Senate Landscape Shifting as Election Day Approaches

Oct 24, 2012 Full story: Roll Call 28

Look no further for evidence of a fluid Senate landscape than where the party committees and outside groups have spent the most money over the past week.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Washington, DC

#1 Oct 24, 2012

The Jackasscrats have had the Majority for years and done nothing but Authorize the Iraq War, Increase the National Debt and pass Obamacare in the middle of the night.

These clowns must be shown the Door.

I'm perfectly fine with a split senate where the party Have to work together and with New President Romney. This puppet senate we have now parroting Obama's bullshit is a Joke.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Washington, DC

#2 Oct 24, 2012
In the past three weeks, Romney has not only gained in vote share, but has increased his personal favorability to the point where it now exceeds the president's. Anyone watching the third debate would rather have Romney over for dinner than Obama. And who would want to have a beer with that peevish nitpicker of a president?

The net effect of the debate will be to help propel Romney to even higher vote shares. He was presidential, dignified and personable. He has used the debates to resurrect a candidacy that was languishing and make it into a presidential juggernaut.

Say buh-Bye to the Jerk Obama.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#3 Oct 24, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
The Jackasscrats have had the Majority for years and done nothing but Authorize the Iraq War, Increase the National Debt and pass Obamacare in the middle of the night.
I'm perfectly fine with a split senate where the party Have to work together and with New President Romney. This puppet senate we have now parroting Obama's bullshit is a Joke.
Oh stop exaggerating, The Senate loss the ability to pass legislation exactly one year to the day Obama went into the White House with the seating of Scott Brown in Jan 2010. From that point onward, we saw a historical 50 plus filibusters from the Republicans in the Senate until Mid Terms.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#4 Oct 24, 2012
In the past three weeks, Romney has not only gained in vote share, but has increased his personal favorability to the point where it now exceeds the president's. Anyone watching the third debate would rather have Romney over for dinner than Obama. And who would want to have a beer with that peevish nitpicker of a president?
The net effect of the debate will be to help propel Romney to even higher vote shares. He was presidential, dignified and personable. He has used the debates to resurrect a candidacy that was languishing and make it into a presidential juggernaut.
Say buh-Bye to the Jerk Obama.
Vote Shares in traditional red states, Romney is unable without Ohio to win the Electoral Votes needed to go into the white house, as Obama has secured the larger population centers of America on the East and West Coast north of Virginia, and East of the Great Lakes.

Romney will do well in this campaign not to loose by more than 150 Electoral Votes

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#5 Oct 24, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stop exaggerating, The Senate loss the ability to pass legislation exactly one year to the day Obama went into the White House with the seating of Scott Brown in Jan 2010. From that point onward, we saw a historical 50 plus filibusters from the Republicans in the Senate until Mid Terms.
It's not nice to lie to the ignorant bots. It takes 51 votes to pass a bill in the senate....it only takes a good bill and a good President to get it done. When Obama Care is recinded, it will be with 51 or more votes.
Gravediggers

United States

#6 Oct 24, 2012
Fault Mitch McConnell!

McConnell and Boehner need to go!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7 Oct 24, 2012
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Vote Shares in traditional red states, Romney is unable without Ohio to win the Electoral Votes needed to go into the white house, as Obama has secured the larger population centers of America on the East and West Coast north of Virginia, and East of the Great Lakes.
Romney will do well in this campaign not to loose by more than 150 Electoral Votes
So reading and comprehinsion is your second language.

Romney 330
Obama 209
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#8 Oct 24, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>It's not nice to lie to the ignorant bots. It takes 51 votes to pass a bill in the senate....it only takes a good bill and a good President to get it done. When Obama Care is recinded, it will be with 51 or more votes.
Before a bill can be voted on in the Senate, closure on the debate requires 60 votes.

Stop pretending you're so ignorant you don't know who the Senate Works in America. Nobody discussing politics can be so stupid. What do you supposed a Filibuster is in Congress?
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#9 Oct 24, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>So reading and comprehinsion is your second language.
Romney 330
Obama 209
There aren't enough red state electoral votes to equal 330
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#10 Oct 24, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
Romney 330
Obama 209
Currently the total is 233 Obama, 195 Romney

2:19 PM EDT, WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 24, 2012
IBD/TIPP Tracking Poll: Obama By 3 Points Nationally

President Obama leads Wendesday’s IBD/TIPP tracking poll by 3 points, 47.3 percent to Republican candidate Mitt Romney’s 44.3 percent. That’s an improvement for the president…

1:04 PM EDT, WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 24, 2012
Gallup: Obama Gains On Romney

President Obama gained another point in today’s Gallup tracking poll of likely voters, now trailing Mitt Romney by 3 points. Romney lost a point in

So Obama is now trailing Romney by a shrinking margin in one poll and expanding his lead in another.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#11 Oct 24, 2012
POLLS: FL PRESIDENT '12
Conducted by Zogby from 10/16/2012 to 10/18/2012.
1 Barack Obama (D) 6.0 48.0
2 Mitt Romney (R) 42.0
Release information available from Zogby.
n/a margin of error.
842 Likely Voters were polled by internet survey

POLLS: US PRESIDENT '12
Conducted by IBD/TIPP from 10/18/2012 to 10/23/2012.
1 Barack Obama (D) 3.0 47.3
2 Mitt Romney (R) 44.3
Release information available from IBD/TIPP.
±3.5 margin of error.
922 Likely Voters were polled by telephone survey.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#12 Oct 24, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
Romney 330
Obama 209
You just make this shit up, hoping some lemmings will believe you. When Obama beats holy crap out of Mitt, You'll probably be calling Romney "Mr. President" while clacking your dentures to the tune of Hail to the Chief.
Mitt da Flip Floppa

Fitchburg, MA

#13 Oct 24, 2012
We need to vote out all Republican OBSTRUCTIONIST!

These Republicans are foot soldiers for the Corporate Communist party!
i kneee 2 fart

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#15 Oct 24, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You just make this shit up, hoping some lemmings will believe you. When Obama beats holy crap out of Mitt, You'll probably be calling Romney "Mr. President" while clacking your dentures to the tune of Hail to the Chief.
USA> United Senate of Azinger!!;-0000h, E. Pluribus Unum ;-0000
i kneee 2 fart

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#16 Oct 24, 2012
Mitt da Flip Floppa wrote:
We need to vote out all Republican OBSTRUCTIONIST!
These Republicans are foot soldiers for the Corporate Communist party!
it's not about the Exucutive branch seal!!move on kid;)
Mitt da Flip Floppa

Fitchburg, MA

#17 Oct 24, 2012
I voted for McCain the last election after Hillary lost. I am voting for Obama as well as my family this time around.

I voted for Scott Brown the last election because Martha Coakley is suspect. I will vote for Elizabeth Waren this time around as Scott showed his true colors by voting with the Obstructionist!!!

I am an independent! Republicans must all be voted out if America is to strive!

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#18 Oct 24, 2012
Your lobotomy's evident dipshit! Republiscum had the Congress for 10 years dummy!

Democrats went along with information proffered to them by a corrupt Bush regime, or have you forgotten all those nasty things YOU stated about Bush as well?????

You so fcuking stupid - 17 of Romney's 24 foriegn policy advisers are from the Bush administration! Think you're gonna get something different? That idiot wants to pump an additional 2 trillion into the military! WTF is wrong with you? Hasen't this country already given billions to a war we never should have been in to begin with? if you don't think Halliburton or Cheney have anything to do with the sudden "Mr. Ultra Conserevative", you're an idiot!

Lake Success, N.Y.

#19 Oct 24, 2012
I voted for McCain the last election after Hillary lost. I am voting for Obama as well as my family this time around.
I voted for Scott Brown the last election because Martha Coakley is suspect. I will vote for Elizabeth Waren this time around as Scott showed his true colors by voting with the Obstructionist!!!
So true! I do a lot of work up in Worchester and Boston - have yet to find a single business owner or individual that has anything good to say about Romney.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#20 Oct 24, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
Romney 330
Obama 209
Here goes Dumbo and this fool's fictitious numbers again.
i kneee 2 fart

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#21 Oct 24, 2012
yo vote never count!!! do U know watta E. Pluribus Unum meant?!! ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Allen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob McDonnell: Mitt Romney will win Virginia (Apr '12) Nov '14 Swedenforever 12
In 2014 midterms, Republicans increasingly see ... Oct '14 Le Duped 6
Redskins Hire Liberal Blogger to Fight Name-Cha... Jun '14 indian welfares 1
VA-Sen: Ken Cuccinelli (R) For Senate? (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jorja Fox 1
Ken Cuccinelli Shows How to Lose the Virginia G... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Kathwynn 67
Tea party hero Cuccinelli is Va. GOP gov nominee (May '13) Nov '13 conservative crapola 9
Post Poll: Tim Kaine opens first lead over Geor... (Sep '12) Aug '13 swedenforever 49
More from around the web