Virginia's Allen Aims To Take Back US...

Virginia's Allen Aims To Take Back US Senate Seat

There are 26 comments on the WFMZ story from Jan 23, 2011, titled Virginia's Allen Aims To Take Back US Senate Seat. In it, WFMZ reports that:

RICHMOND, Va. -- Virginia Republican George Allen officially began his political comeback Monday, announcing his intent to regain his old Senate seat in an e-mailed video that promises "an American comeback." The Republican former governor who lost his Senate seat in a 2006 campaign riddled with embarrassments said in an Associated Press interview ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
another retread

Easton, PA

#1 Jan 24, 2011
Glen Allen

Midlothian, VA

#2 Jan 24, 2011
I'm not really so sure that his failure had anything to do with the "Macaca" incident. I think the republicans just tied it to that in an attempt to distance themselves from their little embarrassment.

Since: Feb 10

Richmond, VA

#3 Jan 24, 2011
another retread wrote:
Macaca ain't going away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =r90z0PMnKwIXX
Unlike a Democrat, Allen acknowledged his error and apologized for it.

Time for you and your ilk to do the same.

Maybe he can initiate the reining in of the idiots in Washington and their out of control spending.

Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

#4 Jan 25, 2011
Governor/Senator Allen was a great asset in the Senate. And now, with the political winds FINALLY blowing in the "right" direction, He will be an asset again replacing a mamby pamby yes dude like webb. The webster voted in lock step with the loser from Nevada most of the time and letters to his jerk azz got brushed off like so much party nonsense.

George in 2012!!!!!!!!!!

He He He.I just noticed the "loser from Las Vegas thing". How ironic!
Homer Hickem

Weatherly, PA

#5 Jan 25, 2011
If you would like all of his irresponsibe yea votes I have them Just let me know

Senate Roll #4
Feb 2, 2006 7:16 PM
Yea
Grassley Amdt. No. 2731


Yeah he'll reign in spending
Homer Hickem

Weatherly, PA

#6 Jan 25, 2011
Supports expanding Free Trade.(Sep 2000)
Voted YES on free trade agreement with Oman.(Jun 2006)
Voted YES on implementing CAFTA for Central America free-trade.(Jul 2005)
Voted YES on establishing free trade between US & Singapore.(Jul 2003)
Voted YES on establishing free trade between the US and Chile.(Jul 2003)
Voted YES on extending free trade to Andean nations.(May 2002)
Voted YES on granting normal trade relations status to Vietnam.(Oct 2001)
Voted YES on removing common goods from national security export rules.(Sep 2001)
Rated 67% by CATO, indicating a pro-free trade voting record.(Dec 2002)

you'll wonder where your jobs went
when you cast your vote for

Macacadent
Homer Hickem

Weatherly, PA

#7 Jan 25, 2011
Tunisian mother did not teach him Tunisian slur “macaca”.(Sep 2006)
Using “macaca” was a mistake, but not intended as an insult.(Sep 2006)
In 1984, opposed MLK holiday; in 1993, honored Confederacy.(Sep 2006)
Kept Confederate imagery in Governor’s office; for heritage.(Sep 2006)
Opposes requiring companies to hire more minorities.(Sep 2000)
Opposes “Sexual orientation protected by civil rights laws”.(Sep 2000)
Support VA beliefs & pass flag-burning ban amendment.(Apr 2000)
Voted YES on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage.(Jun 2006)
Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes.(Jun 2002)
Voted YES on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping.(Oct 2001)
)
Rated 20% by the ACLU, indicating an anti-civil rights voting record.(Dec 2002)
Issue a commemorative postage stamp of Rosa Parks.(Dec 2005)

a real humanitarian
Homer Hickem

Weatherly, PA

#8 Jan 25, 2011
George Allen on Government Reform

Voted YES on allowing some lobbyist gifts to Congress.(Mar 2006)
Voted NO on establishing the Senate Office of Public Integrity.(Mar 2006)
Voted NO on banning "soft money" contributions and restricting issue ads.(Mar 2002)
Voted YES on require photo ID (not just signature) for voter registration.(Feb 2002)


just like his vote as seen above

HE HAS NO INTEGRITY
Que

Chalfont, PA

#9 Jan 25, 2011
Homer Hickem wrote:
George Allen on Government Reform
Voted YES on allowing some lobbyist gifts to Congress.(Mar 2006)
Voted NO on establishing the Senate Office of Public Integrity.(Mar 2006)
Voted NO on banning "soft money" contributions and restricting issue ads.(Mar 2002)
Voted YES on require photo ID (not just signature) for voter registration.(Feb 2002)
just like his vote as seen above
HE HAS NO INTEGRITY
Vito, the sage from Bangor, are you back AGAIN!

This is how many names, there goomba?

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#10 Jan 25, 2011
Homer Hickem wrote:
Tunisian mother did not teach him Tunisian slur “macaca”.(Sep 2006)
Using “macaca” was a mistake, but not intended as an insult.(Sep 2006)
In 1984, opposed MLK holiday; in 1993, honored Confederacy.(Sep 2006)
Kept Confederate imagery in Governor’s office; for heritage.(Sep 2006)
Opposes requiring companies to hire more minorities.(Sep 2000)
Opposes “Sexual orientation protected by civil rights laws”.(Sep 2000)
Support VA beliefs & pass flag-burning ban amendment.(Apr 2000)
Voted YES on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage.(Jun 2006)
Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes.(Jun 2002)
Voted YES on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping.(Oct 2001)
)
Rated 20% by the ACLU, indicating an anti-civil rights voting record.(Dec 2002)
Issue a commemorative postage stamp of Rosa Parks.(Dec 2005)
a real humanitarian
Anybody rated so low by the aclu is sure to get my vote. They are now as useless as the naacp, also once an excellent and useful organization.

Allen in 2012!!!!!!!
DickAllen

Sellersville, PA

#11 Jan 25, 2011
It's obvious Allen is useless and still fighting another war. Mostly within himself.
crazy cowboy

Richmond, VA

#12 Jan 25, 2011
Well Homer,

I guess this means you'll be voting for Allen since you have showed us all the great things he voted for. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.
Homer Hickem wrote:
George Allen on Government Reform
Voted YES on allowing some lobbyist gifts to Congress.(Mar 2006)
Voted NO on establishing the Senate Office of Public Integrity.(Mar 2006)
Voted NO on banning "soft money" contributions and restricting issue ads.(Mar 2002)
Voted YES on require photo ID (not just signature) for voter registration.(Feb 2002)
just like his vote as seen above
HE HAS NO INTEGRITY
crazy cowboy

Richmond, VA

#13 Jan 25, 2011
VOTE ALLEN... he loves some Macaca.
another retread

Sellersville, PA

#14 Jan 25, 2011
Allen is going to have to address some serious problems other than the disastrous campaign waged in 2006 :

During his one term in the U.S. Senate, some Republicans complain, he backed President George W. Bush’s proposals to increase spending; supported No Child Left Behind, a costly program to create a national education report card; favored a federal program to subsidize the costs of prescription drugs for Medicare beneficiaries; and voted to expand the Hate Crimes Prevention Act to include crimes based on sexual orientation.

There was also the vote for the debt limit, the FLIP-FLOP into SUPPORT of ETHANOL, gun control issues, the morning after pill controversy, and, perhaps most troublesome to tea party activists, the money he took from Freddie Mac concurrent to his refusing to push for government sponsored enterprise (”GSE”) reform.

Teabaggers not happy. They'll devour him.
crazy cowboy

Richmond, VA

#15 Jan 25, 2011
another retread wrote:
Allen is going to have to address some serious problems other than the disastrous campaign waged in 2006 :
During his one term in the U.S. Senate, some Republicans complain, he backed President George W. Bush’s proposals to increase spending; supported No Child Left Behind, a costly program to create a national education report card; favored a federal program to subsidize the costs of prescription drugs for Medicare beneficiaries; and voted to expand the Hate Crimes Prevention Act to include crimes based on sexual orientation.
There was also the vote for the debt limit, the FLIP-FLOP into SUPPORT of ETHANOL, gun control issues, the morning after pill controversy, and, perhaps most troublesome to tea party activists, the money he took from Freddie Mac concurrent to his refusing to push for government sponsored enterprise (”GSE”) reform.
Teabaggers not happy. They'll devour him.
Blah, blah, blah. You talk too much. VOTE Allen, he's a REAL man.

You eat Baked Alaska.
another retread

Sellersville, PA

#16 Jan 25, 2011
I hate Alaska. Baked or not. I will enjoy watching the cons eat 'one of their own', tho. Seems he'll be an outcast and no longer considered one of 'them'.
crazy cowboy

Richmond, VA

#17 Jan 25, 2011
another retread wrote:
I hate Alaska. Baked or not. I will enjoy watching the cons eat 'one of their own', tho. Seems he'll be an outcast and no longer considered one of 'them'.
Alaska is part of us, the United States of America. If you don't like this country, then I suggest you move and VOTE Allen on your way out.

God bless America, and God VOTES Allen! Thank you for your help. Your negativity will drive the vote Allen's way. Keep it up!
another retread

Sellersville, PA

#18 Jan 25, 2011
I stay, Allen loses, the haters continue to complain. God laughs at America.
Homer Hickem

Weatherly, PA

#19 Jan 25, 2011
crazy cowboy wrote:
Well Homer,
I guess this means you'll be voting for Allen since you have showed us all the great things he voted for. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.
<quoted text>
I guess the "crazy" part of your name is correct

you encourage taking money from special interests?

you prefer representatives with no integrity?

like you said

"crazy"
myrtle

Chester, VA

#20 Jan 25, 2011
Homer Hickem wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the "crazy" part of your name is correct
you encourage taking money from special interests?
you prefer representatives with no integrity?
like you said
"crazy"
thank you Homer for your very useful and important information!!!!!

i agree with your assessment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Webb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Only 19 Months Until Election Day, And Over 19 ... (Apr '15) Mar '16 Three Days 79
News Jim Webb: 'I would not vote for' Clinton (Mar '16) Mar '16 Harry 21
News Today in History (Feb '16) Feb '16 Billy Ringo 2
News Obama smears Iran deal critics and liberals las... (Aug '15) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 3
News Distinguished pols of 2015 (Jan '16) Jan '16 Black Annie 4
News Chafee quits 2016 presidential race (Oct '15) Oct '15 Le Jimbo 5
News Jim Webb Abandons Bid For Democratic Party... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Cat74 8
More from around the web