Webb writes Gray over report of jaile...

Webb writes Gray over report of jailed drivers

There are 3 comments on the NBC12 story from Oct 7, 2011, titled Webb writes Gray over report of jailed drivers. In it, NBC12 reports that:

U.S. Sen. Jim Webb is calling on District of Columbia Mayor Vincent Gray to review a media report that city police are putting drivers in jail for having expired tags.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC12.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#1 Oct 7, 2011

Webb was responding to a Fox News report of the Metropolitan Police Department arresting drivers for registration violations.

Police spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump told The Associated Press early Friday that officers are sworn to enforce laws that are on the books. She says the city allows for a grace period and many officers use further discretion.

Sounds like the city is going way too far given these are normally traffic tickets that end up in traffic court.

I'd say there must be more to the story.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#2 Oct 7, 2011
The laughing lobotomy wrote:
Webb was responding to a Fox News report of the Metropolitan Police Department arresting drivers for registration violations.
Police spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump told The Associated Press early Friday that officers are sworn to enforce laws that are on the books. She says the city allows for a grace period and many officers use further discretion.
Sounds like the city is going way too far given these are normally traffic tickets that end up in traffic court.
I'd say there must be more to the story.
Wasteful government spending needs to be rooted out, right Laughing Lobotomy?
WOODCHUCK

North Port, FL

#3 Oct 7, 2011
The nations Capital...DC..a national disgrace..crime ,murder,dope,prostitute,bad schools.

The Getto like atmosphere in our nations capital does not tell the American story well to the millions of visitors!...Ya take ya life in your hands....What with all the crime,car jacking,gun murders,the whole dam jungle should be locked up.

With the likes of thug politicians like Barry Arrested on Cocaine Charges in Undercover FBI, Police Operation
D.C. Mayor Marion Barry was arrested on charges of possession of cocaine last night at the downtown Vista International Hotel after a fast-moving undercover investigation by the FBI and D.C....and more arrests of him...THEY LOVE HIM THERE!
And still the MONKEY FACES there keep putting this Crack head back in office!.And others like him...CORRUPT,!!..A JUNGLE!!

Crime Washington, DC United States
Violent Crime 9 4
Property Crime 6 4

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Webb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Only 19 Months Until Election Day, And Over 19 ... (Apr '15) Mar '16 Three Days 79
News Jim Webb: 'I would not vote for' Clinton Mar '16 Harry 21
News Today in History Feb '16 Billy Ringo 2
News Obama smears Iran deal critics and liberals las... (Aug '15) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 3
News Distinguished pols of 2015 (Jan '16) Jan '16 Black Annie 4
News Chafee quits 2016 presidential race (Oct '15) Oct '15 Le Jimbo 5
News Jim Webb Abandons Bid For Democratic Party... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Cat74 8
More from around the web