Advocates of blind fault TV skit about NY Governor

Dec 15, 2008 Read more: The Associated Press 30
The National Federation of the Blind said it considers NBC's 'Saturday Night Live' skit making fun of New York Gov. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Unions SUCK

Lerona, WV

#23 Dec 16, 2008
Robert Laity wrote:
<quoted text>Patterson is a very skilled,knowledgeable and inspiring individual. he may one day be our first Blind President.The 27% who think disparaging him was funny are degenerates!
He's a QUOTA...He's a COMMIE...get over it....that's about ALL he is...oh, and he's blind too...what is it about liberals that they act like somehow the world is responsible for this loser being blind.

“DC Police Complaint #T14002751”

Since: Nov 08

Swift Water,NY

#24 Dec 18, 2008
Carl in Murrells Inlet wrote:
<quoted text>
When??? Oh like many years ago... I mean, the Wayans', South Park, The Simpsons, just to name a few have used EVERYONE.... I repeat... EVERYONE as fodder for their jokes. In this case, the only real difference is this man is not only blind, and African American, but also a democrat.
There have been a few blind comedians who have used their disability in their acts, to hilarious results. In quite a few television series that has ever been, there has been a stint on the main character becoming blind for some reason or not, and if the show was a sitcom, it was to hilarious results.
I'm quite certain you laughed your butt off when SNL poked fun at Palin, McCain, and quite a few other politicians, that is if you even watched it. But in this case, the butt of the jokes was someone who you like.... So now it is not funny. Such narrow-mindedness!
I voted for McCain and Palin. I laugh a lot at some jokes and skits. However, disparaging the handicapped crosses the line!

Swift Water,NY

#25 Dec 18, 2008
Unions SUCK wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a QUOTA...He's a COMMIE...get over it....that's about ALL he is...oh, and he's blind too...what is it about liberals that they act like somehow the world is responsible for this loser being blind.
He's no "Quota" he is an elected official.Obama is the "commie". He's no loser. He's Governor of one of the major states in the union.

Swift Water,NY

#26 Dec 18, 2008
Unions SUCK wrote:
<quoted text>
HELLO, he has braille TV...what a moron.
You can't resist can you?
Unions SUCK

Lerona, WV

#27 Dec 19, 2008
Here's a GREAT way to have fun. Get some really dark glasses. Then get a white cane. Just get a length of 1/2 white PVC pipe at Home Depot for a few pennies. Then hop in your car and drive. Keep the driver's window down and use your "white cane" to "feel" where you are as you drive around. It might cause a few serious accidents but it is LOADS of fun.

Swift Water,NY

#28 Dec 20, 2008
Unions SUCK wrote:
<quoted text>
"Quotas" don't get elected. He's an american. No one said the world is responsible for Paterson's blindness. In arguendo,the world might be responsible for his blindness with all the toxins and bad medicines everyone is exposed to. We are all responsible for our manners and our respect or lack thereof for others. You are a deviant!

Swift Water,NY

#29 Dec 20, 2008
Unions SUCK wrote:
Here's a GREAT way to have fun. Get some really dark glasses. Then get a white cane. Just get a length of 1/2 white PVC pipe at Home Depot for a few pennies. Then hop in your car and drive. Keep the driver's window down and use your "white cane" to "feel" where you are as you drive around. It might cause a few serious accidents but it is LOADS of fun.
I am legally blind in one eye. I drive,read,work,swim and do everything you can do.I have had no cars accidents in over 25 years. Our governor is quite able to perform his duties and would make a fine President!

Swift Water,NY

#30 Dec 20, 2008
Unions SUCK wrote:
You are not funny. You are pathetic!

“Politicians are like diapers”

Since: May 08

Summerville, SC

#31 Dec 22, 2008
Robert Laity wrote:
<quoted text>I voted for McCain and Palin. I laugh a lot at some jokes and skits. However, disparaging the handicapped crosses the line!
Even the old TV show M.A.S.H. had Alan Alda's character "Hawkeye" as a time when he went blind. And even after he regained his sight, he attempted to fool the nurses into thinking he had re-lost his sight. And I also remember one episode that had the great, Tom Sullivan (who is blind by the way) who was portraying a blinded soldier. Who had cracked some jokes about his blindness. And speaking of Tom Sullivan, he has been on numerous sitcoms as a blind man, who has had been part of many funny situations.

Swift Water,NY

#32 Dec 23, 2008
Carl in Murrells Inlet wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the old TV show M.A.S.H. had Alan Alda's character "Hawkeye" as a time when he went blind. And even after he regained his sight, he attempted to fool the nurses into thinking he had re-lost his sight. And I also remember one episode that had the great, Tom Sullivan (who is blind by the way) who was portraying a blinded soldier. Who had cracked some jokes about his blindness. And speaking of Tom Sullivan, he has been on numerous sitcoms as a blind man, who has had been part of many funny situations.
All example of comedic portrayal of fictitional characters,not a real-life Governor who is in office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillary Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pataki criticizes GOP focus on social issues 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 16
News Poll: Hillary Clinton most admired woman 3 hr barefoot2626 490
News Hillary Clinton: Elizabeth Warren is holding my... 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 32
News Hillary Clinton impresses Iowa lawmakers 6 hr okimar 2
News Clinton already uniting prospective GOP preside... 9 hr Teddy 55
News Clinton's second act: Her long road to 2016 dec... Thu Synque 22
News Christie says he can beat Clinton (Jun '14) Apr 15 swedenforever 42
More from around the web