Denying warming is harmful, irrespons...

Denying warming is harmful, irresponsible

There are 60 comments on the Evening Sun story from Dec 27, 2009, titled Denying warming is harmful, irresponsible. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

While it is often humorous to listen to the arguments of the global warming skeptics, it's also a dangerous indulgence we cannot afford.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
fanofsummer

Saxton, PA

#1 Dec 28, 2009
It's called climate change for a reason and the culprit is the Sun - not man. How can you call this hoax? Why is it that your precious Al Gore won't give an interview on this topic? Maybe it's because he's making millions making phony movies. And how dare you call global warming deniers immoral! Have you sold your house and moved to a strictly solar home? What type of car do you drive? Get off your high and mighty horse and use your powers for good - not evil.
WTF

Gaines, MI

#2 Dec 28, 2009
fanofsummer wrote:
It's called climate change for a reason and the culprit is the Sun - not man. How can you call this hoax? Why is it that your precious Al Gore won't give an interview on this topic? Maybe it's because he's making millions making phony movies. And how dare you call global warming deniers immoral! Have you sold your house and moved to a strictly solar home? What type of car do you drive? Get off your high and mighty horse and use your powers for good - not evil.
Nonono. It's about keeping us "little people" in our place! It's ok for them to fly around in jets and ride in suv/limos. We don't know what is good for us, we are too stupid. THEY will decide what we need and we will get no more than that!
Rick

Baltimore, MD

#3 Dec 28, 2009
Since those internal documents from the global warming camp revealed the fraud and deceit used to make global warming look real, I figured that most people with an ounce of common sense would turn their backs on al gore and everyone like him. Then, I remembered that the media was a major culprit in the whole scheme and was probably not reporting the facts, but doing a cover-up, instead. Then, I realized that many people were more interested in mind-numbing TV, like Dancing with the Stars, that they were with keeping a close eye on the criminals that want to tax us and sell us carbon off-sets.

Earl Keese

“global warming is a hoax”

Since: Apr 08

knoxville

#4 Dec 28, 2009
just another attempt at the redistribution of our wealth.

only on a global scale !!!

and just how is it that a dollar, that supposedly isn't worth squat on the world market, is so highly sought after for solving all of the problems of corrupt sub-rate countries around the globe ????
Timeout

Tuscaloosa, AL

#7 Dec 28, 2009
Who can the dinosaurs sue for the "climate change" that annihilated them?
WTF

Pinckney, MI

#12 Dec 29, 2009
Earl Keese wrote:
just another attempt at the redistribution of our wealth.
only on a global scale !!!
and just how is it that a dollar, that supposedly isn't worth squat on the world market, is so highly sought after for solving all of the problems of corrupt sub-rate countries around the globe ????
They like American money so much, they print it themselves! LOL
JD Power

Elizabethtown, PA

#13 Dec 29, 2009
Jeebus Porter, how's that kool-aide?

You letter is nothing more than Algore talking points.

Explain the glaciers melting..."global warming" right?

Do you use fossil fuels for anything?
Are you "carbon neutral?

Hypocrite.
Chupacabra

United States

#14 Dec 29, 2009
Climate change happens four times a year, it's called the seasons!
citizen

Chambersburg, PA

#15 Dec 29, 2009
when you consider the fact that only 2,500 scientists are pushing this thing ,and that 31,000 are saying it is pure bull sh*t, combined with the facts surrounding the lies and half truths the 2,500 have been passing back and forth . how can you take that stand ? do you like being lied to ? do you like corrupt politicians and corporations leading you around by your nose ? or are you just stupid ?
WTF

United States

#16 Dec 29, 2009
citizen wrote:
when you consider the fact that only 2,500 scientists are pushing this thing ,and that 31,000 are saying it is pure bull sh*t, combined with the facts surrounding the lies and half truths the 2,500 have been passing back and forth . how can you take that stand ? do you like being lied to ? do you like corrupt politicians and corporations leading you around by your nose ? or are you just stupid ?
They are stupid. Ignorance is a lack of knowlege. Stupidity is an inability to absorb or understand knowlege, even when presented in it's most basic form.

Earl Keese

“global warming is a hoax”

Since: Apr 08

knoxville

#17 Dec 29, 2009
most of those who are pushing this nonsense, are ones who've set themselves up be on the receiving end of grants and funding that comes from this $cam.
mjh233

United States

#18 Dec 29, 2009
Commies are SUCH crybabies.....
Juan Numero Uno

Harrisburg, PA

#19 Dec 29, 2009
I am denying warming.
Holden

Philipsburg, PA

#20 Dec 29, 2009
The drivel of the month award goes to the original poster. Nice job Porter! Now go find something else to chicken-little about, would ya? ;o)
AMAZED

Hanover, PA

#25 Dec 30, 2009
Brrrrrrrr!!!!!!! It is hot out. Global warming is coming soon------it's called spring and summer.
Jon

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#26 Dec 30, 2009
AMAZED wrote:
Brrrrrrrr!!!!!!! It is hot out. Global warming is coming soon------it's called spring and summer.
(sigh) Yes, we still have the changing of the seasons. Climate is LONG-term. Climate and weather are two different things. That is BASIC science. This is why most of you have no idea what you are talking about. You don't understand even the basics and make no attempt to do so. Well here is your chance: http://eo.ucar.edu/basics/ for a simple explanation of both. One hot day over the winter doesn't prove climate change just as much as one cold day doesn't disprove it. It's the rising temps over a decade or more that proves it. And before you say it, the decade long cooling period you deniers like to parrot has been disproved.

Sea levels still rising, deserts still expanding, coral reefs still dying, glaciers still retreating....
Timeout

Tuscaloosa, AL

#28 Dec 31, 2009
Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
(sigh) Yes, we still have the changing of the seasons. Climate is LONG-term. Climate and weather are two different things. That is BASIC science. This is why most of you have no idea what you are talking about. You don't understand even the basics and make no attempt to do so. Well here is your chance: http://eo.ucar.edu/basics/ for a simple explanation of both. One hot day over the winter doesn't prove climate change just as much as one cold day doesn't disprove it. It's the rising temps over a decade or more that proves it. And before you say it, the decade long cooling period you deniers like to parrot has been disproved.
Sea levels still rising, deserts still expanding, coral reefs still dying, glaciers still retreating....
Climate change will happen, like it has happened before (like in reference to the dinosaur age). Throwing billions of dollars will probably not alter the outcome. When we can control volcanoes, earthquakes, when/where tropical storms hit, etc, then I will buy into this.
whomever

Philadelphia, PA

#29 Dec 31, 2009
Of course there's global warming, but it will be followed by global cooling. Then warming, then cooling. Then... Earth is doing exactly what it's been doing for eons. Gotta go and shovel some more global warming from my driveway.
WTF

United States

#30 Dec 31, 2009
My tap water tastes like neptunes bones! LOL Is that a polar bear I hear screaming?
Holden

Philipsburg, PA

#31 Dec 31, 2009
LOL @ Jon,

I suppose you were also freaked out about the 70's warnings for global cooling by some top scientists. And I suppose you were worried when other top scientists warned of the Armageddon to come from SARS and Mad Cow disease. And when brilliant computer scientists warned of Y2K power grid shutdowns, banking failures, etc, you were probably worried then too.

Truth is ... science worries to much about things it can't control and it lacks understanding of. Long-term climate modeling is a very young science, and history shows that young sciences are often fraught with lots and lots of error.

Go ahead with your worry though ... lemmings are entertaining to watch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Inhofe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: McConnell calls ailing John McCain ... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Red Crosse 5
News The Latest: GOP lawmakers mark success with rul... (May '17) May '17 CodeTalker 8
News Looking for answers: Oklahomans hope town hall ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 lastditch 1
News In Toronto, Leonardo DiCaprio delivers 'Before ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 inbred Genius 7
News Fracking Didn't Cause Oklahoma Earthquake (Sep '16) Sep '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News US Sen. Inhofe OK after weather forces him to l... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Hostis Publicus 1
News GOP chairman intensifies fight with White House... (Dec '15) Dec '15 goonsquat 10
More from around the web