Republican senator won't fillibuster ...

Republican senator won't fillibuster Obama's EPA pick

There are 2 comments on the Reuters story from Jul 9, 2013, titled Republican senator won't fillibuster Obama's EPA pick. In it, Reuters reports that:

Gina McCarthy's embattled nomination to head the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency cleared a hurdle on Tuesday when one of her top Republican critics said he would not block a Senate vote on her appointment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

chisholm

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 10, 2013
Good decision, time Republicans stopped obstructing and let people be picked for important positions...then confirmed.

Congress needs to do its job.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jul 10, 2013
One senator won't filibuster everything??? One appointment he won't prevent??? That still leaves quite a few other republican senators willing to filibuster everything else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Vitter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poor could receive subsidies for Internet acces... 5 hr Oh No You Di-nt 20
News SPLC, NumbersUSA Spar Over Anchor Baby Policy I... May 9 wild child 7
News Unpopular at home, Jindal getting little tracti... Apr '15 Gary 6
News American education heading for bankruptcy due t... Mar '15 ILLEGALS GANGS 2
News Bobby Jindal on David Vitter: a Turn the record... Feb '15 AA 1
News Lynch to face anti-Obama ire at hearing Jan '15 Lawrence Wolf 24
News Should concealed weapons permits be honored acr... (May '12) Jan '15 Prep-for-Dep 153
More from around the web