Douglass, Allen Campaign at African A...

Douglass, Allen Campaign at African American Cultural Festival - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA N...

There are 16 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 28, 2012, titled Douglass, Allen Campaign at African American Cultural Festival - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA N.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Democratic candidate John Douglass Republican George Allen Democrats and Republicans took advantage of the large crowd at the African American Cultural Arts Festival in Charlottesville on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Bologna Streets

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jul 29, 2012
Did George call any citizen a macaca this time?
frmr

Palmyra, VA

#3 Jul 29, 2012
Bologna Streets wrote:
Did George call any citizen a macaca this time?
Agree that George made a mistake years ago and he paid the price with the loss of the election. We are always told inmates who have paid their price to society should be forgiven.

Get over it. If this is all you have to complain about then George is in good shape.
central va marine

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jul 29, 2012
Did George Allen really tell the Virginia farmers that he will eliminate Farm subsides and make insurance companies offer drought insurance, that farmers will have to purchase? And they didn't string him up?

I have heard of writting in short hand, but talking in short hand? How did the Macca Kid get away with that?

Note to "frmr": The racism exhibited by George in that "macca remark" is something that is ingrained and unforgivable.

“Don't Drink The Obama Kool-Aid”

Since: Aug 09

You don't need to know, Va.

#5 Jul 29, 2012
central va marine wrote:
Did George Allen really tell the Virginia farmers that he will eliminate Farm subsides and make insurance companies offer drought insurance, that farmers will have to purchase? And they didn't string him up?
I have heard of writting in short hand, but talking in short hand? How did the Macca Kid get away with that?
Note to "frmr": The racism exhibited by George in that "macca remark" is something that is ingrained and unforgivable.
Amazing! You libs don't have a problem when Obummer makes everyone buy health insurance, but let a Republican propose eliminating subsidies and making farmers buy insurance and you're ready to string him up. Your hypocrisy is overwhelming, or your ignorance knows no bounds.
fed up

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jul 29, 2012
central va marine wrote:
you are so right, MACCAs everywhere are offended.......
Grunt

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jul 29, 2012
I guess y'all are perfect!!
Dude

Culpeper, VA

#8 Jul 29, 2012
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
<quoted text>Amazing! You libs don't have a problem when Obummer makes everyone buy health insurance, but let a Republican propose eliminating subsidies and making farmers buy insurance and you're ready to string him up. Your hypocrisy is overwhelming, or your ignorance knows no bounds.
Oh the irony.
Dude

Culpeper, VA

#9 Jul 29, 2012
Grunt wrote:
I guess y'all are perfect!!
We're all running for office, too. Do you have the same approach with pedophiles?
Willie

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jul 29, 2012
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
<quoted text>Amazing! You libs don't have a problem when Obummer makes everyone buy health insurance, but let a Republican propose eliminating subsidies and making farmers buy insurance and you're ready to string him up. Your hypocrisy is overwhelming, or your ignorance knows no bounds.
Is he really making everyone buy health insurance? I haven't heard that. I will cancel my health insurance on Monday since I am being forced to buy it from Obamma. Glad you set me straight with the facts.
Censorship

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Jul 30, 2012
Ahhh....the media that crys foul when there FOI is denied are experts at censorship themselves.
Bologna Streets

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Jul 30, 2012
yeah and all excon's are innocent.
frmr wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree that George made a mistake years ago and he paid the price with the loss of the election. We are always told inmates who have paid their price to society should be forgiven.
Get over it. If this is all you have to complain about then George is in good shape.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#15 Jul 30, 2012
Im Ya Huckleberry wrote:
You're right, they don't; but did you expect them to? Most of them are for single payer, which is a tax on everyone and a nationalized healthcare system. I'm surprised that the libs/ progressives aren't crying foul, when Romney is the father of PPACA, better known as Obamacare. It's the equivalent to privatizing social security. Do you remember the libs/ progressives outrage when that was mentioned when Bush was in office? Furthermore, why is it that you're against it? Is it because it's not called Romneycare? You do know that the public option is a republican idea, right? Whatever, you have your reasons and I'm sure that they're... your reasons.
Ironically, BigAg is by and far a republican lobby that looks for handouts by taxpayers to corporate farmers. We're not talking mom and pop farmers, we're talking corporate farmers. It's also one of the most powerful lobbies in the country, if not the world. You do know that, by definition is a handout, right? I thought fiscal conservatives were against that? Or is it okay when welfare goes to rich people and not poor people? Democrats don't pretend to be fiscally liberal. You speak of hypocrisy, but then you display it.
It wouldn’t surprise me if Obama suggested we privatize social security and the dems suddenly think it’s a good idea and the reps think it’s awful. I mean, look at how the House republicans are doing everything they can to block tax cuts.
“Well that's the way that I want it to stay
And I always want it to be that way for my Lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola
Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola”
~Ray Davies
frmr

Palmyra, VA

#16 Jul 30, 2012
How on earth did you get from my post that all excons are innocent? I did not even hint at that. I said they'd paid the price by serving their sentence. They'd been found guilty by a jury of their peers (if it was a jury trial), sentenced and served their time. Is that clearer for you? I was simply saying people who broke the law and served their sentence were forgiven. George, who uttered an awful word, should also be forgiven for one mistake of this type that people continue to bring up. I do not believe as someone (maybe you?) said this bigorty is inbred and unforgivable. Thank goodness God says we all can be forgiven our sins.
frmr

Palmyra, VA

#17 Jul 30, 2012
OK it was Central Va. Marine who made the comment about George's mistake was INGRAINED (not inbred --sorry for the misquote) and unforgivable.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#18 Jul 30, 2012
frmr wrote:
How on earth did you get from my post that all excons are innocent? I did not even hint at that. I said they'd paid the price by serving their sentence. They'd been found guilty by a jury of their peers (if it was a jury trial), sentenced and served their time. Is that clearer for you? I was simply saying people who broke the law and served their sentence were forgiven. George, who uttered an awful word, should also be forgiven for one mistake of this type that people continue to bring up. I do not believe as someone (maybe you?) said this bigorty is inbred and unforgivable. Thank goodness God says we all can be forgiven our sins.
If you were implying me, then no; I don't think that people can't change.(I know that reads awkwardly, so to paraphrase, yes; I believe that man can change)
George Wallace, the former Governor of Alabama who stood in the doorway of the University of Alabama making a symbolic gesture promoting Jim Crowe laws (segregation) and was a staunch opponent of the civil rights act of 1964 recanted his actions in the late 70s or early 80s, though; that was more than a decade apart, after he had been a reborn Christian. It was also a different time when institutional racism was while still abhorrent, considered socially acceptable.
George Allen was running for office just a few years ago, during an era where racism is still painful, is unacceptable on any level and he still used a racial slur. It is also known that he, up until that recent election, hung a noose in at tree at his office. One, perhaps in four short he has had a change of heart, okay; I can accept that. I would question the integrity of such a change, but two; is he effin stupid? In this day and age, even 4 years ago, at what level was that culturally acceptable? That was 2008, not 1963. So that leads me to believe this, he is either a stupid racist, or he is just stupid, and there is no way that I would want someone who is stupid for governor, much less a stupid racist for governor.
http://www.brendan-nyhan.com/blog/2005/05/geo...
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#19 Jul 30, 2012
frmr wrote:
OK it was Central Va. Marine who made the comment about George's mistake was INGRAINED (not inbred --sorry for the misquote) and unforgivable.
No Worries, I replied to grunt about forgiving criminals, which is not something people actually do. Just look at the tinsley thread, someone brought up a charge and two traffic citations that she had thirty years ago, implying that she deserved to be shot, or that she wasn't innocent.
The fact remains, while you and I understand rehabilitation, the majority don't appear to; or at least the squeaky republicans that post here, don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Allen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is on the special counsel team investigatin... (Jul '17) Jul '17 Red Crosse 3
News Do Russia probe attorneys' donations to Democra... (Jun '17) Jun '17 okimar 6
News Jim Webb dropping Democratic bid for president (Oct '15) Oct '15 Lawrence Wolf 5
News The wild card at the Democratic debate could be... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Le Jimbo 21
News Virginia for the Win: How Jeb Bush snubbed Virg... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Just Saying 1
News Jim Webba s Iowa director really doesna t like ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Max 1
News Jim Webb joins 2016 presidential race (Jul '15) Jul '15 Novus Ordo Seclorum 7
More from around the web