Clarence Page: Warming, snow aren't incompatible

Here's a recent headline that caused a few double takes in Washington: "Global warming hearing postponed because of snow." Yes, nothing gives an unearned boost to global-warming skeptics like back-to-back snowstorms variously nicknamed "snowpocalypse" and "snowmageddon," among other less-charitable labels in the nation's capital. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just the Facts

Columbus, OH

#1 Feb 16, 2010
Arrogance of humanity is only matched by the journalist with a personal agenda...

Note to self:
Last ice age ended with global warming.
Humanity was not the cause.

Just the Facts. What goes around, comes around EVEN in earth science.

NEXT!

ICE AGE RE-EMERGING. MEN ARE TO BLAME AGAIN.
gimini210

Dunlap, TN

#2 Feb 16, 2010
Just the Facts wrote:
Arrogance of humanity is only matched by the journalist with a personal agenda...
Note to self:
Last ice age ended with global warming.
Humanity was not the cause.
Just the Facts. What goes around, comes around EVEN in earth science.
NEXT!
ICE AGE RE-EMERGING. MEN ARE TO BLAME AGAIN.
Umm, it seems you could be right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...
Glasnos

Deland, FL

#3 Feb 16, 2010
"A rise in global temperature can create all sorts of havoc, ranging from hotter dry spells to colder winters, along with increasingly violent storms, flooding, forest fires and loss of endangered species."

Looks like Clarence and his progressive pals have it all covered. No matter what the climate does, they can blame it now on man. When the glaciers return to the great lakes ... it is because of globla warming and is all man's fault.

So glad you could clear that up for us Clarence ...
Is it any wonder newspapers are going bankrupt?... Also a "global warming" phenomenon, I'm sure.
gimini210

Dunlap, TN

#4 Feb 16, 2010
They had a heads up from scientist 2 years ago that we were headed for a cold spell that could last up to 30 years so they had to go to climate change to keep their global warming theory going. My concern is that there has been no "honest" debate allowed in the UN or with our government but there are now countries pulling back and claiming it is a scam.

When you block the opposing scientist from showing their finding because they do not match what you agenda is then there is not "honest" anything to it. It becomes a one sided "we are right and you are wrong and we don't want to hear it."

Since: Dec 09

Columbus

#5 Feb 16, 2010
Everything in nature runs in cycles, day/night, summer/fall/spring/summer, and global warming cooling.

That's not to say that humans didn't contribute just a little with greenhouse gases, but it was time once again to cycle and not human caused.
Ron Burgundy

Columbus, OH

#6 Feb 16, 2010
"But whatever you believe in the world of science, it is best to learn through the scientific method, not Internet gossip and propaganda."

Wouldn't it be nice, then, if we could trust the scientific method by the so-called experts on the subject. Instead, their studies have about as much fact as TMZ and their ilk.
Lfod

Pickerington, OH

#8 Feb 16, 2010
It is past time that all of these global warming /climate change carbon credit clowns be treated like Enron Executives. Jail them for fraud starting with Arnold Albert Gore!!!
Earthling

Hellín, Spain

#9 Feb 16, 2010
Im_Here wrote:
Everything in nature runs in cycles, day/night, summer/fall/spring/summer, and global warming cooling.
That's not to say that humans didn't contribute just a little with greenhouse gases, but it was time once again to cycle and not human caused.
Precisely, there are more known climate cycles than there are seasons and probably a few yet to be discovered.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#10 Feb 16, 2010
I just love it when someone demonstrates their complete ignorance by using extreme weather as evidence against Global Warming. Only a complete ignoramus believes that global warming means it's never going to snow ever again anywhere on Earth.
Dimwits that are afraid of Science.
the truth teller

Tulsa, OK

#11 Feb 16, 2010
Frisbee wrote:
I just love it when someone demonstrates their complete ignorance by using extreme weather as evidence against Global Warming. Only a complete ignoramus believes that global warming means it's never going to snow ever again anywhere on Earth.
Dimwits that are afraid of Science.
So are you a dimwit that believes man is causing global warming or a dimwit that believes the earth is doing what it has done forever?
Lfod

Pickerington, OH

#12 Feb 16, 2010
Frisbee wrote:
I just love it when someone demonstrates their complete ignorance by using extreme weather as evidence against Global Warming. Only a complete ignoramus believes that global warming means it's never going to snow ever again anywhere on Earth.
Dimwits that are afraid of Science.
You have lost track of all the LOST RESEARCH, recantations and admitted fraud by the global warming perpetators. How many billions has Gore defrauded from those who by his line of bovine fecal matter. He is guilty of more lies than all the Enron exes and Bernie Madoff combined. send his fat backside to Levanworth ASAP!
Mr Giblets

Haverfordwest, UK

#13 Feb 16, 2010
Frisbee wrote:
I just love it when someone demonstrates their complete ignorance by using extreme weather as evidence against Global Warming. Only a complete ignoramus believes that global warming means it's never going to snow ever again anywhere on Earth.
Dimwits that are afraid of Science.
so why did a famous professor predict that the UK would not have snow anymore? he said it in 2000 AD. Why did they say this winter in the Uk would be mild? They can't get ANYTHING right. Name ONE of Gore's predictions that has come true.

Since: Dec 09

Columbus

#14 Feb 16, 2010
the truth teller wrote:
<quoted text>So are you a dimwit that believes man is causing global warming or a dimwit that believes the earth is doing what it has done forever?
So which category do you fall in? or is there another dimwit category for you?
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#15 Feb 16, 2010
the truth teller wrote:
So are you a dimwit that believes man is causing global warming or a dimwit that believes the earth is doing what it has done forever?
Me and the dimwits at NASA:
http://www.nasa.gov/worldbook/global_warming_...

Just leave Science to Scientists, it's what they do. After all, they're polite enough to leave Mouth Breathing to you.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#16 Feb 16, 2010
Mr Giblets wrote:
so why did a famous professor predict that the UK would not have snow anymore? he said it in 2000 AD. Why did they say this winter in the Uk would be mild? They can't get ANYTHING right. Name ONE of Gore's predictions that has come true.
Really? Which professor said that it would never snow in the UK again due to Global Warming? If he's so famous, it should be easy for you to give us his name.
"They"? Whom are 'they'? Accepting vague, uncited sources as fact, it's no wonder Science mystifies and frightens you.
Glasnos

Deland, FL

#17 Feb 16, 2010
Frisbee wrote:
I just love it when someone demonstrates their complete ignorance by using extreme weather as evidence against Global Warming. Only a complete ignoramus believes that global warming means it's never going to snow ever again anywhere on Earth.
Dimwits that are afraid of Science.
Oh ... right! Like you AGW crazies weren't dancing about after Hurricane Katrina ... gleefully shrieking SEE SEE! We are all going to die! Monster hurricanes and storms are coming because man is polluting!!!... So what happened? Where are the monster hurricanes now? You progressives are such complete hypocrites. You point to weather when it fits your agenda, and dismiss it when it doesn't.... Few people believe your chicken little lies anymore.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#18 Feb 16, 2010
Glasnos wrote:
Oh ... right! Like you AGW crazies weren't dancing about after Hurricane Katrina ... gleefully shrieking SEE SEE! We are all going to die! Monster hurricanes and storms are coming because man is polluting!!!... So what happened? Where are the monster hurricanes now? You progressives are such complete hypocrites. You point to weather when it fits your agenda, and dismiss it when it doesn't.... Few people believe your chicken little lies anymore.
Crazies? Every National Science Academy, NASA, National Geographic Society, NOAA, Smithsonian Institution, Every University..........they're all crazies?
You are confusing hacky political rhetoric with Science. Political puppetmasters prey on your ignorance and you are happy to be their tool. Thankfully, you are not in a position where you get to make decisions that affect others.

You have confused politics with science.
the truth teller

Tulsa, OK

#19 Feb 16, 2010
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>Me and the dimwits at NASA:
http://www.nasa.gov/worldbook/global_warming_...
Just leave Science to Scientists, it's what they do. After all, they're polite enough to leave Mouth Breathing to you.
Gee you people get all in a huff when your science goes south don't you. I will say what I have said all along. Man is NOT causing GLOBAL WARMING.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#20 Feb 16, 2010
the truth teller wrote:
Gee you people get all in a huff when your science goes south don't you. I will say what I have said all along. Man is NOT causing GLOBAL WARMING.
Which Science has gone south?
You live in a fantasy world where Man doesn't affect his environment. The whole of the scientific community lives in the real world.

You should go to your garage, close the door, start the car and see how many times you can repeat: "Man doesn't make CO2 and CO2 doesn't affect a closed system".
Report back with your findings.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#21 Feb 16, 2010
the truth teller wrote:
Gee you people get all in a huff when your science goes south don't you.
In matters of Science, I'll take the word of Scientists over that of a drooling dipshit that doesn't even know what a Question Mark is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Inhofe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joint Chiefs chairman opens door to US boots on... 6 hr Obama Bad 46
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... Sep 17 Always Smile 83
Don't Call Them "Climate Deniers." Call them "C... Aug '14 Monroe 36
Twelve States Sue Obama Administration Over Car... Aug '14 SpaceBlues 1
Inhofe to head environment, global warming comm... (Mar '14) Jun '14 SpaceBlues 111
Republican Lawmakers Say Obama Violated Law to ... Jun '14 Jeff Brightone 1
Climate Change, in Real Time May '14 N8 the Grrr8 25
•••

James Inhofe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••