Webb, Warner Propose Offshore VA Expl...

Webb, Warner Propose Offshore VA Exploration

There are 7 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 6, 2011, titled Webb, Warner Propose Offshore VA Exploration. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Wednesday senators Mark Warner and Jim Webb introduced legislation to open waters off Virginia to gas and oil exploration in 2012 and to redraw maps to encompass more territory for drilling and bring in more revenue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Haken Ali Haken

United States

#1 Jul 6, 2011
Typical Republican party line. We need to be dependent on foreign oil. It is our petro dollars, that fund the Islamic Revolution. You Republican pukes, make me want to barf, You are only delaying, the final conclusion to our struggle. A World Wide Islamic state, with a Caliph in Central Europe. The 21 Virgins is the only thing that keeps me going; however, They did not say if they would be female Virgins. Good if your Gay, Not so if you hetrosexual. Alah Akbar ( Translated " Alah is at the BAR" LOL Pablo

“Don't Drink The Obama Kool-Aid”

Since: Aug 09

You don't need to know, Va.

#2 Jul 6, 2011
Haken Ali Haken wrote:
Typical Republican party line. We need to be dependent on foreign oil. It is our petro dollars, that fund the Islamic Revolution. You Republican pukes, make me want to barf, You are only delaying, the final conclusion to our struggle. A World Wide Islamic state, with a Caliph in Central Europe. The 21 Virgins is the only thing that keeps me going; however, They did not say if they would be female Virgins. Good if your Gay, Not so if you hetrosexual. Alah Akbar ( Translated " Alah is at the BAR" LOL Pablo
Hey numbnu*s, both Warner and Webb are DEMOCRAPS.

“Don't Drink The Obama Kool-Aid”

Since: Aug 09

You don't need to know, Va.

#3 Jul 6, 2011
Haken Ali Haken wrote:
You would probably like it better if they were boys. As they say in the middle east women are for babies-men are for fun.
Tourist Trap

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jul 6, 2011
Any spill would wreck Virginia's economy, which depends on tourism.
Mark

Paducah, KY

#6 Jul 7, 2011
Off shore drilling historically lands up to cause pollution on a grand scale. Other countries have found that off shore wind power and on land solar power are much better even with a higher cost to build. The cost of these two methods keep coming down. You can see examples of wind and solar power in PA and CA.
Burning coal is the worst and that don't include the impact of mining in any form on the environment.
The Reblicans in Richmond are pro business at the cost of the middle class by catering to the rich. We will have to pay for it sometime in the future. Offshore drilling companies, many of which are not US based so they are readily willing to ignore proper safety measures to push for the max. profit. They fail to invest in effective clean up equipment that exists today. Capitalism at its worst.
TEX

Altavista, VA

#7 Jul 10, 2011
when my car's fuel gauge is nearing E where can I get some of that wind power to get to work on OR if it's cloudy can I still use solar power in it? Sounds like more liberal crapola to me
Mow

Buford, GA

#8 Jul 10, 2011
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
<quoted text> Hey numbnu*s, both Warner and Webb are DEMOCRAPS.
Don't matter if their left or right, their politicians first and always. They will sell us out with the blink an eye and laugh all the way to the bank.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Webb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Only 19 Months Until Election Day, And Over 19 ... (Apr '15) Mar '16 Three Days 79
News Jim Webb: 'I would not vote for' Clinton Mar '16 Harry 21
News Today in History Feb '16 Billy Ringo 2
News Obama smears Iran deal critics and liberals las... (Aug '15) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 3
News Distinguished pols of 2015 (Jan '16) Jan '16 Black Annie 4
News Chafee quits 2016 presidential race (Oct '15) Oct '15 Le Jimbo 5
News Jim Webb Abandons Bid For Democratic Party... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Cat74 8
More from around the web