Romney tours storm damage in Louisiana

Aug 31, 2012 Full story: WTAE-TV Pittsburgh 14

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney arrived in Louisiana Friday afternoon to tour damage left in the wake of Hurricane Isaac with Gov.

Full Story
Rajun Cajun

Hamden, CT

#1 Aug 31, 2012
where is BO???? golfing?? fundraising??
gossamer

Warren, MI

#2 Aug 31, 2012
He was waiting for the water to recede. He didn't want to get his $ 400.00 shoes dirty.
Mutt

Charlotte, NC

#3 Aug 31, 2012
Where are Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Cokie Roberts, Oprah, Barbara Striesand, Jane Fonda, Harry Reid and all those other caring liberals? One would think SOMEONE of their caring ilk would make an appearance in a disaster area... One thing for sure: They would be HOWLING if a Republican president had not been there the day after. Just saying'.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#4 Aug 31, 2012
Obama will get there, he just has to wait for the golf greens to dry out to make the trip worthwhile.
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

#5 Aug 31, 2012
And wheres obama?Is he having his interview with Glamour magazine or TV show?
Workday 10 to 4

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Aug 31, 2012
"Concerned Obama welcomed in Louisiana." --NY Times

"Mitt Romney takes advantage of Louisiana photo op." --NY Times

Boycott NYT

Don't waste your money on propaganda from the government. Tell all! This will not be 2008, and it is not turning out as the media wants.

Chick Fil A
Paul Ryan
Eastwood's iconic image of the empty chair
Mitt Romney visiting LA and not showing up empty handed
Diversity at the GOP convention (Hispanics for Mitt, Women for Mitt, and excellent speakers. Condaleeza and Mia Love, both women wowed)
Food was good not pretentious

Obama butt playing golf, while blacks treading water
James

United States

#7 Aug 31, 2012
Talk is cheap and money talks! If Romney really care he would open his bank accounts in Cayman Islands and Bahamas and spend millions of dollars to help the people of Louisiana. http://bit.ly/HtJxMz

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Since: Nov 11

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Sep 1, 2012
Mutt wrote:
Where are Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Cokie Roberts, Oprah, Barbara Striesand, Jane Fonda, Harry Reid and all those other caring liberals? One would think SOMEONE of their caring ilk would make an appearance in a disaster area... One thing for sure: They would be HOWLING if a Republican president had not been there the day after. Just saying'.
Both of these states have REPUBLICAN Governors, that pretty much covers it. Obama has a habit of ignoring any state's natural disaster if said state has a Republican leader. He's only changing his plans and visiting on Monday because Romney got there on Friday, showing him up.
Workday 10 to 4

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Sep 1, 2012
Ballybunion wrote:
<quoted text>
Both of these states have REPUBLICAN Governors, that pretty much covers it. Obama has a habit of ignoring any state's natural disaster if said state has a Republican leader. He's only changing his plans and visiting on Monday because Romney got there on Friday, showing him up.
Barack is a partisan hack. He's only a President for Blacks, Gays, women, poor, but then THAT'S ONLY WHEN HE NEEDS SOMETHING FROM THEM. Otherwise they go under the bus, rather quickly I might add.

Romney doesn't play special interest politics as seen by how he speaks to NAACP, received applause, and avoids divisive rhetoric. He is about all Americans, black, white, hispanic, women, children. To favor one is to disfavor another.

Barack and his followers like the lunatic Pat are immature haters not leaders.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#10 Sep 1, 2012
James wrote:
Talk is cheap and money talks! If Romney really care he would open his bank accounts in Cayman Islands and Bahamas and spend millions of dollars to help the people of Louisiana. http://bit.ly/HtJxMz
He is already spending his money campaigning. Once president that will be help enough.

“No Answers, Only Questions”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11 Sep 1, 2012
Romney is George Bush all over again. Everyone seems to forget that Wall Street crashed under his watch and Obama is trying to pick up the pieces.
drink The hive

Anonymous Proxy

#12 Sep 1, 2012
Tell That 2 The Ghetto Baker Surrounded By A Bunch Of Babymamas...

http://www.crusha.com/gifs/chappeleRickJamesD...
gossamer

Warren, MI

#13 Sep 2, 2012
The Whiz wrote:
Romney is George Bush all over again. Everyone seems to forget that Wall Street crashed under his watch and Obama is trying to pick up the pieces.
The economy had started to improve when Obama took office. The Obama administration made up a bad economy to sell his kool aid.

Remember the big crowds coming to see Obama like he was a golden statue brought to life. Hope and change things are going to get better. No red states or blue states it's the United States.

People crying fainting. Oh it was like an Angel had decended from the heaven.

I am the one you are wainting for he said.

I didn't get caught up in it. I knew that what he was promising could never be fulfilled that it was all hype to get votes.

Then once in office oh things are so bad we are going to have to spend lots and lots of money.

Blame Bush.

Nothing any better.

“No Answers, Only Questions”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#14 Sep 3, 2012
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
The economy had started to improve when Obama took office. The Obama administration made up a bad economy to sell his kool aid.
Remember the big crowds coming to see Obama like he was a golden statue brought to life. Hope and change things are going to get better. No red states or blue states it's the United States.
People crying fainting. Oh it was like an Angel had decended from the heaven.
I am the one you are wainting for he said.
I didn't get caught up in it. I knew that what he was promising could never be fulfilled that it was all hype to get votes.
Then once in office oh things are so bad we are going to have to spend lots and lots of money.
Blame Bush.
Nothing any better.
I'm not blaming anyone but you want to blame Obama. Anyway, politicians are all alike - they make big promises and never deliver.

When it comes to the promises of presidential candidates, they don't know what's going on until they receive a briefing from the outgoing president. There are national security issues that cannot be divulged to prospective candidates. Once elected, they are briefed on those issues including national security, wars, the economy, etc.

We need to eliminate the Electoral College and implement popular vote. The Red/Blue state premise is beginning to cause a split between the north and south.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Vitter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Orleans Struggles to Pay for Illegal Alien ... Oct 18 Sam Toliver 11
Illegal aliens obtaining Obamacare despite Whit... Oct 12 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 12
Louisiana Senate race: Yes, Landrieu's vulnerab... Aug '14 Har 4
Why Do Voters Love Hypocrites? Aug '14 CANT ADD 1
Sen. Vitter asks: How many Central American imm... Jul '14 Obamacare KILLED ... 5
Mixed Up Priorities: Vitter Demands Authorizati... May '14 stopracismagainst 1
'ROGUE' AGENCY? EPA under fire for allegedly bl... May '14 Le Jimbo 14

David Vitter People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE