Romney's most recent denial of LGBT s...

Romney's most recent denial of LGBT support latest in decades-long flip-flop

There are 12 comments on the EDGE story from Jan 12, 2012, titled Romney's most recent denial of LGBT support latest in decades-long flip-flop. In it, EDGE reports that:

The 2002 flyer that was passed out at Boston Pride. Romney's camp has denied that the document was official, but a former intern is speaking out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Jan 12, 2012
To heck with all of the hee-ing and haw-ing
Did Romney sign this? OR is this a forgery typed out by some underhanded slimeball at NOM's terrorist headquarters?
http://www.nomblog.com/wp-content/uploads/201...
It is neither on Romney stationary nor National Organization for Marriage (NOM) stationary
so it looks like a forgery to me
Someone needs to print this out and ask Romney if he signed it; to his *FACE*; IN PERSON

Since: Feb 09

Southern California

#2 Jan 12, 2012
Rainbow Kid wrote:
To heck with all of the hee-ing and haw-ing
Did Romney sign this? OR is this a forgery typed out by some underhanded slimeball at NOM's terrorist headquarters?
http://www.nomblog.com/wp-content/uploads/201...
It is neither on Romney stationary nor National Organization for Marriage (NOM) stationary
so it looks like a forgery to me
Someone needs to print this out and ask Romney if he signed it; to his *FACE*; IN PERSON
Yeah right like he is going to say "Yes i signed it" the man flip flops on everything.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Jan 12, 2012
Juanpaul wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right like he is going to say "Yes i signed it" the man flip flops on everything.
except finding profits at working families' expense.
Romney s Magic Skivvies

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Jan 12, 2012
As a gay man I love it when right wingers get gay baited in a way which would be clearly homophobic if done by Republicans to Democrats.

It makes me laugh so hard because it's so right for being wrong.

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#5 Jan 13, 2012
OK, we get it that Romney now states he was in favor of equality for LGBT as individuals, but did not intend for that to include gay marriage itself. But I just wish SOMEONE would pin him down and ask him the following questions at some point during this campaign:

1. Do you believe the FEDERAL government should recognize gay relationships of any sort (even if not 'marriages'), as they now recognize heterosexual unions?

2. If YES, how do you propose to ensure the kind of LGBT equality you now claim to support, in matters such as immigration, social security, and employment benefits?

3. If NO, how do you propose to ensure the kind of LGBT equality you now claim to support, in matters such as immigration, social security, and employment benefits?

4. Do you believe that single gay parents who have custody of their own biological children deserve to be legally recognized as families, the same as heterosexuals in that position?

5, If YES, do you believe that both -- homosexual and heterosexual single parents -- have the right to elicit the help of a worthy step-parent to help raise their children?

6. Which of the two sets of parents should/should not enjoy the protection of federal law, and why/why not?

7. What form of federal law would you support to protect such families' access to survivor's social security benefits, tax benefits, etc.?
Santorum s Adult Diapers

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jan 13, 2012
Umninimuzi wrote:
OK, we get it that Romney now states he was in favor of equality for LGBT as individuals....
None of that is necessary - although it might be nice to see him squirm and equivocate. Romney has signed the "Personhood" pledge, which commits him to outlawing any form of birth control which acts after the formation of the zygote.

This means the Pill. Not the morning after pill, but the Pill, the most popular and effective form of birth control in the country.

We know the answers to your questions. At least until Romney runs again someplace where the electorate is liberal....

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#8 Jan 13, 2012
Santorum s Adult Diapers wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that is necessary - although it might be nice to see him squirm and equivocate. Romney has signed the "Personhood" pledge, which commits him to outlawing any form of birth control which acts after the formation of the zygote.
This means the Pill. Not the morning after pill, but the Pill, the most popular and effective form of birth control in the country.
We know the answers to your questions. At least until Romney runs again someplace where the electorate is liberal....
No, my point is that his position on LGBT 'rights' contradicts itself. Whatever one's position on gay marriage, it is almost impossible to support ANY equal rights for individuals without recognizing that some of them will have longtime companions (whatever you choose to call it). To deny that reality is to deny their humanity itself -- which is not equal treatment when you treat other citizens as humans.
Awake and Aware

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jan 13, 2012
The Romney Con

Watch Romney flip-flop
celticwarriors

Bay Pines, FL

#10 Jan 13, 2012
The question of the day is: Is Romney made of plastic or rubber?

1). He is so fake he makes plasic look real.

or

2). He flip-flops so much, he must be made of rubber.

Vote for #1 or 2, but not for him.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11 Jan 13, 2012
This isn't directly related to our forum, but you REALLY have to listen to this. If you use Internet Explorer, you can right-click on the play button and select "Save Target As" and download it for leisure listening.

Sorry, but you won't feel leisurely for long.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archive...

(This NEEDS to go viral!)
Santorum s Adult Diapers

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jan 13, 2012
snyper wrote:
This isn't directly related to our forum, but you REALLY have to listen to this....
If you're going to go off topic you could at least have the minimal presence of mind to say eight or nine words about the subject at this link you're posting.
Failed Conservative Media

Baltimore, MD

#13 Feb 1, 2016
Pro gay marriage, Pro late term abortion, Clinton Foundation donor, Single payer, Tariff supporting, THIRD WIFE, Backtracking Donald!! Romneycare on steroids

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edward Kennedy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warren slams Trump and key surrogate Scott Brown Jun 23 He Named Me Black... 10
News 164 days to election, 51 days to Cleveland, 58 ... May 31 Three Psyche 14
News Hollywood film to revisit events on Chappaquidd... May '16 Linda 1
News Hillary Rodham Clinton: An exceptionally dishon... Apr '16 Sal 1
Newsflash: Ted Kennedy is still DEAD! Apr '16 Tony Soprano 1
News The 2 states Obama hasn't visited (Mar '15) Jan '16 MVEMJSUNP 10
News When Being Pro-Life Didn't Make You a Republican Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
More from around the web