Advocates of blind fault TV skit about NY Governor

The National Federation of the Blind said it considers NBC's 'Saturday Night Live' skit making fun of New York Gov. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Politicians are like diapers”

Since: May 08

Summerville, SC

#1 Dec 15, 2008
Kinda ironic... SNL portrays certain other politicians as "unprepared for the job" and everyone is laughing and happy... But, if they take a page out of the Wayans brothers playbook, and begin to make fun of everyone.... And there is a massive uproar... Just seems to me that the old cliche should be true... "What is good for the goose, is good for the gander!"
Reality Bites

Burkesville, KY

#2 Dec 15, 2008
Everyone is fair game on SNL, and in comedy. At any given time somebody is offended. Most viewers realize everything is meant "tongue in cheek".
marv rein

Farmington, MI

#3 Dec 15, 2008
make fun of white males r the only people ya can make fun of.
CalypsoLouie

Aurora, CO

#5 Dec 15, 2008
SNL hasn't been funny in over 25 years. They have crossed the line too many times. Must be running out of ideas. This show should be cancelled. But then, where would all the haters go to watch their ilk.
Blind leading the blind

Longville, LA

#6 Dec 15, 2008
I thought it was really funny and it was definately the best skit of the whole show. I'm thinking that most of the joke was a visual, so I don't understand how Gov. Patterson could be so offended. I'm sure he didn't see what was going on anyway, nor did any other blind TV viewers.
lil fred

Wilkes Barre, PA

#7 Dec 15, 2008
i see the focus on humor...but the fight is blurry!!!
Unions SUCK

Lerona, WV

#9 Dec 15, 2008
You can NEVER make fun of the commies. However, you MUST insult and make ugly untrue comments against ALL those with morals and those on the right.
FedUp

United States

#10 Dec 15, 2008
Typical hypersensitive, egotistical politician. They are all a bunch of hypocritical, whiney crybabies.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#11 Dec 15, 2008
Unions SUCK wrote:
You can NEVER make fun of the commies. However, you MUST insult and make ugly untrue comments against ALL those with morals and those on the right.
Idiot. You're a fool. As far as only making fun of those on the right, has there been a comedian, show, or cartoon that hasn't made fun of Bill Clinton? Heck, Family Guy episode has Clinton running around naked and smoking pot....funny as h3lll by the way.

You're paranoid and irrational. Folks like you work to keep our country divided.

“DC Police Complaint #T14002751”

Since: Nov 08

Swift Water,NY

#12 Dec 16, 2008
Carl in Murrells Inlet wrote:
Kinda ironic... SNL portrays certain other politicians as "unprepared for the job" and everyone is laughing and happy... But, if they take a page out of the Wayans brothers playbook, and begin to make fun of everyone.... And there is a massive uproar... Just seems to me that the old cliche should be true... "What is good for the goose, is good for the gander!"
When did the National Federation of the Blind disparaged SNL? When did the Blind or any other disabled group become fodder for deviant comedians?

Swift Water,NY

#13 Dec 16, 2008
Reality Bites wrote:
Everyone is fair game on SNL, and in comedy. At any given time somebody is offended. Most viewers realize everything is meant "tongue in cheek".
Everyone is NOT fair game. It is illegal discrimination to disparage the Blind!It is also grossly uncouth!

Swift Water,NY

#14 Dec 16, 2008
marv rein wrote:
make fun of white males r the only people ya can make fun of.
Society is becoming disgraceful and grossly ill-mannered!

Swift Water,NY

#15 Dec 16, 2008
Helen Keller wrote:
I...I just don't see the problem.
Deviant!

Swift Water,NY

#16 Dec 16, 2008
CalypsoLouie wrote:
SNL hasn't been funny in over 25 years. They have crossed the line too many times. Must be running out of ideas. This show should be cancelled. But then, where would all the haters go to watch their ilk.
Patterson is a very skilled,knowledgeable and inspiring individual. he may one day be our first Blind President.The 27% who think disparaging him was funny are degenerates!

Swift Water,NY

#17 Dec 16, 2008
Blind leading the blind wrote:
I thought it was really funny and it was definately the best skit of the whole show. I'm thinking that most of the joke was a visual, so I don't understand how Gov. Patterson could be so offended. I'm sure he didn't see what was going on anyway, nor did any other blind TV viewers.
It was wrong. You are part of 27% that thought it was funny. You are a deviant!

Swift Water,NY

#18 Dec 16, 2008
lil fred wrote:
i see the focus on humor...but the fight is blurry!!!
Disparaging the Blind is deviant activity.

Swift Water,NY

#19 Dec 16, 2008
FedUp wrote:
Typical hypersensitive, egotistical politician. They are all a bunch of hypocritical, whiney crybabies.
You are full of shit!

Swift Water,NY

#20 Dec 16, 2008
FedUp wrote:
Mr. Patterson is my Governor you degenerate!

“Politicians are like diapers”

Since: May 08

Marietta, GA

#21 Dec 16, 2008
Robert Laity wrote:
<quoted text>When did the National Federation of the Blind disparaged SNL? When did the Blind or any other disabled group become fodder for deviant comedians?
When??? Oh like many years ago... I mean, the Wayans', South Park, The Simpsons, just to name a few have used EVERYONE.... I repeat... EVERYONE as fodder for their jokes. In this case, the only real difference is this man is not only blind, and African American, but also a democrat.

There have been a few blind comedians who have used their disability in their acts, to hilarious results. In quite a few television series that has ever been, there has been a stint on the main character becoming blind for some reason or not, and if the show was a sitcom, it was to hilarious results.

I'm quite certain you laughed your butt off when SNL poked fun at Palin, McCain, and quite a few other politicians, that is if you even watched it. But in this case, the butt of the jokes was someone who you like.... So now it is not funny. Such narrow-mindedness!
Unions SUCK

Lerona, WV

#22 Dec 16, 2008
Blind leading the blind wrote:
HELLO, he has braille TV...what a moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillary Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton's madcap media mob 4 hr Deo Vindice 5
Hillary Clinton Blames Republicans for 'Egregio... Thu Far Away 1
Hillary Clinton Discusses 9/11 Health Act at La... Thu Obama Bad 13
'The View' premiere pulls best ratings in 8 years Wed Obama Bad 3
Hillary Clinton in Iowa stirs 2016 speculation Sep 16 HeilHillary 6
Senator cites Michelle Obama challenge to raise... Sep 15 WelbyMD 32
NBC's Lauer Asks Dem Senator Why She Didn't 'Ca... Sep 15 Go Blue Forever 1
•••

Hillary Clinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE