Perry wrote:
"I would no more consider living in Massachusetts than I suspect a great number of folks from Massachusetts would like to live in Texas," he wrote in his book, "Fed Up!," while naming Ted Kennedy and John Kerry as popular figures in that state. "Texans, on the other hand, elect folks like me. You know the type, the kind of guy who goes jogging in the morning, packing a Ruger .380 with laser sights and loaded with hollow-point bullets and shoots a coyote that is threatening his daughter’s dog."
Chuck Schumer has shot more pheasant than I have. I hate Schumer only for his antigun values. To me, Schumer is as unAmerican as anyone can be. John Kerry has hunted more than I have too. Police would never prevent Schumer or Kerry from hunting, never (and they would never have a helicopter hover over their homes either).

I'm confident Perry is solidly pro gun (for now). If I had a choice, I would let Michelle Bachmann hold my gun before Perry. Bachmann I trust, and that's why thousands of antigun pigs will try to end her campaign.