Senate Dems delay vote on oil spill, ...

Senate Dems delay vote on oil spill, energy bill

There are 1 comment on the Deseret Morning News story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Senate Dems delay vote on oil spill, energy bill. In it, Deseret Morning News reports that:

Democrats on Tuesday gave up trying to pass even a scaled-back energy bill this summer that would have removed liability ceilings on oil companies, a reaction to the BP oil spill.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deseret Morning News.

LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#1 Aug 4, 2010
This is good news for polluters. I mean the legal liability cap of $87M will mean that the oil companies don't need to clean up their practices. They can continue with the 'status quo' no matter how ineffective.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Inhofe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: McConnell calls ailing John McCain ... Jul '17 Red Crosse 5
News The Latest: GOP lawmakers mark success with rul... May '17 CodeTalker 8
News Looking for answers: Oklahomans hope town hall ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 lastditch 1
News In Toronto, Leonardo DiCaprio delivers 'Before ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 inbred Genius 7
News Fracking Didn't Cause Oklahoma Earthquake (Sep '16) Sep '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News US Sen. Inhofe OK after weather forces him to l... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Hostis Publicus 1
News GOP chairman intensifies fight with White House... (Dec '15) Dec '15 goonsquat 10
More from around the web