Webb writes Gray over report of jailed drivers

Oct 7, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC12

U.S. Sen. Jim Webb is calling on District of Columbia Mayor Vincent Gray to review a media report that city police are putting drivers in jail for having expired tags.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Oct 7, 2011

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Judged:

Webb was responding to a Fox News report of the Metropolitan Police Department arresting drivers for registration violations.

Police spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump told The Associated Press early Friday that officers are sworn to enforce laws that are on the books. She says the city allows for a grace period and many officers use further discretion.

Sounds like the city is going way too far given these are normally traffic tickets that end up in traffic court.

I'd say there must be more to the story.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Judged:

The laughing lobotomy wrote:
Webb was responding to a Fox News report of the Metropolitan Police Department arresting drivers for registration violations.
Police spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump told The Associated Press early Friday that officers are sworn to enforce laws that are on the books. She says the city allows for a grace period and many officers use further discretion.
Sounds like the city is going way too far given these are normally traffic tickets that end up in traffic court.
I'd say there must be more to the story.
Wasteful government spending needs to be rooted out, right Laughing Lobotomy?
WOODCHUCK

North Port, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

The nations Capital...DC..a national disgrace..crime ,murder,dope,prostitute,bad schools.

The Getto like atmosphere in our nations capital does not tell the American story well to the millions of visitors!...Ya take ya life in your hands....What with all the crime,car jacking,gun murders,the whole dam jungle should be locked up.

With the likes of thug politicians like Barry Arrested on Cocaine Charges in Undercover FBI, Police Operation
D.C. Mayor Marion Barry was arrested on charges of possession of cocaine last night at the downtown Vista International Hotel after a fast-moving undercover investigation by the FBI and D.C....and more arrests of him...THEY LOVE HIM THERE!
And still the MONKEY FACES there keep putting this Crack head back in office!.And others like him...CORRUPT,!!..A JUNGLE!!

Crime Washington, DC United States
Violent Crime 9 4
Property Crime 6 4

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jim Webb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob McDonnell: Mitt Romney will win Virginia (Apr '12) 3 hr swedenforever 6
Webb: One show not enough to fully criticize Cl... Aug 24 Responsibility 3
Hampton VA hospital complaints catch Sen. Webb'... (Nov '09) May '14 Jill Duncan 9
Doctor: Veterans get hooked, not healed, at VA ... (Jun '10) Apr '14 Viet Nam Veteran 14
D.C. exiles: Leaving 'This Town' (Aug '13) Aug '13 Eighthman 3
Agent Orange Update (Jul '10) Jul '13 riverat 8
UVA Class of 2013 Graduates in 184th Final Exer... (May '13) May '13 Marriage Equality 2

Search the Jim Webb Forum:
•••