Your View: No one can really replace ...

Your View: No one can really replace Barney Frank

There are 2 comments on the SouthCoastToday.com story from Nov 30, 2011, titled Your View: No one can really replace Barney Frank. In it, SouthCoastToday.com reports that:

Losing the representation of U.S. Rep. Barney Frank, first through redistricting and now with his pending retirement, is a big blow to New Bedford and our region.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthCoastToday.com.

Make me sick

New Bedford, MA

#1 Dec 1, 2011
Mr. Frank’s departure in January 2013 will remove from the House one of its more offensive members. Until then, this petulant, abrasive and downright nasty Congressman will keep making his presence known.
However, it is unlikely that Mr. Frank is leaving for the reason he should depart Congress: out of shame for all he did to stop reform of Fannie and Freddie while there was still time to avert the disaster that almost took down the American economy.Why did Mr. Frank oppose giving these two gigantic financial institutions the same scrutiny as a local bank, a neighborhood savings and loan or a community credit union?
Fannie and Freddie provided “grease” for the Democratic political machine through hundreds of millions in charitable contributions to left wing community and advocacy groups that are critical to Democratic get-out-the-vote efforts. I argue Mr Bulard is of the same mold. He always has been more interested in his party then doing what is right for the citizens of New Bedford, this State and our Nation.

“'We The People'”

Since: Dec 06

Yeadon, PA

#2 Dec 8, 2011
And now Maxine Waters, another dope, stands a good chance of replacing him in his position. What has this country become?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edward Kennedy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warren slams Trump and key surrogate Scott Brown Jun 23 He Named Me Black... 10
News 164 days to election, 51 days to Cleveland, 58 ... May '16 Three Psyche 14
News Hollywood film to revisit events on Chappaquidd... May '16 Linda 1
News Hillary Rodham Clinton: An exceptionally dishon... Apr '16 Sal 1
Newsflash: Ted Kennedy is still DEAD! Apr '16 Tony Soprano 1
News Romney's most recent denial of LGBT support lat... (Jan '12) Feb '16 Failed Conservati... 12
News The 2 states Obama hasn't visited (Mar '15) Jan '16 MVEMJSUNP 10
More from around the web