Senate rejects bid to let states run ...

Senate rejects bid to let states run food stamps

There are 3 comments on the Seattle Times story from May 22, 2013, titled Senate rejects bid to let states run food stamps. In it, Seattle Times reports that:

Known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, the food stamp program is administered by the Agriculture Department and federal dollars are unlimited as long as recipients qualify.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Times.

Tea Party Supporter

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#1 May 22, 2013
States have to much dam power as is! Somebody has to make sure they dont pocket the money for self.
MAD

Springfield, TN

#2 May 23, 2013
This is easy to understand as the government wants and insists on control. This is not their business and should be handled by each state as to how they want to set it up. If someone cannot get help in that state then they should have some type of option at the Federal level. The government has shown it is way to big and now we need to come together and and shrink it down to the reason it was established. To protect our boarders. NOT to control our every move. Federal reserve put in the hands of congress. Abolish the IRS. These are the steps to ending the corruption and getting this horrific deficit under control. Anyone to argue this is an idiot. Here is why. Our government cannot account for trillions of lost dollars. If it was monitored and distributed by Congress, We could track each dime through accountability and congressional records. NO MORE LOST TRILLIONS. NO MORE DEFICIT. America returned to former GLORY.
I am for a Better AMERICA. Are you?
MAD

Springfield, TN

#3 May 23, 2013
Like the government. Each phone call you make each text you send every email you get is seen by your government. It was not the reason they where allowed to sit in power. You get into a state that is crooked you fight the legal system to over turn them or you move. If your government is dirty as proven. Where can you go? No all Americans can pack and move to Iceland.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Vitter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Science Tells About Power And Infidelity (Jun '11) Jul 23 Anonymous 4
News Lawmakers back company responsible for decade-o... Jul 17 Barack the Yellow 3
News Poor could receive subsidies for Internet acces... May '15 xxxrayted 24
News SPLC, NumbersUSA Spar Over Anchor Baby Policy I... May '15 wild child 7
News Unpopular at home, Jindal getting little tracti... Apr '15 Gary 6
News American education heading for bankruptcy due t... Mar '15 ILLEGALS GANGS 2
News Bobby Jindal on David Vitter: a Turn the record... Feb '15 AA 1
More from around the web