented
POLITICAL MACHINE

Good stuff:

http://astuteblogger.blogspot.com/2009/11/cli...

2005:
"The SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY WOULD COME DOWN ON ME IN NO
UNCERTAIN TERMS IF I SAID THE WORLD HAD COOLED FROM 1998.

OK IT HAS BUT IT IS ONLY 7 YEARS OF DATA AND IT ISN'T STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT."

2009: RECORD COLD! OUR ACCURACY'S A TRAVESTY EVERYONE'S ASKING ABOUT IT!
"Steve,
BBC's reporter on climate change, on Friday

wrote that there's been no warming since 1998, and that pacific oscillations will force

cooling for the next 20-30 years. It is not outrageously biased in presentation as are

other skeptics' views.

BBC has significant influence on public opinion outside the US.

*Do you think this merits an op-ed response in the BBC from a scientist?*"

GrrrEEEAT STUff!!!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#5 Dec 7, 2009
USA has become like China and China like USA.
Lord have mercy.
Mea

New Zealand

#6 Dec 7, 2009
just a guy i knew wrote:
USA has become like China and China like USA.
Lord have mercy.
Thats only natural,,,,,china owns USA :-)))))
Capitalism sux

United States

#7 Dec 7, 2009
Mea wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats only natural,,,,,china owns USA :-)))))
I can't wait to see the so called USA fall.
Capitalism sux

United States

#8 Dec 7, 2009
Lets put your strait jacket on for now and there is a beautifully padded cell we have just for you
I Am DigitaP wrote:
Thanks for asking about the links, I know everyone's interested I have an online version archived, some of them selected
Several people have them hosted similarly. Just start reading and you're gonna have a blast reading about the HOAX that SELF OWNED
SO BAD
it derailed a UNITED NATIONS conference and resulted in MASSIVE criminal conspiracy to use the GOVERNMENT as an issue-oriented
POLITICAL MACHINE
Good stuff:
http://astuteblogger.blogspot.com/2009/11/cli...
2005:
"The SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY WOULD COME DOWN ON ME IN NO
UNCERTAIN TERMS IF I SAID THE WORLD HAD COOLED FROM 1998.
OK IT HAS BUT IT IS ONLY 7 YEARS OF DATA AND IT ISN'T STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT."
2009: RECORD COLD! OUR ACCURACY'S A TRAVESTY EVERYONE'S ASKING ABOUT IT!
"Steve,
BBC's reporter on climate change, on Friday
wrote that there's been no warming since 1998, and that pacific oscillations will force
cooling for the next 20-30 years. It is not outrageously biased in presentation as are
other skeptics' views.
BBC has significant influence on public opinion outside the US.
*Do you think this merits an op-ed response in the BBC from a scientist?*"
GrrrEEEAT STUff!!!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#9 Dec 7, 2009
Capitalism sux wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't wait to see the so called USA fall.
LOL, and then who's gonna wipe your ass and pay for all your free stuff? Idiot.
Chicago Hope and Change

United States

#10 Dec 7, 2009
I Am DigitaP wrote:
<quoted text>
Doggone right and THANKS for A.S.K.I.N.
I happen to have the LINKS that DERAILED COPENHAGEN right here: the ones that
SET OFF W.O.R.L.D. W.I.D.E. investigations that allow the FRAUDULENTLY DERIVED CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS to be
sorted out.
Without spooking the fish we're going to pull the plug behind; and suffocate.
Without frightening the civilians unduly so they stop their
statistically planned
spending habits.
You think fraud's a game.
Empire's a bigger one.
And we live like ROMANS fiddling with barbarians for now
and it's gonna be ok for a few hundred years.
so take your meds
drink your malt liquor
check the mail for your v.d. test
and hold your breath
More from the DigitalP spammer.
Spam, Spam, Eggs and Spam.
localres

Memphis, TN

#11 Dec 8, 2009
Capitalism sux wrote:
Lets put your strait jacket on for now and there is a beautifully padded cell we have just for you
<quoted text>
you mean one of those i love me jackets,
Chicago Hope and Change

United States

#13 Dec 9, 2009
Capn Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, and then who's gonna wipe your ass and pay for all your free stuff? Idiot.
The gig is up. Capitalism has been proven a failure.
You must drop the fossil dogma of the past. Your prejudices are an impingement to rational thought.
The GOP and ring wingers only care about retaining their pile of criminally obtained loot.
For real progress we must embrace International Governance and detach our own personal whim from the good that can be achieved for all humankind.
Join Obama and lets make this a better world with justice and equality for all.

Since: Aug 09

Pinetops, NC

#14 Dec 9, 2009
Politics on Offbeat ?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#15 Dec 9, 2009
Don't let the world government take your freedom for climate security, that would be REALLY stupid.

Pinetops, NC

#16 Dec 9, 2009
<quoted text>
You must drop the fossil dogma of the past. Your prejudices are an impingement to rational thought.
The GOP and ring wingers only care about retaining their pile of criminally obtained loot.
For real progress we must embrace International Governance and detach our own personal whim from the good that can be achieved for all humankind.
Well alrighty now ........
Capitalism sux

Garden Grove, CA

#17 Dec 9, 2009
Brian_G wrote:
Don't let the world government take your freedom for climate security, that would be REALLY stupid.
How in the f*ck would you know. Do you know what Copenhagen is all about, or you just speculating? Don't make an ass of yourself and if you have proof about Copenhagen , I'd suggest you STFU
Lone Wolf

Benicarló, Spain

#18 Dec 9, 2009
NO new world order.......... infowars.com

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#19 Dec 9, 2009
Capitalism sux wrote:
<quoted text>
How in the f*ck would you know. Do you know what Copenhagen is all about, or you just speculating? Don't make an ass of yourself and if you have proof about Copenhagen , I'd suggest you STFU
Wow, what a persuasive argument!

What's Copenhagen about? That's easy. It's about taking money from wealthy countries and giving it to poor based on need from a made up threat.

Kook

Pinetops, NC

#20 Dec 9, 2009
Capitalism sux wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO

“frequently laughing”

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#21 Dec 9, 2009
Smartypantz wrote:
Politics on Offbeat ?
Yes. Someone thinks it is funny to combine posters from other threads with Offbeat humor makes for a good laugh. Just like Logan WV...

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#22 Dec 9, 2009
<quoted text>
LOL...... I just KNEW you guys thought you elected a Global President.

Capitalism doesn't work for those unwilling to work. It's just that simple.

As a Capitalist myself, I can assure you that my "loot" has been obtained through MY hard work and risk-taking and NOT because some elected officials thought that I should get a share of the other guy's pie, and it's 100% legal.

I will resist International Governance til the bitter end. This is the United States of America, and God willing, will remain so unless lunatics like you sell us out more quickly than we can stop you. Your boy Obama is doing that wholesale now, but I doubt Americans will sit still long enough for him to succeed in doing that.

Instead of flushing America down the tubes, why don't you just find another model somewhere else you can embrace more easily and go there. Tell me where to mail the ticket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Webb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Only 19 Months Until Election Day, And Over 19 ... (Apr '15) Mar '16 Three Days 79
News Jim Webb: 'I would not vote for' Clinton (Mar '16) Mar '16 Harry 21
News Today in History (Feb '16) Feb '16 Billy Ringo 2
News Obama smears Iran deal critics and liberals las... (Aug '15) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 3
News Distinguished pols of 2015 (Jan '16) Jan '16 Black Annie 4
News Chafee quits 2016 presidential race (Oct '15) Oct '15 Le Jimbo 5
News Jim Webb Abandons Bid For Democratic Party... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Cat74 8
More from around the web