Kaine Kicks Off State-Wide Canvass Effort in Charlottesville - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA New...

Former Governor Tim Kaine kicked off a state-wide voter canvassing effort in Charlottesville on Saturday. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Sep 22, 2012
It would seem Romney has cursed everybody running on the neanderthal ticket.

Since: Feb 10

Ridgeway, VA

#2 Sep 22, 2012
I am wondering if Kaine should win , will he be a PART-TIME Senator like he was as a PART-TIME Governor ???
did you hear that

Culpeper, VA

#3 Sep 22, 2012
83fan wrote:
I am wondering if Kaine should win , will he be a PART-TIME Senator like he was as a PART-TIME Governor ???
Yes he will be the same. And probably close the rest areas again.
Eustis

Washington, DC

#4 Sep 22, 2012
I wonder if Jens Soering showed up to work on Kaine's Criminal Justice committee?
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Sep 22, 2012
83fan wrote:
Seems like all of congress is working part time now.
TEX

Palmyra, VA

#6 Sep 22, 2012
does mr Kaine want to be elected to Another post to walk away from, although joining mr Obummer did limit the the damage he was doing to Virginia
TEX

Palmyra, VA

#7 Sep 22, 2012
please Do Not make a call to my home The biting dog I had passed away
SicSemper

Afton, VA

#8 Sep 23, 2012
Three words: Carpetbagger Go Home.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Sep 23, 2012
83fan wrote:
They're ALL part time. They work less than half a year
http://hobnobblog.com/congress-by-the-numbers...
can't compromise, and get nothing done
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/12061...

The rest of the time they're on vacation or grubbing, er campaigning, for money on the taxpayer's dime.

Bill passage would be a lot more efficient and comprehensive if they didn't have to fly back (on taxpayer's dime) and be present in person each time to vote.
jane

Orange, VA

#11 Sep 23, 2012
I am surprised Mr. Kain has taken time to away from Obama to appear here. Let us pray he doesn't get elected again to close the rest areas to old folks, handicapped people and children.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Sep 23, 2012
jane wrote:
I am surprised Mr. Kain has taken time to away from Obama to appear here. Let us pray he doesn't get elected again to close the rest areas to old folks, handicapped people and children.
Like Romney's shill, our Guv?
One would think rest areas are vital to our country's economic well being or national security the way the subject keeps coming up.
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Sep 23, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
One would think rest areas are vital to our country's economic well being or national security the way the subject keeps coming up.
Sounds like you've never tried peeing into a cup going 75 mph ... this does have
far reaching national implocations.
Dude

Purcellville, VA

#14 Sep 23, 2012
jane wrote:
You forgot blacks, he closed them to blacks, too.
Dude

Purcellville, VA

#15 Sep 23, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
It is absolutey amazing that people complain about fiscal responsibility during a time when revenues had fallen so much. We either reduce ending or increase revenue. I guess he should have raised taxes when unemployment was high.
Two Faced Patriots

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Sep 23, 2012
did you hear that wrote:
<quoted text> Yes he will be the same. And probably close the rest areas again.
I love how so many conservatives complain about government spending and taking over, yet are attacking Kaine for saving $18million by closing the interstate rest stops during a financial crisis.

As a businessman, I invest in convenience stores. Stores in the area of closed rest stops saw a 22% increase in foot traffic, presumably as patrons used store bathrooms. There was also a 16% increase in sales of snack items, 18% in drinks, and 29% in impulse buys. The numbers were about 60% higher in stores on the exits immediately after a closed rest stop.

Stores I am involved in added 97 part time and 31 full time positions to cover this increase in foot traffic.

How does a conservative justify complaining about government spending and taking over services, yet snipe at Kaine for cutting government spending in a fiscally conservative manner that helped the bottom line of businesses and added private sector jobs?

Has winning elections become that much more important than actually governing, or even behaving in a logical and comprehensible manner?
OMG

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Sep 23, 2012
Two Faced Patriots wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how so many conservatives complain about government spending and taking over, yet are attacking Kaine for saving $18million by closing the interstate rest stops during a financial crisis.
As a businessman, I invest in convenience stores. Stores in the area of closed rest stops saw a 22% increase in foot traffic, presumably as patrons used store bathrooms. There was also a 16% increase in sales of snack items, 18% in drinks, and 29% in impulse buys. The numbers were about 60% higher in stores on the exits immediately after a closed rest stop.
Stores I am involved in added 97 part time and 31 full time positions to cover this increase in foot traffic.
How does a conservative justify complaining about government spending and taking over services, yet snipe at Kaine for cutting government spending in a fiscally conservative manner that helped the bottom line of businesses and added private sector jobs?
Has winning elections become that much more important than actually governing, or even behaving in a logical and comprehensible manner?
How much was your sewer and water bill? Flush twice its a long way to your coffee machine!
Jason

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Sep 23, 2012
Two Faced Patriots wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just an idiot! Kain is a tax and spend liberal who wants class warfare and wanted to take away our right to pee! Which stores do you own because I bet everything you sell has rat poison in it and we want to run you out of business so we can save America !
hondacivic

Staunton, VA

#19 Sep 23, 2012
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just an idiot! Kain is a tax and spend liberal who wants class warfare and wanted to take away our right to pee! Which stores do you own because I bet everything you sell has rat poison in it and we want to run you out of business so we can save America !
As opposed to George "Macaca" Allen? Running businesses out of business is such a wonderful plan. You must want to continue the republican plan to keep unemployment as high as possible to help republicans win in November. Continue to put party over the good of the country.
Accusing his businesses of having rat poison in the products. Just wait if Romney wins the election and he pushes to get rid of the EPA and roll back other regulations. Rat poison might become a seasoning.
Jason

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Sep 23, 2012
hondacivic wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to George "Macaca" Allen? Running businesses out of business is such a wonderful plan. You must want to continue the republican plan to keep unemployment as high as possible to help republicans win in November. Continue to put party over the good of the country.
Accusing his businesses of having rat poison in the products. Just wait if Romney wins the election and he pushes to get rid of the EPA and roll back other regulations. Rat poison might become a seasoning.
I have no problem with putting liberal owned stores out of business! It will teach them what real business is like! If Republicans win in November it will be good for the whole country and will be worth any price!

I sure wish more commulibs would season their food with rat poison and do us all a favor!
OMG

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Sep 23, 2012
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with putting liberal owned stores out of business! It will teach them what real business is like! If Republicans win in November it will be good for the whole country and will be worth any price!
I sure wish more commulibs would season their food with rat poison and do us all a favor!
SO TRUE!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Allen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob McDonnell: Mitt Romney will win Virginia (Apr '12) Nov 9 Swedenforever 12
In 2014 midterms, Republicans increasingly see ... Oct '14 Le Duped 6
Redskins Hire Liberal Blogger to Fight Name-Cha... Jun '14 indian welfares 1
VA-Sen: Ken Cuccinelli (R) For Senate? (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jorja Fox 1
Ken Cuccinelli Shows How to Lose the Virginia G... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Kathwynn 67
Tea party hero Cuccinelli is Va. GOP gov nominee (May '13) Nov '13 conservative crapola 9
Post Poll: Tim Kaine opens first lead over Geor... (Sep '12) Aug '13 swedenforever 49

George Allen People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE