Quote of the Day: Ted Nugent Threaten...

Quote of the Day: Ted Nugent Threatens Barack Obama

There are 112 comments on the www.theatlantic.com story from Apr 18, 2012, titled Quote of the Day: Ted Nugent Threatens Barack Obama. In it, www.theatlantic.com reports that:

The washed-up rocker and Romney endorser says he'll be in jail or dead if the president is reelected.

Ted Nugent -- the proud gun-owner, poorly coiffed Michigander, and washed-up rocker -- has said some silly and offensive things in the past, and not just while performing "Cat Scratch Fever." In 2007, he said the following during a concert: "Obama, he's a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary [Clinton], you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.theatlantic.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#1 Apr 18, 2012
Another loud-mouth nutcase Republican heard from.

Hey, Ted. Nobody cares. Your 15 minutes of fame were up long ago and you weren't all that great then. Go shoot some little animal. I'm sure it'll make you feel like more of a man.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#2 Apr 18, 2012
I hate it when entertainers speak out, well not the progressive liberal ones like bill maher. As the known leaders of the progressive movement, it is their obligation to do so.
Jennifer

Buffalo, NY

#3 Apr 18, 2012
If he threatened Obama, then he could be facing some serious charges, and calling Hillary Clinton a not-so-nice name could also land this guy in some pretty hot water, I'm talking boiling point. The fact is, when somebody says something on TV or radio that isn't nice, it could come back and bite him.
Sheik Yerbouti

Lambertville, NJ

#4 Apr 18, 2012
"The washed-up rocker and Romney endorser says he'll be in jail or dead if the president is reelected."

Hopefully it will be the latter!

Location hidden

#5 Apr 18, 2012
Many moons ago I was young and impressionable. I spent my hard-earned dollars on record albums (yes, it's been that long), even Ted Nugent's. I went to concerts all over the state. Spent money on movies.

Then one day it occurred to me that I was spending MY money making other people rich. Every time I see that stack of old record albums I'm reminded of all the money I literally gave away. I don't listen to the music anymore. The concerts and movies are but distant memories, but all those celebrities are living very well with the help of my money.

And then they have the nerve to come out in public and open their mouthes regarding politics, not giving a care in the world about how they might offend those who helped put them where they are.

I know longer support entertainers in any way, shape or form. No music, no movies, no sports, no stupid entertainment magazines. I don’t care if some skanky woman is leaving her equally stupid boyfriend. I refuse to waste my money on it. I will use it to invest in something that will benefit ME, rather than help support them in a lifestyle I’ll never come to know.

I only wish I had all that money back that I’d thrown away years ago, especially on that Ted Nugent record.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Apr 18, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
Another loud-mouth nutcase Republican heard from.
Hey, Ted. Nobody cares. Your 15 minutes of fame were up long ago and you weren't all that great then. Go shoot some little animal. I'm sure it'll make you feel like more of a man.
yeah yeah, kinda like we all listen to the NBP or farrakhan when he said yesterday that 'whitey has to change or its the end for them'. Just entertainer hype and drug addled big mouths. course the other entertainers who are open commies and their speech is appaling when it comes to conservatives, that's ok.
dogmatic

United States

#8 Apr 18, 2012
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah yeah, kinda like we all listen to the NBP or farrakhan when he said yesterday that 'whitey has to change or its the end for them'. Just entertainer hype and drug addled big mouths. course the other entertainers who are open commies and their speech is appaling when it comes to conservatives, that's ok.
so basically your rebuttal is "but they do it too" maybe you should call a waaaambulance.....

“Slicing Through the B.S.”

Since: Aug 09

Wanna touch my Katana?

#9 Apr 18, 2012
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference (which obviously escapes you) is that Nugent called for the killing of the President, in and of itself, a criminal act. He also called for the killing of other elected (read Democrat) officials, also a Federal crime. Farrakhan has never called for the the killing of a President or other political leader.

It is one thing to vehemently disagree with a person's politics, even those of the President. I despised Bush, especially for Iraq, but I never wished someone would take him out. Neither did Farrakhan. THAT is the difference.

Location hidden

#10 Apr 18, 2012
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
What's this got to do with anything. Did I mention Farrakhan? Did I say that was part of my dismissed "entertainment" package?

You made an "assumption" because you wanted to make an opposing point, but it only served to make you look stupid.
hmmmmm

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Apr 18, 2012
Okuba_Toshimichi wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference (which obviously escapes you) is that Nugent called for the killing of the President, in and of itself, a criminal act. He also called for the killing of other elected (read Democrat) officials, also a Federal crime. Farrakhan has never called for the the killing of a President or other political leader.
It is one thing to vehemently disagree with a person's politics, even those of the President. I despised Bush, especially for Iraq, but I never wished someone would take him out. Neither did Farrakhan. THAT is the difference.
except for farrakhans diatribe about 'killing the leaders' monday

Location hidden

#12 Apr 18, 2012
hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Farrakhan is a nutcase, too. I think most sane people realize that.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#14 Apr 18, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
Many moons ago I was young and impressionable. I spent my hard-earned dollars on record albums (yes, it's been that long), even Ted Nugent's. I went to concerts all over the state. Spent money on movies.
Then one day it occurred to me that I was spending MY money making other people rich. Every time I see that stack of old record albums I'm reminded of all the money I literally gave away. I don't listen to the music anymore. The concerts and movies are but distant memories, but all those celebrities are living very well with the help of my money.
And then they have the nerve to come out in public and open their mouthes regarding politics, not giving a care in the world about how they might offend those who helped put them where they are.
I know longer support entertainers in any way, shape or form. No music, no movies, no sports, no stupid entertainment magazines. I don’t care if some skanky woman is leaving her equally stupid boyfriend. I refuse to waste my money on it. I will use it to invest in something that will benefit ME, rather than help support them in a lifestyle I’ll never come to know.
I only wish I had all that money back that I’d thrown away years ago, especially on that Ted Nugent record.
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

I much prefer Little Feat, the greatest, tightest R&R Band still touring.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#16 Apr 18, 2012
He didn't make a threat to anyone.

Quit f*cking whining.

Go arrest Farrakhan.

Nugent for V.P.
Indy

Batavia, IL

#17 Apr 18, 2012
hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you're equating Nugent to Farrakhan, I agree.
Indy

Batavia, IL

#18 Apr 18, 2012
Space Cowboy wrote:
He didn't make a threat to anyone.
Quit f*cking whining.
Go arrest Farrakhan.
Nugent for V.P.
Why should we arrest Farrakhan and not Nugent? I'm just hoping Nugent does what he promises and is either in jail or dead if Obama is elected again!
Rick

Tempe, AZ

#19 Apr 18, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
At least you ve learned your lessons well. Wisdom cannot be taught, it must be learned by oneself. You are fortunate that you ve done that.
Rick

Tempe, AZ

#20 Apr 18, 2012
Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we arrest Farrakhan and not Nugent? I'm just hoping Nugent does what he promises and is either in jail or dead if Obama is elected again!
I am easy to satisfy, I would be happy if the condition of whether Obama is re-elected or not removed from Nugent going to jail or dead.
Indy

Batavia, IL

#21 Apr 18, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
Not buying into the idea of "celebrity" is a principle I live by. I do allow myself the luxury of entertainment I deem worthy though.
Always Thinking

Jefferson City, MO

#22 Apr 18, 2012
I just listened to the video clip and Ted Nugent threatened no one, I did get he felt threatened and understandably so.

Just yesterday I heard of Blackhawk Helicopters with military hanging out the doors with machine guns and it is said to only be a "routine training conducted by military personnel in cities across the country." Routine my arse, when was the last time we heard of anything like this to call it "routine"

Blackhawks Circle Low Through Chicago Skies as Secret Service Releases Security Details
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/mi...

But let's not forget about protesting when the Secret Service is involved.
Bill Passes House: Protests Near Secret Service Protected Folk Effectively Outlawed
http://reason.com/blog/2012/03/01/bill-passes...
Yup

Seattle, WA

#23 Apr 18, 2012
Love You Uncle Ted!!!
Geeez; he didn't threaten obama

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillary Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 5 hr gwww 71
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 5 hr TRUMP FAN 30
News Why Tim Kaine has already made history 7 hr Dr Wu 9
News Running mate for Clinton, Elizabeth Warren offe... 8 hr davy 23
News A spurned Christie commands the spotlight 9 hr WasteWater 110
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers 9 hr Deport Trump 43
News Sanders delegates use crowdfunding to help get ... 11 hr kelly 1
More from around the web