UPDATE 1-US Senate Republicans aim to...

UPDATE 1-US Senate Republicans aim to cut Sandy aid bill down to $24 bln

There are 14 comments on the Reuters story from Dec 20, 2012, titled UPDATE 1-US Senate Republicans aim to cut Sandy aid bill down to $24 bln. In it, Reuters reports that:

U.S. Senate Republicans sought to slash a $60.4 billion aid bill to cover reconstruction after Superstorm Sandy, proposing on Wednesday to fund only $23.8 billion in immediate disaster relief while assessing longer-term needs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 20, 2012
Handing out tax dollars in "aid" because of a natural disaster is not the duty of the Federal government.

The Federal Government's responsibility towards repairing "superstorm" Sandy's damage should be limited to the repair and replacement of infrastructure provided by, or directly related to, federal government operations. Nothing more.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#2 Dec 20, 2012
Cut the PORK, after all, it's almost Ramadan.
goose

Carol Stream, IL

#3 Dec 20, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
One persons pork is another persons prime rib. That is the problem!

Since: Jan 07

Pocono Lake, PA

#4 Dec 20, 2012
Flashbacks to Katrina and the relentless media bashimg of the incompetent Bush regime. Every evening there were interviews with the distraught, the displaced and the grieving. And it was all Bush's fault. In contrast we are hearing virtually nothing about the ongoing crisis in NJ and NY. The weather turned cold in the wake of the storm. Homes and businesses at shore points look like broken toys if they are still there. There are still people living in shelters. My own daughter and grandchild stayed with us until after Thanksgiving. Her husband was staying at a hotel, compliments of his employer. They live in central NJ. There was no damage to her home but they had no power. This was true of many places that did not flood. The hurricane will prove to be a disaster for vacation destinations and thus the state's economy. Some school districts are still closed. I suppose you have to see the disaster up close and personal to understand the magnitude of the destruction. There are so many better options for legislators to get their pictures in the papers, like appearing at the opening of a supermarket.
fatbacks x

Portland, OR

#5 Dec 20, 2012
There has to be several senate misery repeugs with stock in fema trailer building companys.Sort of like when cheney was president. Gotta be a tax free dollar to made off someones elses shi--y luck.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6 Dec 20, 2012
No Child Left wrote:
Flashbacks to Katrina and the relentless media bashimg of the incompetent Bush regime. Every evening there were interviews with the distraught, the displaced and the grieving. And it was all Bush's fault. In contrast we are hearing virtually nothing about the ongoing crisis in NJ and NY. The weather turned cold in the wake of the storm. Homes and businesses at shore points look like broken toys if they are still there. There are still people living in shelters. My own daughter and grandchild stayed with us until after Thanksgiving. Her husband was staying at a hotel, compliments of his employer. They live in central NJ. There was no damage to her home but they had no power. This was true of many places that did not flood. The hurricane will prove to be a disaster for vacation destinations and thus the state's economy. Some school districts are still closed. I suppose you have to see the disaster up close and personal to understand the magnitude of the destruction. There are so many better options for legislators to get their pictures in the papers, like appearing at the opening of a supermarket.
Shush, next thing you know, you'll be like Jake Clapper and actually hold Obama accountable for his do nothing government.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#7 Dec 20, 2012
The Laughing Lobotomy spamming here with his Le Jimbo avatar wrote:
No need to cut the Bork. He got Borked yesterday...

au contraire

Location hidden

#8 Dec 20, 2012
fatbacks x wrote:
There has to be several senate misery repeugs with stock in fema trailer building companys.Sort of like when cheney was president. Gotta be a tax free dollar to made off someones elses shi--y luck.
Another proof that the GED program don't work. Liberals can't even read a ballot, they think they are signing their name when they put an X in the box.

Since: Jan 07

Pocono Lake, PA

#9 Dec 20, 2012
"au contraire"Shush, next thing you know, you'll be like Jake Clapper and actually hold Obama accountable for his do nothing government.

The thought has crossed my mind. I didn't vote for Obama but the other options in both elections were just as bad. My philosophy has always been that I can put up with anything a long as there a time frame. In this case, however, the current administration is beyond endurance. I assume a SWAT team will be at my door momentarily.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#10 Dec 20, 2012
The thousands people wiped out by that hurricane
don't need those billions of dollars as much
as our wonderful job-creating billionaires do.

More money for billionaires!

au contraire

Location hidden

#11 Dec 20, 2012
Gary wrote:
The thousands people wiped out by that hurricane
don't need those billions of dollars as much
as our wonderful job-creating billionaires do.
More money for billionaires!
Oh yes, let's see, Obama appoints a commission, put Biden in charge to start gun control. In 2010 Obama made a commission on the economy and jobs. He hasn't met with the jobs commission in a year. Nothing but pretty speeches and photo ops.

au contraire

Location hidden

#12 Dec 20, 2012
PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to cut the Bork. He got Borked yesterday...
As soon as Obama was force to make a decision he ran, he told Harry Reid to drive us off the cliff. It's Obama's fault, It's Obama's decision.

GOP: We have the votes to pass 'fiscal cliff' compromise...

Harry Reid refuses to consider...

'We Are Not Going to Do Anything'...

SENATE QUITS FOR CHRISTMAS...
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#13 Dec 20, 2012
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
lefraudbo cry-a-thon: Day 44.
Bob Lewis

AOL

#14 Dec 20, 2012
Thank God for some sanity in D.C.
Did you see the massive amount of Pork the Left crammed onto the Relief Bill.
Before Obama and his crowd are finished no one will even admit to BEING a Democrat let alone actually VOTING for one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Inhofe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP chairman intensifies fight with White House... Dec '15 goonsquat 10
News On climate change, Republicans are truly except... Dec '15 serfs up 3
News Sen. Inhofe's 81st Birthday Present: Senate Vot... Nov '15 Patriot AKA Bozo 1
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... (Jun '15) Aug '15 Earthling-1 126
News Pope Francis Expected To Blame Global Warming O... (Jun '15) Jul '15 don t drink the k... 6
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... (Jun '15) Jun '15 2all 42
News Obama cites public health in urging climate cha... (Jun '15) Jun '15 LeDuped 29
More from around the web