Kaine Kicks Off State-Wide Canvass Effort in Charlottesville - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA New...

There are 66 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Sep 22, 2012, titled Kaine Kicks Off State-Wide Canvass Effort in Charlottesville - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA New.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Former Governor Tim Kaine kicked off a state-wide voter canvassing effort in Charlottesville on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Dude

Purcellville, VA

#23 Sep 23, 2012
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just an idiot! Kain is a tax and spend liberal who wants class warfare and wanted to take away our right to pee! Which stores do you own because I bet everything you sell has rat poison in it and we want to run you out of business so we can save America !
So Kaine was a lot like Ronald Reagan?
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

#24 Sep 23, 2012
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with putting liberal owned stores out of business! It will teach them what real business is like! If Republicans win in November it will be good for the whole country and will be worth any price!
I sure wish more commulibs would season their food with rat poison and do us all a favor!
Perhaps this is what the republicans think about anyone other than a republican. Is this what Romney meant with his 47% comment? They would love to have genocide in the country. Is Hitler one of your heroes?
central va marine

Scottsville, VA

#25 Sep 23, 2012
The sad part of the participation in this dialog on Kaine, is that the complainers will be affected by Mitt's policies of more taxes, higher medical cost, increases in State Taxes through mandates; and yet they still support the "most unpopular candidate for President ever in the history of this Country". So says a Conservatives writer.

Where were these people who are concerned about spending when "W" was sending millions of dollars, loaded on pallets, by the plane load to Iraq. Starting wars that cost us trillions in tax dollars, and many more trillions in medical care for injured Veterans. Oh wait, Romney, Ryan, Allen, Cantor, Hurt, Eastwood are going top cut VA Benefits. What was your stance then. It is time to defend yourself, or log off.

more to come
Dude

Purcellville, VA

#26 Sep 23, 2012
central va marine wrote:
The sad part of the participation in this dialog on Kaine, is that the complainers will be affected by Mitt's policies of more taxes, higher medical cost, increases in State Taxes through mandates; and yet they still support the "most unpopular candidate for President ever in the history of this Country". So says a Conservatives writer.
Where were these people who are concerned about spending when "W" was sending millions of dollars, loaded on pallets, by the plane load to Iraq. Starting wars that cost us trillions in tax dollars, and many more trillions in medical care for injured Veterans. Oh wait, Romney, Ryan, Allen, Cantor, Hurt, Eastwood are going top cut VA Benefits. What was your stance then. It is time to defend yourself, or log off.
more to come
Eastwood doesn't actually support republicans either

http://www.ellentv.com/2012/09/18/clint-eastw...
Jason

Charlottesville, VA

#27 Sep 23, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>So Kaine was a lot like Ronald Reagan?
That might be the most stupid and offensive comment I have ever seen on Topix! How desperate you must be to smear the name of the greatest president that ever lived by putting it with a tax and spend loser like Kain.

I know facts have no meaning to liberals, but I will try anyway.

Reagan cut taxes more than any president in history. He won the cold war, freed the Iran hostages, and gave us 8 years of the greatest prosperity in history. Kain raised taxes, closed the rest stops and bankrupted the state.
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

#28 Sep 23, 2012
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
That might be the most stupid and offensive comment I have ever seen on Topix! How desperate you must be to smear the name of the greatest president that ever lived by putting it with a tax and spend loser like Kain.
I know facts have no meaning to liberals, but I will try anyway.
Reagan cut taxes more than any president in history. He won the cold war, freed the Iran hostages, and gave us 8 years of the greatest prosperity in history. Kain raised taxes, closed the rest stops and bankrupted the state.
I have never seen any historian list Reagan as the "greatest President". You would put Reagan above Washington, FDR, Lincoln, Jefferson, or Teddy Roosevelt?
Harvey Garciawica

Vesta, VA

#29 Sep 23, 2012
thinking free wrote:
It would seem Romney has cursed everybody running on the neanderthal ticket.
Spoken like a true Obama worshiping Demosheep!
Harvey Garciawica

Vesta, VA

#30 Sep 23, 2012
hondacivic wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps this is what the republicans think about anyone other than a republican. Is this what Romney meant with his 47% comment? They would love to have genocide in the country. Is Hitler one of your heroes?
It's funny you should invoke Hitler. Especially when you compare the two. Did Hitler have a logo? Yes he did with the swastika. Obama has his logo. Hitler promised Hope and change. Didn't Obama run under the same banner? I believe he did. Did Hitler hate the jews? So does Obama. He couldn't meet with Netanyahu because he needed to do his Stupid Human Trick for Letterman, you know the one, Blame Bush.

If Obama is such a wonderful president why aren't you driving one of the GM cars that Obama gave our tax dollars to?

Are you anti-semitic?
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

#32 Sep 23, 2012
Harvey Garciawica wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny you should invoke Hitler. Especially when you compare the two. Did Hitler have a logo? Yes he did with the swastika. Obama has his logo. Hitler promised Hope and change. Didn't Obama run under the same banner? I believe he did. Did Hitler hate the jews? So does Obama. He couldn't meet with Netanyahu because he needed to do his Stupid Human Trick for Letterman, you know the one, Blame Bush.
If Obama is such a wonderful president why aren't you driving one of the GM cars that Obama gave our tax dollars to?
Are you anti-semitic?
Doesn't Romney have his own logo? The red, white, and blue R. I made the comment about Hitler replying to Jason saying that anyone who doesn't agree with his view should ingest rat poison. That really sounds humane and American.

I can drive whichever car I want to. Why doesn't Exxon give us cheaper gas for the subsidizes that we give the oil industry?
Jason

Charlottesville, VA

#33 Sep 23, 2012
hondacivic wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never seen any historian list Reagan as the "greatest President". You would put Reagan above Washington, FDR, Lincoln, Jefferson, or Teddy Roosevelt?
Reagan is above any of those democrats! Teddy was an environmentalist tree hugger. Jefferson was a slaveowner. Perhaps you want to own slaves?!? Lincoln plunged the country into civil war. FDR was Americas worst socialist until Obama. Washington was OK, but even he owned slaves.
Jason

Charlottesville, VA

#34 Sep 23, 2012
Gnu wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so full of chit, if you were given an an enema, we could bury you in a shoebox.
Ronald Reagan, the friendly fascist. Good riddance.
Says the walking talking demorat stool!
There you again

Charlottesville, VA

#35 Sep 23, 2012
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
That might be the most stupid and offensive comment I have ever seen on Topix! How desperate you must be to smear the name of the greatest president that ever lived by putting it with a tax and spend loser like Kain.
I know facts have no meaning to liberals, but I will try anyway.
Reagan cut taxes more than any president in history. He won the cold war, freed the Iran hostages, and gave us 8 years of the greatest prosperity in history. Kain raised taxes, closed the rest stops and bankrupted the state.
Ideologically, he was a hater and an imperialist and far-right loony-tune. He hated the poor. He hated gays. He hated leftists. He hated communists - and he was pretty sure you were one if you disagreed with him. He hated and he hated and he hated. Just ask his own kids. He hated them and himself and his ex-wife. Ronald Reagan was a twisted unrepentant closed-minded chit-bag hate monger. And that's just for starters.
He never met an American in need he didn't chit directly upon. His response to the AIDS epidemic is one of the most sickening cold-blooded expressions of pure murderous political evil in the history of the earth. Genghis Khan could only dream of such depravity and indifference to human suffering. There is so much more, but, hell, if you don't already know about this chit, then go read a f'n book or two.
Then there was Iran-Contra - the infamous orgy of unfettered criminality at the heart of the Reagan legacy. Again, look it up. Rogues, liars, crooks, murderers and ignorant heartless scum surrounded Reagan at all times. Alli Babba would've been shamed. But Ronald Reagan was shameless.
The War on Drugs and it's ballooning of the prison/criminal industrial complex and the rise of brainless goon-like authoritarianism? Or the destruction of the modern labor movement including the cowardly firing of the Air Traffic Controllers? Or the beginnings of the current trend of packing the Judiciary with corrupt freakish pseudo-fascist stoolies? Or the repugnant rapes of Lebanon and Grenada? Or the dim-witted goofball junk science that came to known as "Reaganomics?" Or grant rigging at the Department of Housing and Urban Development? Or James Watt and the whole-hearted attempt to destroy the earth and all it's inhabitants at the expense of greed mongers and corporate whores? Or the largest white collar theft in the history of planet Earth - the Savings and Loan Bailout? And on and on and on and on.
So let me conclude,
Ronald Reagan will forever be remembered as one of the most idiotic, vile, worthless leaders of any any nation in any era.
HIM

Charlottesville, VA

#36 Sep 23, 2012
I know you don't have to be very smart to be a liberal, but with what kaine did to our state and obama did to out country in recent years you would think even a liberal would vote Republican!
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

#37 Sep 23, 2012
HIM wrote:
I know you don't have to be very smart to be a liberal, but with what kaine did to our state and obama did to out country in recent years you would think even a liberal would vote Republican!
You are correct. The liberals should have forgot what it was like at the end of the last republican President. After all, it has been four years. When the stock market was cut in half and people lost most of their savings and retirement. Can't they get amnesia and forget about what tax cuts and wars did to the deficit? Why can't they forget when the housing bubble burst and the value of their house started dropping? Why can't they forget when we were losing 700,000 jobs per month and the financial system had to be bailed out when they were on the brink of collapse? What is the problem with these liberals? We need to go back to this wonderful time.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#39 Sep 23, 2012
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan is above any of those democrats! Teddy was an environmentalist tree hugger. Jefferson was a slaveowner. Perhaps you want to own slaves?!? Lincoln plunged the country into civil war. FDR was Americas worst socialist until Obama. Washington was OK, but even he owned slaves.
Lincoln did not plunge the country into civil war. Did you know that
South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida, Texas and Georgia seceded before Lincoln took office? There was concern at the writing of the Constitution in 1787 that it was laying the ground work for civil war:
“I am exceedingly distressed at the proceedings of the Convention—being ... almost sure, they will ... lay the foundation of a Civil War.”
— Elbridge Gerry
Furthermore in the 1830s, Vice President (to Jackson) John C. Calhoun predicts the coming of civil war:
"The day that the balance between two sections of the country-the slaveholding states and the non-slaveholding states is destroyed, is a day that will not be far removed from political revolution, anarchy, civil war, and widespread disaster."
~John C. Calhoun
There were many causes that lead up to the civil war, it cannot be simplified as "Lincoln caused the civil war" he did, though, go to war to preserve it.
jane

Orange, VA

#40 Sep 23, 2012
To Jason...at least Macaca will have a place to go to potty.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#41 Sep 23, 2012
hondacivic wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. The liberals should have forgot what it was like at the end of the last republican President. After all, it has been four years. When the stock market was cut in half and people lost most of their savings and retirement. Can't they get amnesia and forget about what tax cuts and wars did to the deficit? Why can't they forget when the housing bubble burst and the value of their house started dropping? Why can't they forget when we were losing 700,000 jobs per month and the financial system had to be bailed out when they were on the brink of collapse? What is the problem with these liberals? We need to go back to this wonderful time.
This is a great point, I could have retired 5 years ago, a relatively small fixed income, but I could have done it. 4 years ago I had resigned myself to working for the rest of my days. Today, I could retire, at a relatively small fixed income, but I'm not taking any chances. I wish I converted it all to gold like my father in law did. He multiplied his wealth 5 fold, and he thanks all the idiots that watched Glenn Beck.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#42 Sep 23, 2012
hondacivic wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. The liberals should have forgot what it was like at the end of the last republican President. After all, it has been four years. When the stock market was cut in half and people lost most of their savings and retirement. Can't they get amnesia and forget about what tax cuts and wars did to the deficit? Why can't they forget when the housing bubble burst and the value of their house started dropping? Why can't they forget when we were losing 700,000 jobs per month and the financial system had to be bailed out when they were on the brink of collapse? What is the problem with these liberals? We need to go back to this wonderful time.
Facts are something we don't pay any attention to anymore. Politics has become mental illnes discribed in the DSM-4.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#43 Sep 24, 2012
Gnu wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you've never tried peeing into a cup going 75 mph ... this does have
far reaching national implocations.
http://www.amazon.com/Little-John-Portable-Ur...
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#44 Sep 24, 2012
Two Faced Patriots wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how so many conservatives complain about government spending and taking over, yet are attacking Kaine for saving $18million by closing the interstate rest stops during a financial crisis.
As a businessman, I invest in convenience stores. Stores in the area of closed rest stops saw a 22% increase in foot traffic, presumably as patrons used store bathrooms. There was also a 16% increase in sales of snack items, 18% in drinks, and 29% in impulse buys. The numbers were about 60% higher in stores on the exits immediately after a closed rest stop.
Stores I am involved in added 97 part time and 31 full time positions to cover this increase in foot traffic.
How does a conservative justify complaining about government spending and taking over services, yet snipe at Kaine for cutting government spending in a fiscally conservative manner that helped the bottom line of businesses and added private sector jobs?
Has winning elections become that much more important than actually governing, or even behaving in a logical and comprehensible manner?
There ya go. Kaine > JOB CREATOR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Allen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bob McDonnell: Mitt Romney will win Virginia (Apr '12) Nov '14 Swedenforever 12
News In 2014 midterms, Republicans increasingly see ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Le Duped 5
News Redskins Hire Liberal Blogger to Fight Name-Cha... (Jun '14) Jun '14 indian welfares 1
News VA-Sen: Ken Cuccinelli (R) For Senate? (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jorja Fox 1
News Ken Cuccinelli Shows How to Lose the Virginia G... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Kathwynn 67
News Tea party hero Cuccinelli is Va. GOP gov nominee (May '13) Nov '13 conservative crapola 9
News Post Poll: Tim Kaine opens first lead over Geor... (Sep '12) Aug '13 swedenforever 49
More from around the web