Akin accepts apology from Rove over murder comment

Aug 31, 2012 Full story: KETV-TV 20

Karl Rove, a former adviser to President George W. Bush and now head of the conservative super PAC American Crossroads, apologized on Friday to Rep.

Read more
Mu Words

Fishers, IN

#1 Aug 31, 2012
it"s dat Brity Hume boy friends n lov to fook show www.fox.com/secretlover;-0000

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 31, 2012
So, it took one right wing nut to out-stupid the other?
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Aug 31, 2012
But did Akin get the message ?

BTW, Hillary said about the same of Nader in 2000 , so you LEFTIES shouldn't fake an over reaction.
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#4 Aug 31, 2012
Well maybe classes can be held at John Morgans house at 3:o'clock....rethink medicine...
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#5 Aug 31, 2012
Oh that was 1735.....
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#6 Aug 31, 2012
Did God say ye all....
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#7 Aug 31, 2012
Does God have a slight Indian Accent?
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#8 Aug 31, 2012
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#9 Aug 31, 2012
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse that there may be meat in my house....faith the Lord...
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#10 Aug 31, 2012
Who has the right to take away a womens right to choose?
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Aug 31, 2012
Fascists will kill their own without a moment's hesitation given any minor provocation. But I ask you...

What could be better than watching Rapepublicans cannibalize their own kind, just because Rove thought it was a clever idea to make public his homicidal ideation about Akin for simply losing track of a scripted lie? Who would have thought that telling a reporter might make it public? So, was it really an accident, a stern (severely conservative) warning or a traditional Sicilian-style kiss of death.

Did Rove mean it? Probably. He at least apologized for getting caught and gave the standard "I misspoke" defense. More Rapepublican "stock language" as in I really didn't mean it even though I thought I did, or something like that maybe, or maybe not? Who knows really?

Apparently, Akin got the message. I mean, there was nothing subtle about it (in the tradition of fascist death threats). Akin understood, bowed to accept Rove's "apology" and survive the ordeal as long as he straightens out and flies right. I don't think he'll be getting out of line again in the near future.
Gravediggers

United States

#13 Sep 1, 2012
Akin is gracious.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#14 Sep 1, 2012
Kuda wrote:
Fascists will kill their own without a moment's hesitation given any minor provocation. But I ask you...
What could be better than watching Rapepublicans cannibalize their own kind, just because Rove thought it was a clever idea to make public his homicidal ideation about Akin for simply losing track of a scripted lie? Who would have thought that telling a reporter might make it public? So, was it really an accident, a stern (severely conservative) warning or a traditional Sicilian-style kiss of death.
Did Rove mean it? Probably. He at least apologized for getting caught and gave the standard "I misspoke" defense. More Rapepublican "stock language" as in I really didn't mean it even though I thought I did, or something like that maybe, or maybe not? Who knows really?
Apparently, Akin got the message. I mean, there was nothing subtle about it (in the tradition of fascist death threats). Akin understood, bowed to accept Rove's "apology" and survive the ordeal as long as he straightens out and flies right. I don't think he'll be getting out of line again in the near future.
I find the old "I misspoke" defense laughable at best. It usually means "I told what I really think", then they scramble to correct the blow-back.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Sep 1, 2012
JackMcIntosh wrote:
So, it took one right wing nut to out-stupid the other?
The problem with lying is having to remember what lies you’ve told so you don’t accidentally tell the truth. Of course, Akin did not lie. He told the truth much to the chagrin of Boss Rove.

The Rapepublicans need to publish an official reference volume,“The Rapepublicans’ Book of Lies to Memorize,” with daily supplements to keep it up to date. A looseleaf format would probably work best, since older content is updated on a daily basis.
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Sep 1, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I find the old "I misspoke" defense laughable at best. It usually means "I told what I really think", then they scramble to correct the blow-back.
We stand behind whatever it is that we said, unless we accidentally misspoke, in which case we apologize for getting caught, but we were just using what we call “stock language.”

We hope that makes it perfectly unclear. If you have any questions, please let us know and we’ll make every effort not to answer them.

“AVAUNCEZ!!”

Since: Aug 07

Eldora Iowa

#17 Sep 1, 2012
It's no wonder this country is going down hill. Democrats and Republican operatives both trying to destroy each other, is the problem. Divided we fall remember?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#18 Sep 1, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
Akin is gracious.
Akin is also a bloomin' idiot!
Mu Words

Fishers, IN

#19 Sep 1, 2012
Halito wrote:
Did God say ye all....
ya hungeree 4God!;)

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#20 Sep 1, 2012
sailor310 wrote:
It's no wonder this country is going down hill. Democrats and Republican operatives both trying to destroy each other, is the problem. Divided we fall remember?
I agree, however, the politicians can only win if they US divided..
Kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Sep 1, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
Akin is gracious.
Is Akin gracious or more like intimidated and sucking up? It would certainly behove him to jump ship, escape from those fascist thugs and start a new life as a recovering Rapepublican among real, kinder, gentler friends. Is Witness Protection available in such cases?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Claire McCaskill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Latest on Ferguson: Civil rights leaders condem... 14 min Huh 1,659
News New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? (Aug '14) Mar 18 ATVrider2 3,395
News Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,545
News Latest on Ferguson: Obama, Brown family denounc... Mar 12 Ronald 5
News Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows Mar 7 KK K 10
News Reports: Missouri governor candidate dead in ap... Feb 28 barefoot2626 30
News Missouri Republican dead after apparent suicide Feb 27 goonsquad 34
More from around the web