Global Warming Denier Sen. Inhofe: I'...

Global Warming Denier Sen. Inhofe: I've Been Vindicated

There are 432 comments on the Oklahoma Impact Team story from Jun 24, 2010, titled Global Warming Denier Sen. Inhofe: I've Been Vindicated. In it, Oklahoma Impact Team reports that:

U.S. Senator Jim Inhofe recently told a town hall meeting in Perry that his stubborn belief that global warming is a hoax is turning out to be correct, and there's proof that the science has been cooked.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oklahoma Impact Team.

First Prev
of 22
Next Last

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#437 Jul 26, 2010
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
A statement by the NAS (National Academy of Sciences) which is the ultimate reference to science in the USA...
What would happen if the ultimate reference to science in the USA had a disagreement with the ultimate reference to science in Canada?

Could we have a war, or would we have to go to the UN? Aren't you really trying to say, the UN IPCC is the ultimate authority, screw G*d?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#438 Jul 26, 2010
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
More like demagoguery.
Demagoguery: impassioned appeals to the prejudices and emotions of the populace (by selection of words and linking of subjects)
I was referring more to Brian's reaction to the word "creationism": it seems to make him uncomfortable, so he projects. It makes him uncomfortable because a) his "experiment" bleat is taken straight from the creationist arguments against evolution and b) he is uncomfortable talking about his own religious beliefs- he once stated that "evolution put the coal there for us to use". Evolution doesn't make plans for 200 million years in the future, so I'm assuming he's applying attributes of a deity to evolution: "God put the coal there for us to use" is probably what he really believes, but for some reason he's not comfortable coming out with his real motivations.

Yes, the "experiment" bleat is demagoguery. It's a college drop out appealing to the ignorance of people even less educated than himself. It's also a troll, in that he's psychologically in need of a response. It's also an attempt to get a rude response. Idiots like Brian seem to view a condescending response as some kind of victory- just like Gore tutting at Bush's idiocy, or that scientist who called Morano an a-hole during a live interview on the BBC. Morano just smiled,'cos he knew an intellectual being condescending to him would win him the vote of the morons in the audience (he miscalculated because not many morons watch Newsnight- it's a bit too highbrow- but the morons probably still watched it on YouTube via WattaTwat.)
Earthling

Pinoso, Spain

#439 Jul 26, 2010
How odd, when FuG bothers to spend time writing an unusually long post using his own words, they're mainly wasted on a put down of another poster.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#440 Jul 26, 2010
Earthling wrote:
<quoted text>How would you describe your passionate appeal to introduce 'fourty' as the correct spelling of forty into the English language?
I have never claimed that the world is going back to the correct spelling. Dictionaries change every year. They are the ultimate 'argument by popularity' as they keep track of the way people use words TODAY rather than how they were fourty years ago.

Spell it any way you damn well please. I really don't care. It is YOU that is spending dozens of posts on trivialies.
Fun Facts

AOL

#441 Jul 26, 2010
Earthling wrote:
<quoted text>Hopefully, but in that case, it's more to do with my interest in the English language and how certain happenings are basically described incorrectly.
'Sunrise' in particular, has amused me for many years.
Perspective is everything.
nate

Traer, IA

#442 Jul 26, 2010
Angel wrote:
If Global Warming is not occurring, then please explain why it is that Oklahoma Summers have gotten hotter and hotter every year for the past 11 years.
What is up with Senator Inhofe telling Senator Boxer, "It's over, gone, done. We won, you lost, get a life"? Is 12 years old?
Theres no such thing as global warming, it's just natural balance, here in Iowa we've had record lows and record amounts of snow and rain for the last 3 years. Like in Oklahoma it's been hotter and dryer than normal You can't say global warming or global cooling just because a few regions or hotter than normal or colder than normal. And if you do research you'll find out that right now 35% to 65% of the earth usually stays warmer or colder than normal (average) and wetter or dryer than the other or vice versa. In the 50s and 60s the soviets and Americans had did nuclear bomb tests and caught the atmosphere and space on fire,and we didn't die from that. The earth naturally repaired itself just like it has other than a few times (Keeping balance) for 100millions plus years.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#444 Jul 26, 2010
Fair Game wrote:
...Yes, the "experiment" bleat is demagoguery. It's a college drop out appealing to the ignorance of people even less educated than himself. It's also a troll, in that he's psychologically in need of a response...
Catastrophists simply don't understand the scientific method. When they are told there are no experimental tests of climate change mitigation, they turn to insult and slander. That's why they are losing the argument.
Earthling

Pinoso, Spain

#445 Jul 27, 2010
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
I have never claimed that the world is going back to the correct spelling.
What is the correct spelling?
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Dictionaries change every year.
Forty hasn't changed since shortly after Chaucer's time, were you at school then?
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
They are the ultimate 'argument by popularity' as they keep track of the way people use words TODAY rather than how they were fourty years ago.
Forty, eighty, one hundred or two hundred years ago, forty was spelt the same by those who could spell proper English and that includes all English speaking countries, including Canada, believe it or not.
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
Spell it any way you damn well please.
I'll continue to spell forty correctly.
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
I really don't care.
You appear to care?
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
It is YOU that is spending dozens of posts on [trivialies].
Time for, "trivialies" or even trivialities is on my side.
CO24LIFE

Montgomery, AL

#446 Jul 27, 2010
beezlbub wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you. Money talks and one can barter for more pollution credits. Mr. Gore spews his crap and he seems to have time and money to get extra wimmins on the side which of course costs money and to get to where they are at would require a vehicle that runs on hydrocarbons and where this activity happened required a place that was constructed and maintained (a/c, water, sewage, trash disposal and other things) with hydrocarbons. They greenies always scream for alt energy like wind farms. It takes energy to build these things and maintain them and as far as the enviroment goes....I grew up visiting my farm and as they added the wind farms it has become an eyesore and looks like crap.
Wind farms are also not allowed if financially affluent neighborhoods can see them, it is only a good idea if the poor people or farmers have their view obstructed.

They also don't produce enough energy consistently to be a primary source of power so coal and natural gas facilities will still be requried.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#447 Jul 27, 2010
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a little baffled that you seem to equate the National Academy of Science with "leftism", "creationism" and "catastrophism". The NAS is the ultimate authority in the USA on scientific issues and they are the ultimate source of science including definition of terms.
It would not be that hard to do if he has read it lately. Just like I am not surprised that you consider it to be the ultimate authority on the subject since you agree with what they have produced. Now if they were to switch you would call for them to be burned at the stake.
rokytop

Thomasville, NC

#448 Jul 27, 2010
When the man yelling the loudest is also the man selling ear protectors... Al Gore and friends stand to become the new billionaire eco-terrorists. They have used the liberal/progressive (l/p) educational system to scare a generation; and should be prosecuted for terrorizing children.
New idea. If l/p's want to stop CO2 being released into the atmosphere; they should breathe less. Humans breathe out CO2 which the plants use to survive. L/p's should agree to breathing half as much.
Sun activity has a lot to do with our weather... If the little ol' moon can cause the tides; just how much does the sun affect us. IDEA: Let's have Obama sign an executive order to outlaw all l/p's from breathing out; it should also outlaw the sun from disturbing our weather.
If you are having record heat; shedule Al Gore to speak in your area. Where ever he goes they have record cooler temperatures.
GEEWIZ

Ashland, KY

#449 Jul 27, 2010
Inhofe needs 2 be head of the EPA then we will get somewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Inhofe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Looking for answers: Oklahomans hope town hall ... Mar '17 lastditch 1
News In Toronto, Leonardo DiCaprio delivers 'Before ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 inbred Genius 7
News Fracking Didn't Cause Oklahoma Earthquake (Sep '16) Sep '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News US Sen. Inhofe OK after weather forces him to l... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Hostis Publicus 1
News GOP chairman intensifies fight with White House... (Dec '15) Dec '15 goonsquat 10
News On climate change, Republicans are truly except... (Dec '15) Dec '15 serfs up 3
News Sen. Inhofe's 81st Birthday Present: Senate Vot... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Patriot AKA Bozo 1
More from around the web