Obama, Romney Campaigns Plan Virginia...

Obama, Romney Campaigns Plan Virginia Events This Week - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Spo...

There are 40 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 6, 2012, titled Obama, Romney Campaigns Plan Virginia Events This Week - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Spo.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

President Obama will make multiple campaign stops in Virginia next Friday, July 13 and Saturday, July 14.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SkipD

Palmyra, VA

#22 Jul 8, 2012
Mr. Kondik- I assure you, it is NOT HIS backyard.... it is our backyard.

“KONA, baby!”

Since: Jul 08

Jacksonville, FL

#23 Jul 8, 2012
central va marine wrote:
Concerned women for America. What a joke. The Repuglicans have little concern for women, other than wanting to own one, or in Mitts case many.
When the Lillie Ledbetter equal pay act was passed, all Repuglicans voted against it.
When the second equal pay bill was passed in the Senate, the House Repuglicans voted it down.
In state lesgisturs more bills have been passed this year to try to control women's bodies then ever before.
Healthcare clinics for women have been over regulated with stupid, male pushed laws and closed this year, then ever before.
To top off this farce called "Concerned Women of America", female congresswomen who voted against women's equal pay, were put in charge of it by, yes you guessed it, by a man.
Much more could be said about the charade but I'l end with, This is a lame effort to encourage women who have no say so in their lives, to show up and put on a happy face. Just remember men, you can not go into the voting booth with you wife and pull the lever.
STOP THE WAR ON WOMEN AND CHILDREN!
DON'T VOTE FOR KARL ROVER'S "SPECIAL PAL" GEORGE MACACA.
more to come
You might want to read up on the ledbetter Law. It only changed the statute of limitations for equal pay law suits. It was not an equal pay act. You appear foolish when you cite a law that is not what you are purporting it to be.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Jul 8, 2012
"Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009"

The Act amends the Civil Rights Act of 1964 stating that the 180-day statute of limitations for filing an equal-pay lawsuit regarding pay discrimination

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilly_Ledbetter_...

'fair' and 'equal' are interchangeable

I don't think he stated it didn't pertain to amending the statute of limitations, only that the Republicans voted against the act.
Dude

Bealeton, VA

#25 Jul 8, 2012
TEX wrote:
We have nuclear armed Russian planes at our doorstep while "boy president" chugs beer and brags on the great job he is doing
Are you suggesting we should attack Russia?
atheist

Richmond, VA

#26 Jul 8, 2012
Jesus Christ, reading these posts no wonder this country is such a failure, God help us, well, maybe somebody who really exists.
Reality Bites

Charlottesville, VA

#27 Jul 8, 2012
god fearer wrote:
CONCERNED WOMEN FOR AMERICA?
Women should indeed be concerned for America!
Virginia Women are being threatened with state-mandated physician-assisted rape.
Women serving in the military are being raped at alarming rates by violent officers and other service members.
Women lack health insurance at higher rates than men, and the Republicans have no plan to insure them. Women lack access to family planning services so that they won't need to ever consider the poor choice of abortion, but Republicans insist that that women are to blame for pregnancy (despite the fact that no woman every got herself pregnant by herself, and particular no responsible when raped or forced, including by spouse, partner, or other family member).
Women are unemployed and underemployed at high rates, and the Republican have no plan to increase their employment in high wage/good salary jobs with health and other benefits. Except that the Romneys, Allens, and other Republican rich and super rich might employ some women to clean their toilets, etc.
Women raise children more than men raise children, but Republicans have no plan to increase access to affordable, safe, and excellent day care, early child education, and excellent affordable public education, including through 2 years technical or community college.
Women live longer than men, and many (if not most) spend time in nursing homes, but the Republicans have no plans to help women (or men) afford safe, excellent long term care (remember, Medicare does NOT cover residential long term care; and Republicans want to gut what Medicare does cover).
Yes, indeed, Women should be Concerned!
I agree with you 100%!! You will rarely find anyone to agree with you on this website, as the Republitards minds are never open...they only hear what Rush, Hannity, etc....tell them to listen to! Also, you know how the Reps are against big government, as they say....but yet, they want the government to tell a woman what to do with HER own body! I rarely go on this, as I said most of the people who are on this site are completely uneducated and misinformed!!
amazed

United States

#28 Jul 8, 2012
god fearer wrote:
Virginia Women are being threatened with state-mandated physician-assisted rape.
Women serving in the military are being raped at alarming rates by violent officers and other service members.
Women lack health insurance at higher rates than men, and the Republicans have no plan to insure them. Women lack access to family planning services so that they won't need to ever consider the poor choice of abortion, but Republicans insist that that women are to blame for pregnancy (despite the fact that no woman every got herself pregnant by herself, and particular no responsible when raped or forced, including by spouse, partner, or other family member).
Women are unemployed and underemployed at high rates, and the Republican have no plan to increase their employment in high wage/good salary jobs with health and other benefits. Except that the Romneys, Allens, and other Republican rich and super rich might employ some women to clean their toilets, etc.
Women raise children more than men raise children, but Republicans have no plan to increase access to affordable, safe, and excellent day care, early child education, and excellent affordable public education, including through 2 years technical or community college.
Women live longer than men, and many (if not most) spend time in nursing homes, but the Republicans have no plans to help women (or men) afford safe, excellent long term care (remember, Medicare does NOT cover residential long term care; and Republicans want to gut what Medicare does cover).
Why are you so angry? people are risking their lives to get to this country...the best in the world.
Dude

Bealeton, VA

#29 Jul 8, 2012
amazed wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you so angry? people are risking their lives to get to this country...the best in the world.
I tend to agree with you, I also recognize that I have nationalistic tendencies instilled in me due to my military service. I'd like to ask you a question, though. What makes us the best? I know many internationals, and they're equally proud of their nations, and really don't think we're that great. They also laugh at our self importance, our concepts of equality and liberty (not to mention the color and size of our money). I also know combat vets that are world traveled and think that we're arrogant.
However, even if we are the best, should we not continuously try to improve?
Big Red

Crozet, VA

#30 Jul 8, 2012
Are you just cutting and pasting your rant on every story?
god fearer wrote:
TEX

Charlottesville, VA

#31 Jul 8, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Are you suggesting we should attack Russia?
Of course not, But this is a serious matter (much more than the childish games our "fearless" leader pursues in his lust for re-ellection
Dude

Bealeton, VA

#32 Jul 8, 2012
TEX wrote:
<quoted text>Of course not, But this is a serious matter (much more than the childish games our "fearless" leader pursues in his lust for re-ellection
Like what? Giving handouts to those who lost power in a wind storm?
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#34 Jul 8, 2012
Romney helped the automobile industry build manufacturing plants in China.
Dude

Bealeton, VA

#35 Jul 8, 2012
Tony wrote:
Romney helped the automobile industry build manufacturing plants in China.
So did Clinton, in fact; Clinton was the biggest contributor of outsourcing. Trickle down economics works, Clinton just ensured that it trickled past our boarders to China and India. Perot was right.
Doris Mullens

Alpharetta, GA

#36 Jul 9, 2012
my husband read or heard somewhere that where ever obama is speaking that someone rides a round and tries to disrupt them. if that is true which i cant say it is then that is crazy. each of them deserve to present their platform.
JDinVA

Fairfield, VA

#37 Jul 9, 2012
Doris Mullens wrote:
my husband read or heard somewhere that where ever obama is speaking that someone rides a round and tries to disrupt them. if that is true which i cant say it is then that is crazy. each of them deserve to present their platform.
I'm sure that Obama and Romney will both face plenty of hecklers and protesters that get too loud and obnoxious as the campaign starts "for real" this fall. I agree with you that those disruptions are out of line - let both candidates make their points and let people make up their own minds.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#38 Jul 9, 2012
Doris Mullens wrote:
They have secret service.
Roger

Purcellville, VA

#39 Jul 9, 2012
It is very easy to see the difference between Obama and Romney supporters.
Obama supporters sign the back of checks and Romney supporters sign the front
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#40 Jul 10, 2012
Roger wrote:
It is very easy to see the difference between Obama and Romney supporters.
Obama supporters sign the back of checks and Romney supporters sign the front
Nascar voters are most likely to vote for Romney, but there's one clear differnce in demographics. Those that sign the back of check are the demographic that votes the least, so if that were the case; Obama wouldn't have won in the first place. Perhaps you need to open your eyes and realize that both parties are full of theives.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#41 Jul 10, 2012
thieves :)
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#42 Jul 10, 2012
heh wrote:
thieves :)
No excuses, I know better...

Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Allen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is on the special counsel team investigatin... Jul '17 Red Crosse 3
News Do Russia probe attorneys' donations to Democra... Jun '17 okimar 6
News Jim Webb dropping Democratic bid for president (Oct '15) Oct '15 Lawrence Wolf 5
News The wild card at the Democratic debate could be... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Le Jimbo 21
News Virginia for the Win: How Jeb Bush snubbed Virg... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Just Saying 1
News Jim Webba s Iowa director really doesna t like ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Max 1
News Jim Webb joins 2016 presidential race (Jul '15) Jul '15 Novus Ordo Seclorum 7
More from around the web